Android tv box use in costa blanca

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Mar 2017 12:35 PM by sarah0053 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Does anyone know where there is a wholesaler for android tv boxes in Costa Del Sol - Malaga, Fuengirola area - I do not need it loaded just a blank box that can be programmed?

Like 0      
27 Mar 2017 2:31 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Does anyone know where there is a wholesaler for android tv boxes in Costa Del Sol - Malaga, Fuengirola area - I do not need it loaded just a blank box that can be programmed?

Do you need quite a few from a wholesaler or just the one? E-bay could be your best bet, they sell blank one's, China sells blank one's, after all they all born in China. I deal  (Not with the boxes)  with some Chinese people and to date  never had any problems with any of them when it comes to delivery, if you do decide to go down this route ask the seller how it sends it, Mail or Courier, Mail is the best.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2017 5:51 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

If you can't get a android box a laptop will do the same job just download the Showbox app and the ukiptv app and you can watch TV on the laptop....and  just buy the appropriate lead that Connect's the laptop to the TV ...I have seen the android box's for sale in spain at 4 time's the price that you can buy them of eBay UK...the one I have cost £30.00 deliverd of ebay.

Like 1      
10 May 2017 2:10 AM by Georgie777 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I just got a tv box in altea from the market its unbeliaveable all live tv and sky spirts . Movies tge lot. You can contact if interested at dennisinspain at gmail dot com what more can I say fab 

Like 0      
10 May 2017 4:50 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

there's no land telephone line where I live, and although the mobile gets phone and text on Orange, only vodaphone can get data stuff. Would an android box work for me and would it cost a fortune in data stuff from vodaphone....I'm not very smart on the wi fi front so a simple explanation would be useful....ta

Like 0      
11 May 2017 9:55 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Johnmcmahon .A simple answer to your question is don't buy a Android TV if you don't have a unlimited internet connection.

Like 0      
11 May 2017 4:56 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

what's an android tv ?

Like 0      
11 May 2017 7:42 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Anyone using an Amazon fire stick in Spain?

Any problems?

Like 0      
14 May 2017 1:00 PM by BREXIT Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

A TV box is now a good option, easily purchased on the internet. Wise to get one now before Sky dramatically cuts back or stops it’s satellite broadcasting signal to Spain.

Like 0      
14 May 2017 2:00 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Anyone using an Amazon fire stick in Spain?

Any problems?

Hi ttedd.

Just bought two from Amazon to be taken to Spain, will let you know when they come and I set them up, not anticipating any problems with them but according to the news gossip the governments, EU and the UK and the likes of Google etc are cracking down on them with the threat of a 10 year prison sentence if they catch you using one and downloading stuff.

Suppose first they will have to build an extra 20 prison to take all the criminals in.

Like 1      
19 May 2017 8:11 PM by taddandbaz Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Doubt you will get BBC due to IP address. Each prison suite in UK has TV.

Tadd and baz

Like 0      
19 May 2017 9:38 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Doubt you will get BBC due to IP address. Each prison suite in UK has TV.

Really.

I already have the Kodi box's and get all the channels we want to watch, oh yes and BBC.

Thanks for letting me know about the prisons, I didn't know that, no doubt you got a good reception in your one.

Like 0      
20 May 2017 9:06 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Baz1946 The only way you will receive UK TV on a Android box is to pay for it via filmon and so on ....you will find that if you are in Spain if you load a British TV app as soon as it picks up you IP address you will be shut down  this changed last month  prior to this change British TV was free to watch on a Android box.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 20/05/2017.

Like 0      
20 May 2017 9:53 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hi Windtalker.

The guy that set up my box's does something with the IP address's so they don't show, thats all I know, I have absolutly no idea how it's done, he owns a large IT company so it has to be in the realms of his knowledge, when we meet up and speak with him its like being on another planet and with this stuff it takes two words to go way over my head.

I was in Spain a week or so ago and one box was working as per normal, over again very soon so obversly will check them, he is the guy sorting out the two Amazon firesticks I just bought, whether or not these are totally different we shall see, he says not.

Like 0      
26 Oct 2017 8:31 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Hi Baz or anyone with Fire sticks.

Did you get them going?

I have just tried and get location warnings.

I think I saw somewhere that there was a way to get over this but I can't remember where.

Like 0      
26 Oct 2017 10:10 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hi tteedd.

Yes both firesticks going well, get films, English TV channels, has a thingy called Mobdro...If thats spelt correctly...But with that it took a while to work out these channels are live TV so they can start halfway through a show, okay if you want that, I don't watch that much TV anywhere,  interested in a film now and again thats all.

I bought an Amazon fire stick for a mate  who lives on the Costa Blanca and he says it's going well, his mate has the box and no complaints he says.

My XMBC box has been fiddled with by the guy who talks something I have no idea of what he's going on about, I do know no IP address shows up ever, how thats done haven't a clue, I do use a VPN when In Spain and England, perhaps that would help you out.

I know You Tube does a lot of information on these, maybe worth a look.

Like 0      
27 Oct 2017 9:44 AM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

One of the apps available to donwload on a firestick is IpVanish. You then need to subscribe. The other solution is to purchase a pre-configured router with VPN service. Again you will need to pay a monthly/annual fee.

Saludos

Like 1      
27 Oct 2017 4:24 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Why not just download  the  mobdro app  and be done with it.... I really don't understand why so many people on EOS are so confused beat's me ...just download the app on to your computer or your TV Android box and away you go ..../free sky/free BT/ Free UK free view the whole package .if you are using a fire stick through it in the bin and get a decent android TV box off eBay ...they cost around £40 delivered.

Like 2      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Obtaining my NIE in Murcia - 3 posts
iberia Flights Malaga - Madrid - Manchester - 3 posts
apprenticeships in catering - 2 posts
Squatters - 14 posts
The new forum for Almeria - 0 posts
Electricity Costs in Spain - 2 posts
Exchange rate - 3 posts
If i've paid for information - should my lawyer allow me to see it? - 10 posts
Sell in Spain - 22 posts
car hire Malaga airport with Europcar - 4 posts
Ex Pats are on a roll...... - 19 posts
Elderly care? - 5 posts
Pool Fence questions? - 0 posts
Stair lifts - 0 posts
Hello Almerimar, Almeria - 1 posts
Spanish Judge Violates Global Rule, Makes Bank President & Former IMF Chief Pay for Financial Crimes - 1 posts
How does that work then? - 4 posts
Viva Estates - 6 posts
Is 'now' the time to buy in Spain… is the wait finally over? - 88 posts
nissian micra for sale - 2 posts
Property Management Recommendations - Santiago De La Ribera/Lo Pagan Area - 4 posts
Going to Court - 4 posts
Introducing myself, Cristian de la Torre - 0 posts
Mountain Bikes for sale - 0 posts
Domyos VE680 cross trainer - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 38

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x