Poor correspondence addressing

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

My Wife has just received her chequebook from Barclays today. How it ever got here is amazing??? The address shows her name, street, number and area of Leeds (but if you didn't know Leeds, you wouldn't know where it was for there). No mention of the town/ city, postcode or Country.

I moan like hell at the Royal Mail in this area as sometimes up to 20% of any post I send goes missing, unless I post it from within the Post Office itself, but they deserve a big pat on the back for this one!! The envelope was unopened, although it was sent as recorded delivery, so whether they contacted the sender for the full address, I don't know???

I wonder if my cheque book and our debit cards will arrive as successfully?

Mark

Like 0      
27 Aug 2007 9:19 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

".....I moan like hell at the Royal Mail "

You've not experienced the Spanish mail service, then?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Aug 2007 9:23 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

No, not yet. I take it I am in for some fun then??

Mark

Like 0      
27 Aug 2007 9:32 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Please don't get me started!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Aug 2007 9:36 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Hmmmmm!! I await the experience with bated breath .

Like 0      
27 Aug 2007 10:22 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Mark, yes Barclays do send cards and cheque books through the post, I have never had any problems with that.  But have just had cheque book and Flex card from Nationwide delivered by a guy in his car, so they must do their own courier service . But we have had trouble with post in Spain like never receiving it.  We go to our tiny P Office and like a lot of people flick through people's post till they find yours, or not in our case.   We have got post Boxes so whether that will improve things I do not know, but I won't hold my breath.         Pat

Like 0      
28 Aug 2007 10:11 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I emailed them over the weekend about the address problem, asking if they could format it a bit better and include all the relevant information. I got the response back that yes, we will send correspondence to your address at road, house number, suburb. I give up. Is there no hope .

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Where are you Juan Pánzon - 0 posts
Feb 2008 Half Term - 6 posts
Need some help logging onto new development forums!! - 4 posts
Ryanair to charge £2 per person per flight for check in - 3 posts
Looking for a gardener + maintainance person in Benalmadena - 0 posts
Too old? - 7 posts
Hello - 1 posts
Which website to sell my property? - 3 posts
Which website to sell my property? - 13 posts
Car - 18 posts
grupo location - 2 posts
Opions on Estate Agents - 10 posts
Property Problems? ITV Documentary - 4 posts
MOTORCYCLE TRIPS - 5 posts
Hi all - 1 posts
re- mortgage advice wanted - 3 posts
golf - 5 posts
Hi all - advice appreciated. - 11 posts
Hotel Lloyds Club, seafront, La Mata near Torrevieja, CB - 0 posts
Is there a Urologist or Qualified Midwife amongst our members? - 8 posts
A business for my nephew - 1 posts
Free texts - 0 posts
LOOKING FOR OFFICE SPACE, SHOWROOM, WAREHOUSE ? - 0 posts
to all investing in guadlapin banus - 6 posts
MIKE T, MOVING TO SPAIN.................................................. - 28 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x