Another one bites the dust

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 May 2014 1:36 PM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

The developent Marina d’Or, has been forced to seek protection from its creditors with debts of 681 million Euros, 546 million Euros of which are owed to banks, 

The hotel business of Marina d’Or, with five hotels in the complex, is owned by the same family that own Marina d’Or development. None of the hotels assets will be included the bankruptcy proceedings as the family spun this arm of the business off four years ago.

Apartments that had previously sold for 200k are now worth less that 80k and it is thought the off-plan speculators will lose out heavily as they could not sell their investments on.

Like 1      
14 May 2014 9:13 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

I still have the photographs. When this project was at its early stages and I was running my UK based Homes Abroad business. The developers offered me and my two very attractive showroom staff an all expenses paid 3-day visit.

We had a lovely three bed apartment with all mod-cons including jacuzzi. What a wonderful time was had. They were heady days when Spain, to everyone, was a property Klondike but with a far nicer climate than Alaska.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Broadband stick - 6 posts
Anti EU political party in Spain. - 26 posts
Kitchen Units Wickes - 0 posts
New Video how to use your EHIC Card Abroad - 2 posts
Sad Sad Situation - 5 posts
Worst of CostaLuz Lawyers problems - 16 posts
Water Rights - 7 posts
Hi I am Matt! - 0 posts
Moving to Spain from the Philippines - 3 posts
Registering a car in the new owners name - 6 posts
Mosquito window frames - 3 posts
new fishing shop - 0 posts
Refused emergency medical treatment - 13 posts
Possible forecourt scam - overcharging for fuel - 3 posts
Ryanair Complaint Letter - 3 posts
Who looks after your holiday let's? ??? - 0 posts
Anyone on here from Daya Vieja? - 5 posts
NIE numbers - 29 posts
Pet Insurance - Advice needed - 5 posts
Housing Market - latest report - 0 posts
MY FAVOURITE SPANIARD - 0 posts
Terrace Tile Grout - 9 posts
mijas town hall - 2 posts
Recommended bank accounts in Spain - 3 posts
What is the process for registering with the Social Security office in Spain? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x