email's

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Feb 2014 8:49 AM by wencra Star rating in mollina - malaga. 66 posts Send private message

wencra´s avatar

hi all,

well we arrived but will go through that on another thread this is just a quick question concerning email seetings. we are with movistar and can receive emails but can not send can someone confirm the pop and smtp settings for them we are in the malaga district

thanks

Like 0      
27 Feb 2014 9:51 AM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

The settings depend on the provider of your email: hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc.  

For example the settings for outlook hotmail:

• Outlook.com POP server address: pop3.live.com
  • Outlook.com POP user name: Your full Outlook.com email address (not an alias)
  • Outlook.com POP password: Your Outlook.com password
  • Outlook.com POP port995
  • Outlook.com POP TLS/SSL encryption required: yes

A google search will normally give you the proper settings but if you tell us who your provider is, I will be happy to look them up for you.  I am assuming your operating system is Windows, but if it is not, please let us know.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2014 10:54 AM by wencra Star rating in mollina - malaga. 66 posts Send private message

wencra´s avatar

hi lobin

1 of my emails is am old freeserve account and my incoming pop3 is pop.wanadoo.co.uk  and smtp is smtp.freeserve.com

1 is an old yahoo account and my pop3 is pop.wanadoo.co.uk and my smtp is smtp.ntlworld.com

and my pprovider is movistar for internet

thanks

Like 0      
27 Feb 2014 11:53 AM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

The settings for outgoing mail for Freeserve is

smtp.freeserve.co.uk

this link will help you:  http://www.uksecurewebhosting.co.uk/smtp-email-details.php

The settings for outgoing mail for Yahoo are:

smtp.mail.yahoo.com

These settings are valid for most internet service providers (ISP) and they are valid for Movistar.

Some email providers allow you to decide whether you want POP or IMAP.  The difference is that IMAP will allow your inbox, sent and other folders to be synchronized with your computer email and your smart phone email clients while POP will not allow this synchronization which means for example that if you delete a message in a smartphone or tablet, it is not deleted from the server.  

I hope this is helpful.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2014 9:53 PM by wencra Star rating in mollina - malaga. 66 posts Send private message

wencra´s avatar

Hi lobin

thanks for your reply I changed the smtp to smtp.freeserve.co.uk and the pop3 is pop.ntlworld.com also changed the yahoo to smtp.mail.yahoo.com with pop3 being pop.wanadoo.co.uk

can receive but still can't send on either I can send on my hotmail account grrrrr frustrating

Like 0      
28 Feb 2014 9:08 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Don't know if this is going to help you because I had to do this in the UK and your in Spain, it might.

I have a Windows laptop and a Macbook laptop in my house, with the Mac I could send e-mails but NOT receive them, with the Windows send and receive okay, the house is BT, my business's are TalkTalk. Both laptops are rigged up for both servers.

After a lot of messing and getting absolutely no where with anyone in the know about computers I contacted BT and it turns out that due to security issue's all e-mails now have to go through the named server and sender, which at my house is in Mrs B name with her settings, They get sent under her name with me as a named person on them. 

We know why this is,  in the event of terrorism they can be traced back to the original sender....…So they told me.

BT then gave me the server settings and other bits and pieces to put in the Mac, these were totally different to what I had read about, 100% different to what all the instructions said to do, yet it worked, now when I e-mail at the house before it gets sent a drop down box appears telling me it cant be sent on this provider (TalkTalk) but to use the BT provider Mrs B's name and settings, I click on the e-mail name and settings for Mrs B and whoosh of it goes, If I send hundreds out I only have to do this the once for that day until I switch of the Mac.

Why it still works on the Windows is totally beyond me, and it seemed also BT when I asked them about this,  BT cant even tell you why when your phone line goes down your broadband still works, be it on the same cable so to speak.

Sorry if this sounds like rubbish...It still does to me, but perhaps your problem is no more then a few different settings. I have been told that the Hotmail system is fully unregulated, and anyone can get into it, maybe thats the reason why you can send and receive through it.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Malaga Car - 0 posts
UK CAR IN SPAIN --- HOW LONG - 3 posts
PASSPORT CHANGE - 13 posts
Community Accounts - 5 posts
Community Swimming Pool - 0 posts
personal tax allowances in spain - 2 posts
Missing, possibly stolen: Our beautiful Spaniel cross, tan colour, three years old. - 8 posts
Residency in Spain - 17 posts
EXCHANGE RATE FOR YEARLY TAXES. - 7 posts
12 Months on and still no date for appeal - 7 posts
Spare furniture - 0 posts
PROPERTY TAX BILL APPEAL ANY USE!? - 56 posts
Car in Spain - 7 posts
Mazarron Golf Course Property, 2 & 3 Bedroom villas - 13 posts
El Pinet deposits - 0 posts
Sleep Well, Folks ;) - 1 posts
Just curious - 17 posts
UK TV Mar Menor area - 2 posts
Casares Del Sol - 1 posts
New ID card information, please! - 4 posts
toll road - 4 posts
Car Rental Malaga - 5 posts
Visiting Nerja, Alumencar, Salobrena - 4 posts
Iberdrola - In English - 0 posts
Is a UK Visa Needed - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x