Ramsey's Costa del Nightmares

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Sep 2014 6:36 PM by davmunster Star rating in Carvajal\Belfast. 843 posts Send private message

davmunster´s avatar

Ramsey's Costa del Nightmares tomorrow 9PM in UK 10PM here on Channet 4 features what was the Mayfair restaurant in Fuengirola we watched it being filmed earlier in the year - should be interesting

David

Like 0      
24 Sep 2014 7:16 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Always good for a bit of entertainment smiley. Last nights was no different and we did chuckle, although in reality it was diabolical. Wonder how it it doing now as the "chicken shap" smiley

Mark

Like 0      
24 Sep 2014 11:54 PM by davmunster Star rating in Carvajal\Belfast. 843 posts Send private message

davmunster´s avatar

All I can tell you Mark is it is still there!!

David

Like 0      
25 Sep 2014 11:07 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

25 Sep 2014 1:47 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

I watched a good bit of this show, were the people sitting in the bar / restaurant brought in by the bus load and paid 20€ each to pretend to order and complain just to make the show?,  or were they genuine customers?, after all from what I saw of the place it looked a dump,  and thats putting it mildly, find it hard to believe that people went in to eat and drink, me I wouldn't even drink a bottled water in the place.

I know you should never look at the kitchens in these places but the seating area looked the pits without going as far as the kitchens.

Seems it had been going for some time like being the dump it was, so they must have had a good few customers over this time otherwise it surely would have shut years ago.

Like 0      
12 Oct 2014 3:36 PM by CityStall Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Quite enjoyed this so far - although it does get tiresome having to hear Ramsay's abuse.

Gaucin looks a very nice location.

Like 1      
12 Oct 2014 5:28 PM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

I was surprised that the restaurant had not been closed down long ago. I understood that Hygene laws here were quite strict. But the Mayfair seemed to have been over looked on its annual inspection?

Re Gaucin. There used to be a lovely restaurant there, guessing it has gone (as no mention of it.) 

Did not see anyone I recognised in any of the above programmes ;) (Not sure if that is a good or bad thing! ;) 

NB A friend of mine was the first ever restaurant on 'Nightmares.' Admittedly she had bought a going* bar/restaurant (or should I say *failing. She didn't do her homework thoroughly enough.) Ramsay succeeded in sensationalizing all the 'errors' he found. He tried to sue her (indirectly) for a piece written in her defence in a London newspaper. He won .. more cash than you could throw a rotten chicken at? 

But love him or loathe him. I was watching this new series! 

Like 0      
13 Oct 2014 8:27 AM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

Interesting note Susan. Did Ramsay turn your friends restaurant around and is it still going? I have often wondered how many of his 'patients' actually thrive after the initial flurry of publicity dies down.

Like 0      
15 Oct 2014 10:35 AM by CityStall Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Well, he got to turn-around the Costa Blanca "tapas-bar", but I can't see it lasting. It's got a good location on the square, but you can see the brothers reverting to heavy drinking and poor standards once the summer season is over. Still, hope I'm wrong - maybe someone here can update us on their progress?

Like 0      
25 Oct 2014 9:26 PM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

Woodbug. The publicity (bad at the time) forced her to close (that and her general lack of skills in that area of the business sector.) I think she wanted a career change, but had no idea how to manage poor managers. I don't know if she had followed his advice if it would have turned out any different. (I love her but know she should have stuck with what she was good at ;) 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is it Legal to pay For works done in the community without a proper invoice being presented? - 17 posts
BORED ! - 16 posts
The whereabouts of Wayne Stoneman last seen in Torrevieja and Javea. - 0 posts
Weather - 4 posts
Moving from the UK - 2 posts
House rental contracts - 5 posts
cheaper to both go autonomo or for me to employ my wife - 0 posts
Looink for most reliable wifi ni cordoba - 0 posts
GRANADA CHRISTMAS MARKET - 0 posts
Illegal European Enforcement orders - 9 posts
question re. healthcare and current medical issue. help needed - 8 posts
Hidralia - calling the helpline to set up payments - 6 posts
Endesa - billing cycle - 2 posts
Abogados in Huercal Overa area - 1 posts
GM LEGAL EXPERTS WON CASE - 1 posts
GM LEGAL EXPERTS WON CASE - 3 posts
GM LEGAL EXPERTS WON CASE HACIENDA BUENAVISTA (SIERRA MAR DEVELOPMENTS, MIJAS) - 0 posts
San Javier Murcia airport. - 2 posts
Warning! much more than 10% ITP (tax) on a property in the Comunidad Valencia! - 6 posts
Transferring euros back to a UK account/broker - 4 posts
Packing Boxes! BoxesMalaga . com - 1 posts
Car insurance and Motor bike insurance - 8 posts
Iberdrola Account Taken Over - 2 posts
Knights insuramce - 5 posts
Anybody bought one of these or looked at them ? - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x