Hidralia - calling the helpline to set up payments

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Sep 2014 9:03 AM by Gary001 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone,

I recently called the Hideralia helpline to try to give them my bank details to set up a direct debit. The lady took all my details but insisted I provide an NIE number - which I was never given when I bought the property. Maybe the solicitor has it. Apparently all property owners are given NIEs.

Is this correct. Has anyone managed to get details set up on a Hidralia account over the phone without an NIE?

Companies like Endesa provide the option of supplying a generic document ID number, i.e. passport number.

Many thanks,

Gary

Like 0      
19 Sep 2014 10:55 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Kinda begs the question how did you manage to buy a property without an NIE?

NIE's are NOT issued on house purchase; its a form of identification / documentation you need to apply for independently from The National Police.

Im somewhat surprised you have electricity... do you have a contract in your name with the supplier? The two major suppliers Endesa and Iberdrola will not normally issue a contract without an NIE. If the property is a new build then its possible you are on the builders supplies. Same applies for water, same applies with Telefonica / movistar for the phone installation. If you want to purchase a car over here you will need your personal NIE number too.

fb

;

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
19 Sep 2014 11:06 AM by Gary001 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Endesa provide the option of a NIE or an ID number (i.e. passport).

I am not saying I don't have one. Just that I am not aware of one. Solicitor probably has it and conveniently forgot to pass it on.

Like 0      
19 Sep 2014 11:42 AM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

Why not contact your solicitor Gary? He should be able to quickly clear this up for you. Foxbat is right, you have to apply for your NIE, but probably your solicitor did this for you if he had poa.

Like 0      
19 Sep 2014 12:03 PM by Gary001 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

My solicitor in Spain is not particularly helpful. How can I get this information from the National Police. There must be a record somewhere. Can this information be obtained from their local offices or are only a couple of stations able to assist?

Like 0      
19 Sep 2014 1:30 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi Gary

Here is a valuable website for Non-residents & Residents alike. http://costadelsol.angloinfo.com/information/moving/residency/nie-number/

Maybe the Notary who registered your Property Deeds has a copy of your NIE no. I think  your Solicitor may have  applied for this Number on your behalf if you gave him power of attorney to do so. Otherwise you had apply in person at your National Policy Station who has a Foreign Residents Section. Your Escritura for your Property should also reflect your NIE Number. 

Regards

This message was last edited by nigel188 on 19/09/2014.

Nigel

Like 0      
19 Sep 2014 2:10 PM by Gary001 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Hi Nigel,

That's very helpful information. Thank you very much!

Yes the solicitor took care of a lot of things but never fully explained or passed on key details such as this.

Kind regards,

Gary

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Endesa - billing cycle - 2 posts
Abogados in Huercal Overa area - 1 posts
GM LEGAL EXPERTS WON CASE - 1 posts
GM LEGAL EXPERTS WON CASE - 3 posts
GM LEGAL EXPERTS WON CASE HACIENDA BUENAVISTA (SIERRA MAR DEVELOPMENTS, MIJAS) - 0 posts
San Javier Murcia airport. - 2 posts
Warning! much more than 10% ITP (tax) on a property in the Comunidad Valencia! - 6 posts
Transferring euros back to a UK account/broker - 4 posts
Packing Boxes! BoxesMalaga . com - 1 posts
Car insurance and Motor bike insurance - 8 posts
Iberdrola Account Taken Over - 2 posts
Knights insuramce - 5 posts
Anybody bought one of these or looked at them ? - 8 posts
Gizza job! - 4 posts
Polytunnels - 37 posts
Victims of Rebecca Prior/Wells - 0 posts
Remove My Profile From This Site Please - 0 posts
spanish Mortgage Life Insurance Confusion Costs del Sol - 12 posts
SPECIAL OFFER ON PRICE UNTIL 01/01/2020 - 0 posts
Has anybody use these guys for breakdown cover. - 3 posts
Buying or putting a property into a UK ltd company - 5 posts
Denia - What can you tell me? - 1 posts
Best Software Photo Slideshow - 1 posts
FERAL CATS in Mazarron Area...a problem - 0 posts
Landlord wants to sell - 24 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x