Snow ??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Feb 2015 6:10 PM by SPANISH DRAGON Star rating in POWYS,WALES,UK. 36 posts Send private message

SPANISH DRAGON´s avatar

I am driving from Santander to Malaga on Sunday 15th February and I have heard that due to snow there have been road closeures in Northern Spain.

Does anyone know the latest situation,suggest a route or a website for info?

We had a terrible journey travelling up last weekend over the mountains narrowly missing the snow that trapped 200 motorists that had rescue.

I have a good sat-nav, a map and a co-driver (Mrs Google?).

Thank You 

Like 0      
09 Feb 2015 9:51 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

ElTiempo.es gives a good forecast as plus 7 next week in that area, bit of a change from mjnus 3 at the moment. It also gives a map which, if you hover over the area with your mouse, will give weather warnings for that area.

Like 1      
09 Feb 2015 10:26 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

According to El Tiempo.com there is a lot of rain and high winds forcast for nearly all of Spain on the 15th, its looking worse in the north and getting better as you drive further south.

I've driven the route a number of times and use the N623 to Burgos (B road) then pick up the A1 south to Madrid - If you are up for it drive straight into the middle of Madrid and take the inner ring road (M30 clockwise) shouldn't be too bad on a Sunday, take the A4 south (its sign posted) Its a long hike then down to the Cordoba area, about 4 hours of mainly flat straight roads ( beware speed camaras) When you get down to the Cordoba area you can either drop down to Malaga by leaving the A1 at Balien and using the N323 or carry on a little further and use the A45

Like 1      
09 Feb 2015 1:48 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Not sure the N623 would be a very good idea at this time of the year. A couple of the towns on that road were on Spanish news the other night and people were digging cars out of snow. We recognised one village where the supermarkets had run out of stock as deliveries couldn't get through. Maybe best to stick on the A67 which took priority on clearing. At least for a week or so.

Like 1      
09 Feb 2015 1:59 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

You are probably right Bob, see how the weather is nearer the time. It's getting warmer and wetter apparently

Like 1      
09 Feb 2015 3:55 PM by SPANISH DRAGON Star rating in POWYS,WALES,UK. 36 posts Send private message

SPANISH DRAGON´s avatar

Many thanks for the replies I will be avoiding the N623 going back though as this is the road we nearly got stuck on !

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Door lock - 0 posts
Polaris World - Maintenance etc - 22 posts
Highway Robbers - 22 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL - 5 posts
LOST THE RECENT DUCK CONFIT RECIPE! - 3 posts
Long Term Car Hire - Malaga - 0 posts
Second-hand goods bought in Spain subject to two-year guarantee - 9 posts
Brussels raises 2015 growth forecast for Spain - 2 posts
Amazon Fire TV - 10 posts
English speaking vet Murcia - 9 posts
TV and Satelite Info around Spain - 0 posts
hi i'm Sue! - 12 posts
Consumer units and general installation questions - 1 posts
Spanish terrestrial TV - 4 posts
Buying a Car - 11 posts
medical certs for driving - 2 posts
Electrician in torrevieja . - 0 posts
When Tax Free Permanent Health Insurance is your only income - 0 posts
deborah - 1 posts
Good gestoria in Fuengirola - 4 posts
Assistance with locating a property to purchase in Andalucia - 1 posts
Reply problem - 1 posts
Reply problem - 9 posts
Inheritance tax in Andalucia - 4 posts
Civil Service pensions - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x