Toll fees

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by lioneljohn Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi, Anyone have a rough idea of the toll fees from Calais to Malaga? Or is it better to stay off these roads just to save money?

John and Regina.

Like 0      
29 Aug 2007 7:33 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

30 Aug 2007 7:22 AM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

Hi Lionel

We have friends who do the tolls, they say its around 130 euro but only as far as the Costa Blanca south. They do vary as to the time of day and year so can vary some.

We have done the same trip a number of times, and have taken the roads to avoid the tolls. We find the French roads very good for travelling as there is not much   traffic in general, and so journey time is not that much longer,and is also a lot more plesasurable as we see a bit more.

Steve

Like 0      
30 Aug 2007 10:02 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Consider taking the Portsmouth - Bilbao ferry. It's a very long drive through France and on down to Malaga, and by the time you factor in tolls, fuel, overnight stops etc., the Bilbao option isn't necessarily expensive. It's a nice mini-cruise, too - weather permitting! The route from Bilbao to Malaga (with the exception of skirting Madrid perhaps) is IMHO far pleasanter than the coastal route via the Costa Blanca. Far less traffic, and no tolls. Allow 12 hours driving.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
31 Aug 2007 11:56 AM by jmtwsm Star rating in Sabinillas CDS. 191 posts Send private message

jmtwsm´s avatar

32 hours on the dismal "Pride of Bilbao" is not one of lifes greater pleasures.

20 hours on the lovely "Pont-Aven" from Plymouth to Santander is much nicer and the main restaurant is seriously good and not overpriced.     Brittany Ferries staff tend to be happier and more friendly than P&O's staff.

On our last trip down, a navigational error on my part, sent us through the centre of Madrid at rush hour with my partner driving in Spain for the first time.  It was slow but not as scary as we had imagined it would be.                                                                          Final Score:    Sue - 1   :  2million Madrilenos  - 0     !!!!!

This message was last edited by jmtwsm on 8/31/2007.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2007 12:02 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hiya jmt, not working today ? Ring us to arrange to meet, we're going Spain next Friday though for 10 nights.t

Like 0      
31 Aug 2007 6:20 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Of course, if you're starting from Somerset, the Plymouth route makes a lot of sense. Is the "Pride" really that bad now? Must be 4 or 5 years since I was on it, so probably badly in need of a refit by now, but at the time I thought it was OK.

The trick with Madrid, so I'm told, is to look for the airport and military base signs, and somehow slip between the two. Or something like that. Never worked for me yet, but at least it's nowhere near as bad as the Paris Peripherique (or the M25 for that matter).

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

maur/ger : currency exchange?????????????? - 2 posts
19,000 MEMBERS - WELL DONE EOS - 24 posts
Jet 2 Contact email anyone? - 9 posts
Reliable Rental Agencies - Mijas Costa - 0 posts
UNITED GOLF RESORT LE TERECIA, MURCIA - 4 posts
BEST BANKING IN SPAIN - 1 posts
don juan carvajal - fuengirola - 1 posts
THANK U SMILEY!! - 7 posts
Fantastic learning site .. you GOTTA look, can't explain it briefly. - 0 posts
Mosquito repellants suitable for infants - 5 posts
Looking for furniture - 0 posts
Reserving an apartment off plan in Monte Aledo - 0 posts
Music? - 4 posts
Looking for furniture - 2 posts
Survival Guide from Summer Visitors. - 18 posts
Bringing a dog from France. - 6 posts
Arthritis Support Groups - 5 posts
EOS "Elping our Salvation" Thread - 7 posts
Arcos de la frontera - 1 posts
Hello, hoping you're all friendly! - 18 posts
´Hi it´s me!!!! - 2 posts
PO Boxs - 8 posts
finally hello!!!!!!! - 2 posts
Too old to find work? - 0 posts
Hi Low - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x