Helens Kitchen Roldan

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 May 2014 5:49 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Just been to a new bar/tea room that has openned ,on the industrial estate in Roldan, Murcia and enjoyed one of their afternoon teas which I can highly recomend

€5 for scones with  cream jam, sandwiches, biscuits and cakes, all homemade, really good, makes a change wiith you live over here to get an English tea

They also have the normal Sky sports and Sunday Lunch, worth trying if you are in that area

Like 1      
14 May 2014 6:00 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Would love one where I live. That's an opening for expats wanting to do something different!

Like 0      
14 May 2014 6:34 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Thats good news where abouts on the industrial estate is it Roy ?

Like 0      
14 May 2014 7:04 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

If you know the estate it is right on the front by the childrens inside play centre,parallel with the main road so easy to fimd

I know I shouldn't say this as brits in Spain but they have fish & chip Fridays but hopefully I can get away wuth that because I live here, afternoon tea is available from 3pm

I ended knowing the guy that runs the place, he was the golf professional previously at Leven golf at the range in San Javier

They are out of the way a bit and I have seen businesses there come and go on that estate so I hope that it works out for them

Like 0      
14 May 2014 7:20 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

I know where you mean Roy, its sounds  like its on the same stretch as the old Mojo bar & DIY shop. It can be like little Britain around there, but i must say i have had some good times in the bars in Roldan.

Like 0      
14 May 2014 7:43 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

yes same stretch and I think that is may have been Mojo bar before

Like 0      
14 May 2014 7:49 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Why would 2 people put thumbs down on this thread  ? some very weird  people around.

This message was last edited by newworld on 14/05/2014.

Like 0      
14 May 2014 7:56 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I have lived in Spain now for almost 9 years, I eat local and Spanish more often than anything else, its better value, and certainly could not be described as a brit abroad, but there are certain things that you miss and one is really good home made pastries

English tea is certainly a tradition that I miss so good luck to this approach, I know of one other similar place near Villamartin that is doing well, this place however certainly isn't a Betty's but good value at €5

Thumbs down no idea why, perhaps it is a reaction to something typically English in Spain, if you're around try the place and if it is not good tell the forum, thats why it works

Like 3      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Another one bites the dust - 1 posts
Broadband stick - 6 posts
Anti EU political party in Spain. - 26 posts
Kitchen Units Wickes - 0 posts
New Video how to use your EHIC Card Abroad - 2 posts
Sad Sad Situation - 5 posts
Worst of CostaLuz Lawyers problems - 16 posts
Water Rights - 7 posts
Hi I am Matt! - 0 posts
Moving to Spain from the Philippines - 3 posts
Registering a car in the new owners name - 6 posts
Mosquito window frames - 3 posts
new fishing shop - 0 posts
Refused emergency medical treatment - 13 posts
Possible forecourt scam - overcharging for fuel - 3 posts
Ryanair Complaint Letter - 3 posts
Who looks after your holiday let's? ??? - 0 posts
Anyone on here from Daya Vieja? - 5 posts
NIE numbers - 29 posts
Pet Insurance - Advice needed - 5 posts
Housing Market - latest report - 0 posts
MY FAVOURITE SPANIARD - 0 posts
Terrace Tile Grout - 9 posts
mijas town hall - 2 posts
Recommended bank accounts in Spain - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x