Property Insurance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by 3edgell Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hola everyone

I think I might be on the verge of handing over the money and getting the keys to my new property - exciting I know but long over due!!!!!!

However, I thought it might be an idea to get some insurance. Can anyone steer me in the right direction towards reputable insurance companies that will provide insurance on rented Spanish property?

thanks.

This message was last edited by 3edgell on 9/1/2007.

Like 0      
01 Sep 2007 9:07 AM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
We went with schofields insurance some of the companies won't cover you for water damage if you leave your water on at the mains schofields will cover you if you do leave it on

Like 0      
01 Sep 2007 3:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Whereabouts are you in Spain though 3edgell 

If on the Costa Blanca I suggest you contact our previous insurers who are http://www.saltsbay.com/ who insure rented out properties and our current insurers who are http://www.easycover.net/ who will also, I'm sure, both in Torrevieja. Both give policies in English, be aware lots don't ! Both companies employees speak perfect English because they are generally English. (http://www.easycover.net/ were cheaper for what we required.)

Like 0      
01 Sep 2007 11:49 PM by dream Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Hi , I did mine in the uk with Intasure who cover rented properties, very easy to do and the policy is written in English!!

Like 0      
01 Sep 2007 11:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
All this has been covered before in various threads in Insuring your property (just click on blue link) We found Intasure loads more expensive than saltsbay & easycover.

Like 0      
02 Sep 2007 7:55 AM by 3edgell Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thank you to all those that repiied and I have done just  as morerosado suggests and can see that this topic has already been discussed..

I will follow up on some of the website links.

Here's to standing on my balcony in the sun with a San Miguel - at last!!!

Thanks

Like 0      
02 Sep 2007 10:27 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We are going to be using Salts bay as easycover wanted me to telephone them (the phone bill for Spain at the moment is already too high ) and wouldn't do an internet quote. We got a good price on a policy with extended third party liability from Salts Bay and hope to be taking it out in the next few weeks.

Mark

Like 0      
02 Sep 2007 11:37 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Mark

I gave details on http://www.easycover.net/  & they rang me & arranged all necessary. Odd that they asked you to ring them.

Use this form to contact
Easy Insurance about your quote
Your Name:
Telephone:
Email Address:
Enquiry Details:

Was cheaper than http://www.saltsbay.com/  so maybe try again, what do you think ?

If you want to ring Spain use http://www.dialwise.co.uk/index2.php  only 0.5p/minute using access code 0844 200 15 15

Like 0      
02 Sep 2007 11:58 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

That's the form I used More, but they said they couldn't quote without further details and it is already an expensive time at the moment with the buying process, so unnecessary phone calls to Spain are something I can do without. I sent them full details of the property, address, use, etc, but they would not give me a basic quote even though I asked if they could ask the extra questions they needed to by email. They didn't even reply to that email, so they obviously weren't too interested in having my money!! 

Salts Bay on the other hand have always replied within a few hours (assuming I ask thequestion at a reasonable ime of day), or first thing next day.

Mark

Like 0      
02 Sep 2007 12:05 PM by bluefox Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

anyone had any dealing's with ...liberty seguros...? some people in our complex are covered with them, seem to be very reasonable price wise, but apparently difficult to contact, they have a web site, and you e. mail them from that for a quote which i tried myself a couple of times a week or two ago, still waiting for a reply, and true to fact, property is covered by the square mtr.  

Like 0      
02 Sep 2007 8:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Mark

http://www.saltsbay.com/  were certainly very reasonable so glad you contacted them. Whilst we insured our property with them for a year we gave their details to many who found them excellent. We just shopped around further & spoke with other people who told us about http://www.easycover.net/  who quoted us even less so we changed after the year was up. Sorry you were asked to ring them , must've changed their ways.

Please be aware that you give these companies your bank details to debit your account with the annual cost but in around 10 - 11 months they automatically arrange to debit your a/c for the 2nd year, it's the usual thing with insurance companies apparently. We actually insisted we didn't have that & gave our debit card details for a one off payment. We put it in writing too & pprinted the email correspondance off.

Like 0      
22 Dec 2007 3:30 PM by HertsSteve Star rating in Herts and H.Riquelme. 57 posts Send private message

Has anyone had this problem---- Have completed with Bancaja, San Javier and had already arranged property & contents with Schofields.  Now Bancaja say the insurance is not valid because the UK company are not a company registered in Spain.

Schofields are currently in contact with Lloyds in Madrid as they feel this contravenes EU law.  Blimey, all I want is insurance!  So far  Bancaja are waiting for developments but I do not know for how long.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2007 9:26 AM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
Steve hope this isn't true as we are insured with schofields although we didn't have a mortgage

Like 0      
23 Dec 2007 11:23 AM by HertsSteve Star rating in Herts and H.Riquelme. 57 posts Send private message

Conrad please don`t worry, your cover will be fine.  I did not word that bit very well. I should have said that "the policy is not valid for a Bancaja mortgage"  for the reasons stated. 

This is purely a case of this bank not being happy with non-Spanish insurance company cover.  We think they are wrong and of course Schofields have many thousands of policies on Spanish properties, some of them, apparently, with other branches of Bancaja!

The reaon I chose Schofields is for their good reputation and comprehensive cover.  At the very worst I will have to cancel the buildings cover but keep the contents with Schofields. 

I am sorry Conrad if I gave you any concern

Like 0      
23 Dec 2007 1:00 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
No problem steve i thought that would be the case anyway I also chose them due to the comprehensive cover they give in that they don't ask you to turn of the water and electricity if you are not there some other insurance companies ask you to do this to validate any claims

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

skype - 14 posts
buying in almoradi - 3 posts
Does anyone know?...and opinions please! - 8 posts
does anyone know....? And your opinions please! - 3 posts
Hello everyone - 1 posts
QUESTION OF THE DAY??? - 31 posts
HACIENDA MARINA JANUARY 2007 - 1 posts
Are You Investing in UK property? Sponsored Link - 0 posts
Wills, probate, IHT - 13 posts
Hi i'm new to all this - 17 posts
Forum posts order - 18 posts
Speaking Spanish - 4 posts
advice on snagging an apartment - 3 posts
Torrox pueblo - 3 posts
Toll fees - 6 posts
maur/ger : currency exchange?????????????? - 2 posts
19,000 MEMBERS - WELL DONE EOS - 24 posts
Jet 2 Contact email anyone? - 9 posts
Reliable Rental Agencies - Mijas Costa - 0 posts
UNITED GOLF RESORT LE TERECIA, MURCIA - 4 posts
BEST BANKING IN SPAIN - 1 posts
don juan carvajal - fuengirola - 1 posts
THANK U SMILEY!! - 7 posts
Fantastic learning site .. you GOTTA look, can't explain it briefly. - 0 posts
Mosquito repellants suitable for infants - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x