If i've paid for information - should my lawyer allow me to see it?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Feb 2015 1:13 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has paid for information, such as details of bank guarantee, from a solicitor but the solicitor is being awkward about revealing this information to you?

I'm not going to mention any names yet, but I paid to have my solicitor extract information (via courts) about my off plan deposit bank details. They are now reluctant to part with this information. What are my avenues of recourse?

Thanks

Like 0      
21 Feb 2015 3:07 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi

This websites might help you.

https://www.gov.uk/how-to-buy-property-in-spain#buying-property-off-plan

http://www.spanish-lawyers.info/ingles/servicios1c.php

Also you could send Maria de Castro,a lawyer in Cadiz, a private message . Her Legal Tips are on this forum.

Good Luck

This message was last edited by nigel188 on 21/02/2015.

Nigel

Like 0      
23 Feb 2015 7:27 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Thanks Nigel.

I couldn't find anything relevant to this issue.

I'll keep looking for some information, cheers

Like 0      
24 Feb 2015 8:45 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi Fazarelli

I should strongly suuggest that you send Maria De Castro,Lawer in Cadiz(very helpful in these matters)  a Private Message and ask her to reply on this Forum.See Link below.

http://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-20362.aspx

Good Luck

Nigel

Like 0      
24 Feb 2015 9:22 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Faz.  

If asking 'nicely' does not work then ask for AND COMPLETE, the complaints forms  (hojas de reclamación).

I am just about 100% certain the solicitor will then comply with your request

Like 0      
27 May 2015 12:07 AM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Ok. I've been waiting for this information from my solicitor for nearly 3 months, after they promised it to me back in March. They are now ignoring my emails.

Also, they claimed that the information about which bank has my off plan deposit payments would cost €300 + IVA. Now they say that the fee should have been €1100 approx. No mention of this extra amount until I asked for the information.

Another reason I'm upset and concerned about this is that they have asked me to pay their upfront fees for taking this bank to court. The fees are €3025 plus €1500 for court fees etc. They want this money on the basis that they know which bank has my deposit. I'm simply asking them for proof of this before I throw €4500 at it.

I'm not going to mention names just yet but I think that this should be brought to the attention of all on here who may well be thinking of giving them some money on blind faith. I'm starting to smell a rat about this recovering money from the banks - so far all we've got is anecdotal evidence from this site.

I'll give them 7 days to give me my information, then I'll blow them sky high on here, with a thread on every single page of this site.

Like 0      
27 May 2015 8:13 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Faz

Like Johnzx said in February this year. Have you completed this form yet!!!!!!!!!

If asking 'nicely' does not work then ask for AND COMPLETE, the complaints forms  (hojas de reclamación).

I am just about 100% certain the solicitor will then comply with your request

Unquote

This message was last edited by nigel188 on 27/05/2015.

Nigel

Like 0      
27 May 2015 3:13 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Nigel, thanks for your reply.

Where do i find this complaint form? Do i need to ask my solicitor for it? Or do i go to the law society in spain or something?

Thanks very mcuh

Like 0      
27 May 2015 3:13 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Nigel, thanks for your reply.

Where do i find this complaint form? Do i need to ask my solicitor for it? Or do i go to the law society in spain or something?

Thanks very mcuh

Like 0      
27 May 2015 5:23 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi Faz

Here is some more information for you.I do not know if it is the correct form to use. May be some other Forum user can clarify it for you.

http://www.spainexpat.com/spain/information/hojas-de-reclamaciones-official-consumer-complaint-forms/

http://www.cabildofuer.es/portal/RecursosWeb/DOCUMENTOS/1/0_1438_1.pdf

Good Luck

Nigel

Like 0      
29 May 2015 8:58 AM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

It sounds to me as if you don't trust your sollicitor. If that is the case, I would terminate my relationship with him sasp and seek another. If you haven't got the trust and full cooperation, anything else is pointless.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sell in Spain - 22 posts
car hire Malaga airport with Europcar - 4 posts
Ex Pats are on a roll...... - 19 posts
Elderly care? - 5 posts
Pool Fence questions? - 0 posts
Stair lifts - 0 posts
Hello Almerimar, Almeria - 1 posts
Spanish Judge Violates Global Rule, Makes Bank President & Former IMF Chief Pay for Financial Crimes - 1 posts
How does that work then? - 4 posts
Viva Estates - 6 posts
Is 'now' the time to buy in Spain… is the wait finally over? - 88 posts
nissian micra for sale - 2 posts
Property Management Recommendations - Santiago De La Ribera/Lo Pagan Area - 4 posts
Going to Court - 4 posts
Introducing myself, Cristian de la Torre - 0 posts
Mountain Bikes for sale - 0 posts
Domyos VE680 cross trainer - 0 posts
English Speaking Lawyer in Fuengirola - 3 posts
Obtaining NIE in the UK from Spanish Consulate - 2 posts
Liability for past tenents water bill - 11 posts
Just landed - 0 posts
Sun,sea, sangria and STRESS....that's Spain..... - 18 posts
White Van Man - 0 posts
Auto airport Parking - 6 posts
Fixed-rate mortgages gaining in popularity - Is it the way forward? - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x