Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Aug 2014 10:04 AM by fazor1000 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Like 1      
15 Aug 2014 10:44 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I get this a lot of the time, not with electrical goods but other items, to be fair to the store it has to have a cut of date for any expiry of warranty, as in your case 15 days, granted to keep good customer relations perhaps they could have excepted the over time limit of 2 days but you see time has proven that some customers had a problem, lets say from purchase date and didn't bother to return the item and then suddenly thought "Oops better take it back" the store has no way of knowing if this problem is weeks old or days old.

I think you will find its standard shop practise and they didn't single you out, as I said when does a warranty run out, it has to have a time frame, and you're not the only one to buy something to find it breaks a day or so after the time limit is up. Some like to say these things are rigged this way which it certainly looks like sometimes.

If you bought this item with a credit card you just might have had a better chance of getting something done about it, but even the credit card companies do tend to like to stick to the shops rules when they can otherwise they to would be inundated with claims such as yours. 

Like 0      
15 Aug 2014 11:37 AM by gill556 Star rating in orihuela. 69 posts Send private message

2 weeks ago my neighbour drove me to Carrefour, a 30 km round trip to purchase a new car battery. When i got home the car still wouldn't start so phoned for a mechanic who came and tested the new battery and said it was dead. I paid him 20 euro call out charge and again got my neighbour to drive me back to Carrefour. After ages in the queue a young man arrived and said he couldn't do anything about it as it would give him a problem. I started off very calmly and explained that as I was the customer and I was the one with the problem and already I had paid out 20 euros and had to return to the store I suggested that he gave me a new one. He kept telling me he would have a problem if he exchanged it even though i had only bought it 2 hours previously. I explained that I lived in an area with no buses and i needed my car and hadn't got the money for another battery. At this point i lost my temper and demanded he get the manager which then turned in to another argument when he refused. I ended up screaming at him which resulted in him threatening to walk away. I had to threaten a sit in when he decided perhaps he would change it and promptly tested it and agreed it was flat. We went to the shelf and he tested a new one and gave it to me. At this point i asked him why they weren't tested at the point of sale and got the usual shrug. I then pointed out that the new one had red plastic covers over the terminals whereas the one bought earlier had not. I wrote this on another message board and numerous people have had the same experience with all sorts of items which were returned as not working and put back on the shelf.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How to ship a large parcel from Spain to u.k - 12 posts
My UK car - 2 posts
Not new, but..... - 6 posts
Legal tip 1192. Clients deciding on Actions against Banks - 19 posts
buying seconhand car - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - 52 posts
Car Sale or Swap - 0 posts
YourViva and other 'News' Items on SPI. - 2 posts
Airport Transfer Friday 15th - 5 posts
Broadband speeds on new connection for an extended stay - 0 posts
Advice or ideas Please - 7 posts
Anual travel insurance. - 6 posts
smoking rules around a private community pool - 2 posts
high cost of used cars in Spain - 8 posts
Help!! Completion of Modelo 210 online - 6 posts
Solar Power - 11 posts
Best PAYG Sim only or Phone deal August 2014 - 5 posts
Road Tax - 10 posts
Is this a good mortgage rate? - 2 posts
newby needs help! - 4 posts
Spains retro asset grab on Pensioners - 4 posts
capital gains tax when selling property - 4 posts
DRIVING UK-SPAIN / SPAIN-UK please read below - 0 posts
TORREVIEJA VERSUS VILLAMARTIN. - 1 posts
recommendations for hotels near murcia court - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x