Exporting car from Spain to UK on behalf of my Grandad

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Aug 2015 10:19 PM by ferretfromhx Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hope somebody can help as ive been reading the forums and the .gov.uk sites but cant really get a straight forward answer.

My grandad, who has lived out in Spain for about 3 years has come back 'home' to the UK as he is in the final stages of his life owing to Cancer.  He would like his car, which is about 4 years old and has spanish plates (RHD UK car transferred over) to be brought home, with his few personal belongings inside.

I offered to drive his car home for him, as he isnt fit enough to drive it at the moment.  Its looking like a drive throgh france as ferrys from spain to uk are fully booked over bank holiday weekend (30 aug).  The drive isnt a problem, but was wondering what the procedures in spain are for de registering his car thre as he wont be with me, insurance requirements (i have full uk licence clean), Also i read that you cant drive a spanish registered car in the uk with a uk licence. is that true or as im not the registered owner make a difference?

Does anybody have any experience of this?

Thanks in advance

Like 0      
17 Aug 2015 12:39 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Contact DVLA.       Also check out this link.......assuming it is okay that I put it on this site.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/changing-my-spanish-plates-back-uk-plates-690755/page2/

Like 1      
17 Aug 2015 8:38 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

That info is too old to be pf any use and posting the link appears to be against this rule:- 

NO LINKS TO EYE ON SPAIN "COPYCAT" WEBSITES - We get it all the time.  People have realised what a great facility we've developed here and many people have chosen to copy us.  They then decide that they will come to Eye on Spain and steal the members we've worked so hard for over 8 years.  No thank you, you're not welcome here.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2015 9:41 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Well, let's hope this link is in date and legally allowed on this site without fear of people poaching....

https://www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-into-the-uk

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

exchanging driving licences - 11 posts
Would you shop anyone? - 56 posts
sublet property - 1 posts
Complaints book/Hoja de reclamaciones - 8 posts
heating your home in the winter - 21 posts
van from Barcelona to North Wales - 0 posts
NEW! Banks condemned to repay on illegal mortgages - 20 posts
British Bobbies In Magaluf - 34 posts
Teenagers in Playa Flamenca - 0 posts
HOW TO TRANSFER PHOTOS FROM LAPTOP TO C.D.DISK - 1 posts
Shopping on Sunday!! - 8 posts
Wealth Tax - 7 posts
CAJAMAR BANK CLOSING PENSIONERS BANK ACCOUNT - 7 posts
Aeromax wireless internet - 3 posts
WANTED long term rental murcia or benidorm - 0 posts
Non EU Residencia renewal - 3 posts
Key Holder in Villamartin - 3 posts
Television - poor signal - 1 posts
Legal tip 1315. NEW! MANILVA COSTA S.A. - BANK ACTION WON IN FIRST INSTANCE COURT AGAINST CAIXABANK S.A. FOR A BUYER AT JARDINES DE MANILVA - 16 posts
This could happen to your Building if it was built in the 1960's - 6 posts
cheap "pay as go" sim card - 6 posts
long term rent with 2 dogs!! - 8 posts
Top weekend getaways in Spain - 0 posts
HIdralia - 7 posts
DVLA - 28 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x