urbanización Camposol de Mazarrón

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Aug 2015 3:59 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

If you read the up to date article the council said it will take approximately 12 million EU to sort out Camposol ,money that they do not have( Bollocks) Mazarron council over the 7 year's that l have owned a property on Camposol have collected approximately 2.8 million per year.in IBI from the 7 thousand properties on Camposol = 19.6 million in the 7 years I have been on Camposol all wee get is a rubbish collection that is paid via the extortionate water bills so what the hell Doe's Mazarron council do with the illegal IBI collected from a site that said should not be their bearing in mind the site has full planning consent .

Like 2      
06 Aug 2015 4:11 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

What an incredibly informative (and compassionate) article http://murciatoday.com/cra-drop-bombshell-on-camposol_26798-a.html and one that highlights so many issues (political, social and judicial) that sadly have impacted the Spanish Real Estate industry, with all the knock on effects re longer term legality issues, ongoing owner vulnerabilities etc that follow in the wake of significant defective build/infrastructure of this nature during this last decade and beyond.

I wonder however whether the local authority ensured that adequate developer bonds/guarantees were put in place from the outset, to ensure that in the event of developer insolvency that any defects of this significant nature would be effectively covered by all necessary insurance, so as to make good the infrastructure etc. and thereby protect not only those directly impacted by this nightmare scenario, but also those indirectly impacted, i.e. owners within other sectors of the development?

This message was last edited by ads on 06/08/2015.

Like 1      
06 Aug 2015 4:29 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Windtalker-there are  about 4000 properties on Camposol, not 7000.

what people must do is get away from the idea that  Camposol is sinking, and houses are are falling down

This  is NOT the case, and repeating this on forums harms the reputation of the place, particularly to those wishing to sell for reasons unconnected to the problems.

as stated in the article on Murcia Today, 92% of properties are fine and the owners are content living in them.

The  unfortunate 8 %  have awful problems, which the Residents Association is doing its best  to get fixed.

Like 1      
06 Aug 2015 5:02 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

So long as there is any hint of potential retrospective change to the legalities and financial overheads relating to this urbinisation ("Camposol can only be adopted as a complete urbanisation when it is finished IN FULL, ALL SECTORS INCLUDED, and there is no legal allowance for  the urbanisation to be adopted one sector at a time" or "residents themselves should take responsibility for private roads on which their homes are built" ), or issues such as questioning the legality of the bridge which connects sectors B to C (and therefore D), erratic water supply to parts of sector B, etc  it will inevitably and sadly appear to impact all.

Is it not, as expressed in this article, in everyones' interest to sort out the problems so that everyone benefits, including the businesses in the municipality?

Like 0      
06 Aug 2015 5:16 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

At the risk of annoying some: I wonder what the Spanish attitude is towards developments like Camposol. In the UK the general population despises Pakistani/muslim ghettoes where the people don't speak the language and live away from the population at large. I suppose it must be a language thing, as Brits going to Engl;isdh speaking countries like USA, Australia, Canada, South Africa, etc don't set out to find communities of Brits. Mostly they want to integrate asap. I don't understand places like Camposol.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2015 5:30 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

I wouldn't live anywhere where the indigenous population don't live and hasn't any history or tradition, if those guys don't feel that somewhere is worthy of their occupation then that's good enough for me.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
06 Aug 2015 6:33 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Guy T - There are Spanish people living on Camposol too!

the Spanish in Mazarron are aware that since Camposol has been built, it has benefited greatly from the money that has poured in from IBI, property purchase, consumer goods , sports facilities etc

many areas of the town have been improved, new pavements, lights, shops, etc

however, this is not reflected in the money spent on Camposol

Like 2      
06 Aug 2015 9:26 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Is this because the local authority expected the developer to provide the infrastructure (street lighting, roads, sewers, provision for utilities, etc) and should the developer default, then the developer bond/insurance should be in place as fallback provision to complete any outstanding works?

Is this not common practice in Spain to act as effective reassurance for any property investors during any continuing later build phases?

If these bonds/insurance are not in place from the outset then aren't all earlier investors who take possession of property at risk on large developments that cover several build phases?  

Like 2      
06 Aug 2015 9:26 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

Camposol, I was thinking of you when I said I might annoy some people. But I suspect you are being disingenuous when you say there are Spanish living there too. Is it, or is it not, an essentially Brit community?

btw: I remember reading your asking some months ago how to best bank/transfer the proceeds of the sale of your property. I am not trying to be funny, how are things progressing/did things fall through? Sincere wishes that everything progresses to your satisfaction. 

Like 0      
07 Aug 2015 8:42 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Ads is of course quite right with his comment - Mazarron Council expect all the infrastructure to be completed to their standard before they accept responsibility for future maintenance.  It sounds from the report that the new lady mayor, Alicia Jimenez is reneging on the promises made by her predecessor which outrageous, but IMHO Spanish politicians in Spain make our guys look like saints.

I do hope that the CRA manage to keep people together and tackle this as a united community, as that is the only way that you will be able to move forward.

Like 1      
07 Aug 2015 2:46 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Guy T 

it all went through smoothly, with the money transferred by Currencies Direct, thanks

Like 0      
07 Aug 2015 4:14 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Many British have shown a liking for townships/communities, they probably feel more secure in them, I live semi rural in the UK but wouldn't fancy living in the back and beyond in Spain, However I could cope with village life in northern Spain, on the proviso that the village was situated close to the coast (whoops it wouldn't be in the 'Real Spain' would it?) wink

As for communities I know folk who live in them and love it, infact they wouldn't swap with me. I feel very sorry for the guys who have been stung by cowboy developers of Spanish community property, however the cowboys don't just limit their activities to communities, the Spanish authorities need to toughen up big style. 

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ideas for towns to stay in within 45 mins of Valencia and info on Valencia itself... - 7 posts
Hi Everyone - Looking To Retire - 40 posts
Is there anyone really willing to relocate to Spain soon? - 1 posts
Valencia SIP Cards - 2 posts
Looking for a lawyer near Alora - 0 posts
Proof of entitlement - 17 posts
use of membership number for discount on ferry travel - 1 posts
Car hire - 4 posts
Techie question - Fibre/Cat5/TV - 2 posts
Folding bike for sale. - 0 posts
Post Replies not reflecting despite having received a reply on Email from Forum User - 2 posts
3 months rental - 15 posts
miss sold insurance - 30 posts
Any Info on living in the Canals area - 2 posts
Lawyers in Alzira - 0 posts
Equity Release - 12 posts
Alicante Airport - 0 posts
CGT - 13 posts
Plumber/electriction for holiday let - 0 posts
marbella plumbers - 0 posts
Website set up for off plan deposits? - 5 posts
NIE in Torrevieja - 30 posts
car purchase and resident - 14 posts
buying off-plan comes more risky. Law 20/2015 abolishes Law 57/1968 and modifies Law 38/999 - 71 posts
What's the cost of Aircon installation in Spain? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 52

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x