Car in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Feb 2014 7:49 PM by mackemman Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Moving to spain later this year and need a car in spain, do i buy one there or bring my own from uk (r.h.d ) and register it in spain, or do i buy a l.h.d car here in uk and regiter it in spain ? how easy is it to regiter a uk car? All advice welcome

Like 0      
21 Feb 2014 8:25 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Sell your car in the uk, buy a spanish car in Spain, less hassle than making a uk car spanish and it cost alot, here is a idea what you will pay in Spain the cars cost more, but can hold value well http://www.kalydautos.com/

Like 0      
21 Feb 2014 8:33 PM by mackemman Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks, but need a car to get gear over to spain so do i buy in spain and drive back to uk to pick gear up? just dunno what to do for best!

Like 0      
21 Feb 2014 8:54 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

I know you can buy spanish cars here (UK ) but to many grey areas buying a spanish car here,, paper work missing, debts on car, selling for granma the list goes on ,what goods are you send over is it a full house load, you will find plenty of man&van people who will take your goods over if you dont fancy the drive.http://www.shiply.com/

Like 0      
21 Feb 2014 9:59 PM by Firstclass Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Check out the lhd almera for sale here
Www.usedcarstamworth.com
Ideal size price etc

Like 0      
22 Feb 2014 7:29 PM by AdrianH Star rating in UK (mostly) / Los Mo.... 23 posts Send private message

Check out the website for the LHD place in Basingstoke. They sell a reasonable selection at sensible prices and deal with the legalities. It will certainly give you a price comparison to Spanish dealerships where secondhand cars seem expensive compared to the UK.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2014 2:46 PM by gizmopussycat Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

To register a UK car in Spain???? It's probably easier to get an invitation to afternoon tea with the prime minister.

A gestor will do it for you for about 1400E. Our daughter, who is fluent in Spanish having gone to school there decided to do it for us. She also thought that once she had done ours, she might start up a little business for ex pats to do it a bit cheaper than through the gestor.

However, although it cost us only 350 Euros through our daughter.....in her words, she was "ready to wrap the Spanish plates around someone's head" by the time it was done and she would NEVER EVER do it again, not for 3000 Euros!!!!

First of all, we had to meet up with some dodgy character who was a "vehicle examiner" (arranged by the tax place in Malaga) in Ikea Car Park (Yes....Ikea car park.....and the official tax office put us in touch with this bandit). We met him, he examined the car, did a lot of tut tutting & said this that & the other were not in order but if we paid him 300Euros in cash, he could sort out the paperwork & then we could apply for our Spanish plates. ERrrrrr.....Did he think we came in on the last banana boat???? We told him "No" & asked our Spanish neighbours what to do. They "knew someone" who was a vehicle examiner. We met with him over a beer & he did the job for 50 Euros and gave us the Certificate to say our car WAS in order.

I would say about 10 journeys to & from Malaga from our home 40 miles away....each time, you need this extra paper, that extra paper (why they can't tell you what you need at the beginning????). We were told that, having proved that we had the car for more than six months & some other stipulation which I can't recall, we would not have to pay "import tax" on it. Great....Can I have my Spanish plates now? No....we had to return to our local Hacienda to get them to rubber stamp a form to say we DID NOT have to pay import tax (despite having all the proof with us at Malaga), then bring the form back to Malaga so they could check it .......this just went on and on and on.

When we brought the car back to UK and went to change it back to UK plates, we went to the local DVLA office, expecting a work up and a bill. We filled in a form, put our UK plates back on ....and guess what they charged???? NOTHING....it's free in UK

Like 0      
01 Jul 2014 3:37 PM by JoseAntonio Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi guys,

I'm selling my 2011 Passat and I'm based at Norwich now (si it's here). If interested please send me a private message

regards,

Jose

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mazarron Golf Course Property, 2 & 3 Bedroom villas - 13 posts
El Pinet deposits - 0 posts
Sleep Well, Folks ;) - 1 posts
Just curious - 17 posts
UK TV Mar Menor area - 2 posts
Casares Del Sol - 1 posts
New ID card information, please! - 4 posts
toll road - 4 posts
Car Rental Malaga - 5 posts
Visiting Nerja, Alumencar, Salobrena - 4 posts
Iberdrola - In English - 0 posts
Is a UK Visa Needed - 4 posts
Inaccuracy in Nota Simple - 2 posts
I pad 2 query - 8 posts
BUYING A SPANISH USED CAR WITH NO DOCUMENTS - 3 posts
non resident tax murcia - advice please - 13 posts
Car insurance - 2 posts
Channel 5HD - 3 posts
Long term car hire - 3 posts
Advice on a Dacion en pago - 3 posts
Yet another 720 query - 6 posts
Becoming a non-resident in Spain - 7 posts
Dation Advice - 0 posts
jardin tropical,developer Larios 2000 - 0 posts
Monthly and Annual Costs of keeping 2 bed apartment on Puerto Marina Los Alcazares - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x