banco sabadel.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Sep 2014 10:20 AM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

Hugh_man

I don't see why not. There certainly should be no bar to opening a new account and closing an old one. Insist!

Like 0      
27 Sep 2014 10:27 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Thanks, hope you are right but it has been suggested to me that it is "new customers only" syndrome. But will certainly try.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2014 1:02 PM by lijaloo Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

We've banked with Sabadel for years.  Have had no problems at all.  Originally we opened an account at a branch close to where we owned a mobile home and wanted a cheque book facility and the account was only in my name.  About 10 years ago we bought a house in a completely different area and never bothered to change the account in to joint names or even move branches.  A couple of years back we changed the account to a joint one and then a few weeks ago we moved branch. We were told about the expansion account as it would mean free banking but as we only use the account to pay for utility bills it wouldn't really benefit us.  We were also offered debit cards at 25 euros each but again declined. 

Like 0      
29 Sep 2014 11:09 AM by janejohn Star rating. 183 posts Send private message

We originally banked with Halifax, taken over by Lloyds, taken over by Sabadell.  Having winced at the new fees they introduced, we went into our local branch and have now changed over to their Expansion account.  We had no problems at all and our local branch were very helpful.

Like 1      
29 Sep 2014 12:14 PM by davmunster Star rating in Carvajal\Belfast. 843 posts Send private message

davmunster´s avatar

We also came to Sabadell via Lloyds. They closed our branch and moved the account to an inconvenient one so we went to one we were happy with. They moved the account to that branch then changed it to an Expansion account. It took a few visits but wasn't a problem and all our direct debits have just  followed us around

David

Like 1      
29 Sep 2014 7:24 PM by joe1949 Star rating in Manchester. 61 posts Send private message

Last year I sold my place in Spain but had to keep open a spanish bank account in order to receive the tax retention at some future date. 

Meanwhile Lloyds International had sold out to Sabadell.  I cannot now access my account online because they failed to send me the security grid despite me requesting it several times. When I call them they won't even tell me my balance and say I must come to the Branch in Los Alcazares.(needless to say I am in the UK) I have sent copy passport i/d three times to them but they still won't help me. The odd time they send me a written statement they are taking fees out despite no direct debits or withdrawals out of the account.  What a frustrating set of incompetents this bank is.

Also I was informed that I was to get my retention back after paying a small fine for one years unpaid la renta. I paid my solicitor in spain to sort out the fine and recover the retention. Needless to say Manana is the order of the day and he says I must wait,keep my dwindling account open..

Screwed from every direction -this merely re-inforces my decision to sell my property in Spain as there corrupt, lapsadazical attitude was driving me mad. Disengaging any ties with Spanish property ownership is like handing your wallet to a total stranger.

This message was last edited by joe1949 on 29/09/2014.

Like 1      
29 Sep 2014 8:42 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

It is amazing that so much diversity seems to exist between branches of the same bank depending on the location of the branch. Up here in Marina Alta (Denia/Javea area) it seems to be OK, but down in the south and places beyond nothing but problems appear! Maybe the attitude of both clients and staff needs to be looked at, and a proper investigation via the Banking Ombudsman would be in order.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Helping with cost of living idea - 2 posts
needed second hand 1.9 metre satellite dish - 0 posts
tom8922 - 0 posts
Internal rules of a community - 4 posts
Court Fees - 21 posts
Axiom Victim Help - 0 posts
La Renta tax rate? - 7 posts
Wanted - ladies and mens golf clubs - 0 posts
Buying in Spain - 5 posts
UK Car or Spanish Car?? Would love some advice please. - 15 posts
condado de alhama - 3 posts
Sun blinds - 4 posts
Over 2 millions visits to El Blog de Maria - 0 posts
Is their a Royal Thai Embassy in Malaga? - 6 posts
Bowling - 2 posts
Marbella IBI and Basura 2014 - 0 posts
President by ballot - 13 posts
Goods in Transit Insurance - 2 posts
WiFi internet Guardamar Community Costa Blanca - 0 posts
CABLE TV BENALMADENA - 0 posts
service??? - 2 posts
How to ship a large parcel from Spain to u.k - 12 posts
My UK car - 2 posts
Not new, but..... - 6 posts
Legal tip 1192. Clients deciding on Actions against Banks - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x