urbanización Camposol de Mazarrón

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Aug 2015 12:18 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

I'm not sure it's right to criticise any place without a specific reason, but for me of the two I would prefer Camposol to Condado/Polaris World.  The primary reason is the size of the properties - Condado room sizes tend to be small, but the amenities at Camposol are more extensive and self contained, whereas I imagine you you need to drive a lot if you lived on Condado.

But both represent marvellous places to buy for those who don't wish to splash out loads of money on a Spanish property.  It's a pity that the hotel on Camposol has been "moth balled" but the golf club seems to be thriving and seems a very pleasant part of the community.

Like 1      
01 Aug 2015 12:50 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I have not come across eny thing as cheep as 40,000 in my travels ,l am due to go over at the end of August and l will make a point of going up to Polaris world its only 4klm from Camposol to have a look my self l hear from other's that they are going for around the 60,000 l will let you no what you can buy one for ,1bed /2bed/3beds l will have a look as a prospective buyer and get all the up to date Price's as l said l am going over at the end of August for 10 days l have the internet on so l will be in touch.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2015 1:07 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Here are some---http://www.kyero.com/browse/coastal-las-terrazas-de-la-torre-golf-resort-property-for-sale-loc55679pag1ppp20slt0srt0  i have been offered 2 bed 2 bath for 32k euro on a NON Polaris site.The resort has lost its golf course but the build spec inside the property is good, so buying it would be a bit of a punt, but even without the golf its still a nice place and a great price.Happy house hunting.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2015 4:01 PM by simmo123 Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Hi 

we have a place on Condado and Campasol and while I would agree about the room sizes in candado being a little more compact I dont think you can compare the two on that basis. I dont think you would buy on Condado to retire hence our place on Campasol but the comercial centre on Condado is far nicer to sit around of an evening than Campasol. While these prices may seem low by the time you add air con and furniture you will be near enough at the price of resales on Condado.

REgards

Paul

Like 0      
01 Aug 2015 4:02 PM by simmo123 Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Hi 

we have a place on Condado and Campasol and while I would agree about the room sizes in candado being a little more compact I dont think you can compare the two on that basis. I dont think you would buy on Condado to retire hence our place on Campasol but the comercial centre on Condado is far nicer to sit around of an evening than Campasol. While these prices may seem low by the time you add air con and furniture you will be near enough at the price of resales on Condado.

REgards

Paul

Like 0      
01 Aug 2015 4:02 PM by simmo123 Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

03 Aug 2015 10:01 PM by muG Star rating. 108 posts Send private message

muG´s avatar

Hi Newworld just to add a we are on serria golf love it ,,,,what is the problem with the build ,,,,,...our site has just been sold thousands been spent on houses and golf corse .As a investor  I  think my money safe on there .The new builders just opened sales centre with villas selling for price of apts and no community fee watch this space

Like 0      
03 Aug 2015 11:18 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Horses for courses as they say.  Everyone has their own reasons for buying wherever they have and this game of rubbishing other people's places, or one upmanship, is really not helpful.  We all have different tastes and no one should be talking them down.

There are so many people that have lost their life savings during this crash, whoever they are and wherever they bought, and that is the saddest thing.  Some of us on the forum are lucky enough to have our places and enjoy them.  Why can't that be a good thing.

Jane

Like 4      
04 Aug 2015 8:52 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

I agree,it wouldn't do for us all to want the same thing, as I've stated previously my only knowledge of these complexes is through tv and the internet. However I wonder why the developers predominantly choose Californian mock Mexican architecture, whereas typically Spanish buildings have far more straight lines to them.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
04 Aug 2015 7:13 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Californian mock Mexican architecture?   Do you mean Spanish Colonial?   

Like 0      
04 Aug 2015 7:22 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Roly2,

No, IMHO the Spanish urbanisations bear no resemblence to Spanish colonial architecture. 

Like 0      
04 Aug 2015 8:29 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

I can't even imagine what you mean by Californian mock Mexican.   Unless you are thinking of Disneyland, (which isn't real).  

