Flights big blokes

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jan 2014 11:36 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Had to go back to the UK this week and flying on my own I pre booked seats choosing an aisle seat.

I am not a big man but on both legs a couple (different couple each way) had the 2 seats next to me. In both instances the man was a big bloke (fat!) 6ft plus and 20 stone plus and the women were average size yet both men sat in the middle seat spreading out - it was tight for me and their wives. Surley common sense would have been for the fat bloke to sit at the window I know it is not much more room but they would have been more comfortable as both men struggled and were clearly uncomfortable. I did mention it very politley but all they said was she likes to sit by the window - very galant (or henpeckedwink)  of the men but...........

Like 0      
10 Jan 2014 12:10 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

when ryanair fit the larger seats and charge more for the use of them it should solve the problem of these larger people takeing up more space. Another idea would be to have the 18stone and over in a special hold with the lugage. just joking

Like 0      
10 Jan 2014 12:46 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I am against any airlines charging extra because of a persons weight for many reasons but I do expect big people to show some consideration to others when flying,

For big people to sit in the middle seat when they have a choice is beyond comprehension, common courtesy and common sense. In my opinion just rude or stupid or a combination of both.

Thankful these 2 flights were not long haul. Normally I would have bought some food and drink but due to the situation I decided it would be even more uncomfortable to eat or drink

Like 0      
11 Jan 2014 6:40 PM by Bookerhall Star rating in Mojon Hills. 27 posts Send private message

I would like to agree with you, though I know that Karma would come and bite me on the ass next time I fly..

Like 0      
11 Jan 2014 8:23 PM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

In future another option would be that when pre-booking your "single" seat choose the middle seat. This way you won't get a similar situation of the "galant" husband sitting in the middle and spilling over to your seat. However it is also antisocial to book the middle seat as a single traveller.

Maybe if the airlines all said that if your waist is over a certain size then you need to buy 2 seats or something like that. Weight on its own is not the way to go as a 5ft person weighing 17.5 stones will overlap the seat a lot more than a 6ft 6in  person weighing 20 stone

The answer is .... there is no real solution to the oversized passenger overlapping onto the next seat.

Like 0      
11 Jan 2014 8:59 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

My Stu is 21 stone and dead cudlly he manages to squeeze into an airline seat no problem in fact he can squeeze into many things without a problem just because he is on the large size whats the problem

I hope you get a chance to sit by him on your next visit to Spain he makes a lovely pillow ooooh

Love Hugh

Like 0      
11 Jan 2014 11:09 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

I'm a bit chubby - but not gross- and I always respect my neighbour's space.

BUT it really pi**es me off when I get to fasten my seatbelt and have to slaken it. Why do I always seat in a seat just vacated by a stick insect????

I get my own back, because after landing, I tighten the seat belt so the next poor soul can feel a slob too!

Must get out more............

Like 2      
12 Jan 2014 11:20 AM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

Thats right Randoplph us Fatties should stick together if we were all skinny minnies the airline would make seats even smaller so all the thin people must thank us Fat B-------s I say

Lol

Hugh and Fat Stu

Like 0      
12 Jan 2014 4:07 PM by Rossetti Star rating in Oxford and Zurich. 124 posts Send private message

All you fatties should not worry.

My new project, after taking a year out travelling in Spain and Portugal, is working on 'fat reducing' drugs. We see it as a great  (and expanding) market to make money for the Company and as such for our selves (as we will own a share of the patents).

Rossetti

Like 0      
12 Jan 2014 8:55 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

All you fatties should not worry.

My new project, after taking a year out travelling in Spain and Portugal, is working on 'fat reducing' drugs. We see it as a great  (and expanding) market to make money for the Company and as such for our selves (as we will own a share of the patents).

Rossetti

You will make a fortune on these tablets as fat people will do anything easy to not be fat, provided it doesn't include not eating so much, and doing a little excersize now and again.

Like 1      
13 Jan 2014 8:02 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

When did you last go to a gym Baz

Ha Ha

Like 0      
13 Jan 2014 9:36 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

When did you last go to a gym Baz

Ha Ha

Sunday night old chap....They got a smashing bar in my one.

Work a right sweat up watching the backsides of all those loverly trim slim gals wiggle.

But as I aint fat I dont need the workout to lose what I aint got.

And I probably wont live any longer then the fatties either.. will I.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cumbre del Sol - 3 posts
Gestor in Pamplona - 0 posts
The Wisdom of Carrying a Camera - 19 posts
Non EU spouse of a British national entering Gibraltar. - 12 posts
Road side fines from the Guardia - 47 posts
Getting a UK car MOT'd in Spain - 39 posts
Indoor swimming pool Fuengirola - 2 posts
Place in the Sun - 4 posts
mortgages - 5 posts
Cameron awards MBE to his barber - 5 posts
form 210 - 1 posts
Amazon.es - 2 posts
condado golf society - 0 posts
Credit where its due - 4 posts
Passinthru - 2 posts
Thinking of moving to Spain - 9 posts
What do you thing traveling can provide us happyness ? - 2 posts
installation of air conditioning units in Murcia what should I expect to pay - 1 posts
Villa PAC's - 4 posts
Feliz Navidad - 0 posts
electronic submission of form 210 - 5 posts
Spanish private lessons or conversation - 0 posts
A place in the sun tv - 7 posts
Private Buyer looking to buy Spanish Property asap - 0 posts
Returning Sales goods - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x