advice on snagging an apartment

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by holdenandlee Star rating. 57 posts Send private message

I am told that after a long delay my apartment in Spain which i bought off plan some 3 years ago has its habitation licence and my solicitor will soon be signing the title deeds on my behalf. I am told I can only snag the apartment once the title deeds are signed and the balance of monies paid over and cannot withold monies to make sure the developer makes good any defects. Can anyone advise how the snagging precedure operates,

1. Is there a time limit to preparing a snagging list and handing to the Developer

2. Is it worthwile to employ a local expat surveyor to prepare a snagging list on your behalf (I have been quoted 420 euros)

3. If the Developers forms are in spanish who fills these in

4. What happens if the developer doesnt carry out repairs

Any advice on what happens after the title deeds are signed would be appreciated as  i am unlikely to be in Spain when all this occurs

Like 0      
30 Aug 2007 9:05 AM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
Definitely get a professional surveyor, money well spent

Like 0      
02 Sep 2007 8:08 PM by Cuando estara listo? Star rating in Wilmslow. 38 posts Send private message

I agree with tinto, definately get a snagging company in, especially if your not going to be in Spain. You will be surprised what these companies will pick up, things yourself would quite easily miss. the price you were quoted is reasonable. I have just paid £300 for my snagging.

This message was last edited by Cuando estara listo? on 9/2/2007.

Like 0      
02 Sep 2007 8:52 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
You don't  say where you have bought or who you're developers are, not that that may be of relevance.  But I can say that we let the agents through which we bought our apartment (free service) do our snagging and, thankfully, we haven't actually had a problem.

As I understand it, in most cases you have thirty days from completion in which to submit your snag list.  Most decent developers provide a snag list in both Spanish and English (specifically for those who wish to do the snagging themselves, as our friends did).  So long as the snag list is submitted within the specified time limit, you (or your agents) can then monitor when the snagging is carried out).

You can, obviously pay someone to do this for you, but just check what you are paying for. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Torrox pueblo - 3 posts
Toll fees - 6 posts
maur/ger : currency exchange?????????????? - 2 posts
19,000 MEMBERS - WELL DONE EOS - 24 posts
Jet 2 Contact email anyone? - 9 posts
Reliable Rental Agencies - Mijas Costa - 0 posts
UNITED GOLF RESORT LE TERECIA, MURCIA - 4 posts
BEST BANKING IN SPAIN - 1 posts
don juan carvajal - fuengirola - 1 posts
THANK U SMILEY!! - 7 posts
Fantastic learning site .. you GOTTA look, can't explain it briefly. - 0 posts
Mosquito repellants suitable for infants - 5 posts
Looking for furniture - 0 posts
Reserving an apartment off plan in Monte Aledo - 0 posts
Music? - 4 posts
Looking for furniture - 2 posts
Survival Guide from Summer Visitors. - 18 posts
Bringing a dog from France. - 6 posts
Arthritis Support Groups - 5 posts
EOS "Elping our Salvation" Thread - 7 posts
Arcos de la frontera - 1 posts
Hello, hoping you're all friendly! - 18 posts
´Hi it´s me!!!! - 2 posts
PO Boxs - 8 posts
finally hello!!!!!!! - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x