I think most of the past 10 year urbanisations have tried to capture a bit of the Moorish past - hence the curves and pillars.    But, my experience of Roda golf for example is that it is all straight lines.   What an odd digression and an odd 'however' to chuck into the discussion. 

Like 0      
04 Aug 2015 8:47 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

You have your opinion, I have mine, let us agree to disagree, I visited Spain in the early 60's and never experienced the 'curves and pillars', there were no urbanisations in those days, but then again there were very few expats to bring their vision of Spain to the Spanish.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2015 10:44 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

I've just called into Camposol on the way past - they have the best fish n chip shop in Spain.  But the place was heaving, no chance of fis n chips for less than an hour wait, which I didn't fancy, but lots of people really enjoying themselves, like one big party which was great to see.

Not sure that the finer points of mock Mexican architecture was necessarily their primary topic of conversation, but they seemed to be enjoying themselves regardless.

Like 4      
05 Aug 2015 7:58 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

As I've said on numerous occasions, when we dine out the restaurant/cafe will be behind us and the Med will be infront of us, irrespective of it not being the 'real Spain, or the Spanish guys serving us not actually being 'real Spaniards'. laugh

In Calahonda the majority of visitors/ex pats appear to prefer to dine as close to the A7 as possible, this leaves plenty of tables overlooking the Med for us to choose from. wink  

Like 0      
05 Aug 2015 11:47 AM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

acer- you must be easily pleased when it comes to fish'n'chips!

Like 0      
05 Aug 2015 2:01 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Camposol,

Like most things it's a matter of taste, but being a northern lad I claim some authority on the subject and the guy cooks them exactly right - the fish and batter myst be really crisp and the chips must be moist and just a bit greasy.  The only problem there is that they're not geared up to cater for a sudden demand.

I don't know if you were there but the music was good too last night - a group called The Streeters, quite talented.  I just wish the event wasn't published a bit wider.

Like 1      
05 Aug 2015 5:46 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

When I was a lad most chippies only fried in beef dripping, my favourite only fried the fish to order, never the less there was always a very patient queue of circa 20 waiting for a great meal. As for fish and chips in Spain, the Garden Bar in Calahonda serve better fish and chips than I can get locally in the UK, and you have the added advantage of being beach front whilst you are eating them. 

Like 0      
06 Aug 2015 9:29 AM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

This latest update is quite informative on the background to original post.

http://murciatoday.com/cra-drop-bombshell-on-camposol_26798-a.html

Like 1      
06 Aug 2015 3:46 PM by Rossetti Star rating in Oxford and Zurich. 124 posts Send private message

As I said way back, this is not a development to buy into. The pics tell the story and there seem to be an increasing number of properties cracking or the utilities being at risk.

All you can say isthe properties are cheap and that tells the story. Still rents are cheap and if you want a little blue England island in the sun, this could be it.

Ross

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ideas for towns to stay in within 45 mins of Valencia and info on Valencia itself... - 7 posts
Hi Everyone - Looking To Retire - 40 posts
Is there anyone really willing to relocate to Spain soon? - 1 posts
Valencia SIP Cards - 2 posts
Looking for a lawyer near Alora - 0 posts
Proof of entitlement - 17 posts
use of membership number for discount on ferry travel - 1 posts
Car hire - 4 posts
Techie question - Fibre/Cat5/TV - 2 posts
Folding bike for sale. - 0 posts
Post Replies not reflecting despite having received a reply on Email from Forum User - 2 posts
3 months rental - 15 posts
miss sold insurance - 30 posts
Any Info on living in the Canals area - 2 posts
Lawyers in Alzira - 0 posts
Equity Release - 12 posts
Alicante Airport - 0 posts
CGT - 13 posts
Plumber/electriction for holiday let - 0 posts
marbella plumbers - 0 posts
Website set up for off plan deposits? - 5 posts
NIE in Torrevieja - 30 posts
car purchase and resident - 14 posts
buying off-plan comes more risky. Law 20/2015 abolishes Law 57/1968 and modifies Law 38/999 - 71 posts
What's the cost of Aircon installation in Spain? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 52

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x