iberia Flights Malaga - Madrid - Manchester

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Feb 2015 3:41 PM by axti101 Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Hi, anyone had experience of Air Iberia service.Considering a cheap flight back to Manchester via Madrid but not sure I want to risk it, as I might miss my connection at Madrid if late leaving Malaga. 55 mins.wait at Madrid - is it do-able? Thanks in advance.

body p

Like 0      
23 Feb 2015 4:19 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

I guess with that route you are not going to get hammered by the extortionate half term prices charged by UK carriers!

If it's Iberia all the way ask them about the connecting flights, I'm sure they will advise. I'm sure it's doable if all is on time but you can never be 100% sure.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2015 5:20 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I have done this twice LHR - MAD - Almeria & it has worked fine but I would be panicking if I had less than an hour betwen flights.

Travelling from London, we left from the same terminal that we arrived in but the terminal is huge & by the law of sod, we arrived at one end & departed from the other. It was a good 15 minute walk.

Doing the journey in reverse, we had to use a shuttle train to get from one terminal to another & again, this took quite a while.

Friends  of mine did this return journey last Summer & even with the same carrier, they did not get their flight at Madrid due to delays departing from Almeria & they had to stay overnight.

Personally, I always leave loads of time & I would definitely want at least a 2 hour stopover.

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 1      
23 Feb 2015 5:45 PM by axti101 Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

First of all, thanks for the feedback.  I think your right a 2 hour gap is more of a cushion. I think its worth a try in the future but I'll wait for better connection times. I guess I could go to Madrid by Train from Malaga then just fly madrid - manchester. Thanks again.  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

apprenticeships in catering - 2 posts
Squatters - 14 posts
The new forum for Almeria - 0 posts
Electricity Costs in Spain - 2 posts
Exchange rate - 3 posts
If i've paid for information - should my lawyer allow me to see it? - 10 posts
Sell in Spain - 22 posts
car hire Malaga airport with Europcar - 4 posts
Ex Pats are on a roll...... - 19 posts
Elderly care? - 5 posts
Pool Fence questions? - 0 posts
Stair lifts - 0 posts
Hello Almerimar, Almeria - 1 posts
Spanish Judge Violates Global Rule, Makes Bank President & Former IMF Chief Pay for Financial Crimes - 1 posts
How does that work then? - 4 posts
Viva Estates - 6 posts
Is 'now' the time to buy in Spain… is the wait finally over? - 88 posts
nissian micra for sale - 2 posts
Property Management Recommendations - Santiago De La Ribera/Lo Pagan Area - 4 posts
Going to Court - 4 posts
Introducing myself, Cristian de la Torre - 0 posts
Mountain Bikes for sale - 0 posts
Domyos VE680 cross trainer - 0 posts
English Speaking Lawyer in Fuengirola - 3 posts
Obtaining NIE in the UK from Spanish Consulate - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x