Viva Estates

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Feb 2015 1:30 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

I emailed them a few weeks ago in respect of a property they were advertising, I am still awaiting their reply. In the interim I noticed an add for a beachside townhouse with them in an area we are conversant with, I checked their full listings and found another in the same area, the photo was the same one as the other townhouse. I have, in the past, called into one of their offices for a brochure of a property with their board outside it, only to be told that they had never heard of it, Are these guys totally incompetant, or are they advertising properties that they have not been instructed on in order to make their stock look larger than it is?

We have further heard of other agents asking for €4,000 deposits on properties that prospective purchasers had not even had an acceptance of their offer on. I would be minded to buy privately from a none Spanish vendor, using a bilingual lawyer who had been well recommended by independent parties, and would only part with any money via said lawyer.

Am I being paranoid or sensible?

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
16 Feb 2015 3:42 PM by starfox Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

You can never be paranoid enough.

Using a private and independant lawyer is certainly a sensible approach, it's by no means a guarantee of anything but if they are good and doing their job right then the lawyer will quickly sort out any rogue estate agents. If an agent does not agree with the approach a lawyer is taking then there will be no sale but they normally tow the line as soon as someone starts quoting the law at them.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2015 6:29 PM by scambuster Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

** EDITED **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 2/26/2015 3:45:00 PM.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2015 7:08 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Well I'm glad that I wasn't imagining it, yet another valid reason for showing great caution when purchasing property in Spain.frown 

Like 0      
27 Feb 2015 6:52 PM by scambuster Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

Everything in my previous post ** EDITED - Against forum rules ** about this company, and all can be seen online if a Google search is made of them. It speaks volumes that the post was not edited  as forum rules mentioned, but deleted in it's entirety, there was no abuse nor spam! 

I suggest interested parties do an internet search on them.

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 2/27/2015 7:10:00 PM.

Like 1      
27 Feb 2015 7:09 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Scambuster The post was not edited because of abuse or spam, and we would like to take the opportunity to remind you and others of the following forum rule :

"DON'T MENTION COMPANY OR EMPLOYEE NAMES - Please do not use the forums to complain about companies or individuals.  We are not in a position to be held liable for defamatory content on our site over which we know nothing about.  Therefore, please do not mention any company names or their staff if you have any complaints. This is not the place to vent your anger."

Thank you.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2015 7:13 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

I initially trusted information supplied by rightmove, who I've found to be very professional in the UK. However they can only show what is available, the ethics of individual Spanish sales agents need to be policed by a regulator with teeth.   

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

Is 'now' the time to buy in Spain… is the wait finally over? - 88 posts
nissian micra for sale - 2 posts
Property Management Recommendations - Santiago De La Ribera/Lo Pagan Area - 4 posts
Going to Court - 4 posts
Introducing myself, Cristian de la Torre - 0 posts
Mountain Bikes for sale - 0 posts
Domyos VE680 cross trainer - 0 posts
English Speaking Lawyer in Fuengirola - 3 posts
Obtaining NIE in the UK from Spanish Consulate - 2 posts
Liability for past tenents water bill - 11 posts
Just landed - 0 posts
Sun,sea, sangria and STRESS....that's Spain..... - 18 posts
White Van Man - 0 posts
Auto airport Parking - 6 posts
Fixed-rate mortgages gaining in popularity - Is it the way forward? - 10 posts
internet - 2 posts
Snow ?? - 5 posts
Door lock - 0 posts
Polaris World - Maintenance etc - 22 posts
Highway Robbers - 22 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL - 5 posts
LOST THE RECENT DUCK CONFIT RECIPE! - 3 posts
Long Term Car Hire - Malaga - 0 posts
Second-hand goods bought in Spain subject to two-year guarantee - 9 posts
Brussels raises 2015 growth forecast for Spain - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x