19,000 MEMBERS - WELL DONE EOS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi EOS and Justin and Susan - congrats on clocking up 19,000 members - blimey it only seems like yesterday that I was congratulating you on 3,000 or was it 4 - cant remember (old age I guess) because it was such a short while ago. At this rate you will be taking over the world. Who would have thought when you had the idea for a friendly chatty as well as informative site that it would be the roaraway success it has been - I know there have been growing pains and more than the odd ruckus or two where you have had to restore calm to troubled waters but generally a rollercoaster is better than a millpond as long as perspective is kept and it keeps things fresh and exciting.

Anyway once again well done and keep up the good work - the members too!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
29 Aug 2007 10:31 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
How long has the logo been like that by the way - am I blind and has it been there for weeks or is it recent - like it whatever the answer!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
29 Aug 2007 12:01 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I love the new logo too.

But please can EOS team pop in more fequently to sort out the problems the few that do post are having, as we're getting very frustrated now. I refer to the thread in forum help JUSTIN, I NEED URGENT HELP where we have been asking to be able to delete our  own PMs. Each time we receive or send a PM it is duplicated time after time when we reply on same PM thread. I have currently 170 messages in each box, mostly all saying the same thing in a long thread on each !!  Also we want to be able to delete the develpoment boards we no longer want.

Otherwise long live EOS.

Like 0      
29 Aug 2007 12:52 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well done Justin and Susan, 19,000 members that is brilliant it will soon be the 20,000 thousand . I do like the new logo.  Pat and Roy

Like 0      
29 Aug 2007 1:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
29 Aug 2007 1:59 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Thanks for all your kind words.  The number of people joining the site does seem to be going up at quite a rate so we're very happy about that...we just want to keep building the site to make it more and more useful for everyone.  We have lots of things we're going to be adding over the next 2 - 3 months and we're really looking forward to those.

Glad you like the new logo too.  Smiley, we only put it up this morning so you're not going mad yet!  We were trying to capture something "fun" looking without it being too childish.  There is a reason for the new logo...all will be revealed soon!

Morerosado, sorry we've been absent for a while.  We've been carrying out some major usability and functionality tests over the past 4 weeks on the site before we do anything else to it, as we need to solve existing problems first (Pitby keeps reminding me of this all the time too).  We will be making quite a few changes to the PM system, the current one was only meant as a temporary system so that at least messages could be saved.  The new system should be up and running next week.

But most importantly, a BIG thank you to you all, you make the site what it is.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
29 Aug 2007 2:50 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Usability and functionality my arse - so basically you have been testing the corkscrew!!

The new logo reminds me of something I have seen somewhere before but I can quite place it - grey matter failure I am afraid.

Like 0      
29 Aug 2007 3:38 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
hic....oops, you know too much Smiley....

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
29 Aug 2007 3:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I think all the EOS team should use the avatar size new logo I have as part of my signature, as their avatars.

I've tried it & it works !

Like 0      
29 Aug 2007 4:25 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Enhorabuena Justin and EOS team!

Need to party when 20.000 is reached. I propose Grazalema as a place to gather and do some field trips around!!

The logo is awesome: it reflects more what you are and it is fun and refreshing  !!!  ( we always need laughter  within  the seriousness of the  fight)

I am also working on the renovation of my website as we are also adding some services to  the public now. Any suggestion is welcome. 

Best hearty wishes,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
29 Aug 2007 4:33 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

" it is fun and refreshing  !!!   we always need laughter"  I'll drink to that, Maria.

and we're   

Like 0      
29 Aug 2007 4:49 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

So well done EOS.......................Morerosado....................how do I get the logo ( which I HAVE got in my bucket ) under my signature...............I'm sure I should know this but it is another blonde senior moment !!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
29 Aug 2007 5:14 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
And a massive thanks and "mabrook" from me too, Justin!

Now ...... what new logo?????  Am I the only one who can only see this new logo in Mor's posts????  Because I have the old, usual logo on all my EOS pages!!

Typical, eh!?!?  Had to be me!!!  I've cleared caches, relaunched both browsers on my system and still get the usual one!!

Can I have a new logo too, pleeeaassee!!?

boo hoo, ......

Like 0      
29 Aug 2007 5:47 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

WELL DONE EOS - shows what a well read enjoyable forum this is!

Yes must party on the 20,000th - but then the summer party seemed to pass quietly! I guess now we are all getting back to normal (whatever that is!) we will have to resurrect the meetings along the coast - somewhere mid september seems a good a time as any - new thread for this one I think!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
29 Aug 2007 5:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Karen, go to your forum profile, scroll to bottom where you will see a large box to write in. Put your curser inside box so you know where you want logo then click on scene as you usually do when posting pics from photobucket & paste URL into scene's URL box. You've already got it in your bucket, I see. I resized the large one from top of page.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/29/2007.

Like 0      
29 Aug 2007 5:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi there Jan, did you get my email ? Hope you're ok.

Like 0      
29 Aug 2007 6:09 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
BIG      AGAIN !! Morerosado  xx

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
29 Aug 2007 8:11 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
Congratulations..........can you look into the depths of your records and tell each of us what our membership number is please????!!!! No doubt Smiley was NO.1 !!!!!

Like 0      
30 Aug 2007 2:57 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Fraid not Sharon I am a comparitive virgin - think I joined up last July/August and had the number 007 (and a half) - seems to have been a long time before the mast but the site was up and running ages before I showed up with my boring diatribe and sarcasm -

Like 0      
30 Aug 2007 3:15 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Hi Smiley, what's a 'comparative virgin' then...........................either you are or you're not !! Or can you be a born again one ??

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Jet 2 Contact email anyone? - 9 posts
Reliable Rental Agencies - Mijas Costa - 0 posts
UNITED GOLF RESORT LE TERECIA, MURCIA - 4 posts
BEST BANKING IN SPAIN - 1 posts
don juan carvajal - fuengirola - 1 posts
THANK U SMILEY!! - 7 posts
Fantastic learning site .. you GOTTA look, can't explain it briefly. - 0 posts
Mosquito repellants suitable for infants - 5 posts
Looking for furniture - 0 posts
Reserving an apartment off plan in Monte Aledo - 0 posts
Music? - 4 posts
Looking for furniture - 2 posts
Survival Guide from Summer Visitors. - 18 posts
Bringing a dog from France. - 6 posts
Arthritis Support Groups - 5 posts
EOS "Elping our Salvation" Thread - 7 posts
Arcos de la frontera - 1 posts
Hello, hoping you're all friendly! - 18 posts
´Hi it´s me!!!! - 2 posts
PO Boxs - 8 posts
finally hello!!!!!!! - 2 posts
Too old to find work? - 0 posts
Hi Low - 1 posts
Poor correspondence addressing - 6 posts
Where are you Juan Pánzon - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x