Villa PAC's

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jan 2014 6:59 PM by Bendybird Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi everybody
Can anybody point me in the right direction. I'm due to view two properties later this week, both the same but one is furnished and one is not. There is quite a large price difference between the two of 40,000€. I am completely new to this, but I've heard you can buy house/villa pacs. Can anybody recommend a company and are they a UK or Spanish company. If anybody has any good or bad experiences can you let me know. Thanks a Million :-)

Like 0      
05 Jan 2014 7:44 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

I'm sure you''d get some recommendations if you were to put whereabouts you are buying.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2014 7:46 AM by Bendybird Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Sorry, that would help wouldn't it. It's in Alcaidesa, not far from Sotogrande.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2014 9:04 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

It would, of course, very much depend on the quality of furniture you want.  For example, we had a pack for our first flat which consisted of bed settee, 1 double and 2 single beds, coffee table, display cabinet and tv stand, bedding, all the cutlery and crockery you could want for six people, an electric oven and hob , curtains, lights and so on.  All for €650. Obviously, not the best stuff in the world for that price but you get what you pay for.  The company we use, Arca, did packs from that price up to about €4,000 and you had a choice of types of wood etc.  For our house, we didn't use a pack but bought items separately.  

When we first lived near Malaga, our neighbours used this company for furniture packs and were very pleased with them.  I seem to remember the pack they chose was about €8,000 and the company did everything, hung curtains, put beds together and unpacked everything.  However, that was about 6 years so can't vouch for the prices.

It would probably be a good idea to get a basic pack so everything is there if you are using it as a holiday home. But if you want to change it all later, it would't be a good idea to get a more expensive one unless you have a free choice on what you actually want.

The price of €40,000 extra if it is furnished is obviously OTT unless it includes mahoosive TV, fully fitted aircon, heating, decent white goods and so on.  Also, new and unfurnished houses may not have any light fittings (just bare wires sticking out all over the place) and landscaped gardens whereas the furnished one might.  Our costs for the aircon and heating came to €3,000, the tiling and landscaping of front garden and steps etc about the same.  The white goods with decent fridge/freezer, oven, ceramic hob, dishwasher, washing machine and things like a toaster and kettle came to around €2,000. A lot for you to think about.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2014 6:56 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Why don't you buy the furniture in the U.K and have it sent over it would work out a lot cheaper that way quite a few people have done this and saved a fortune .

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Feliz Navidad - 0 posts
electronic submission of form 210 - 5 posts
Spanish private lessons or conversation - 0 posts
A place in the sun tv - 7 posts
Private Buyer looking to buy Spanish Property asap - 0 posts
Returning Sales goods - 0 posts
Outpatient drugs to be funded by patients from January onwards - 0 posts
Happy New Year. - 1 posts
costaluz lawyers - 7 posts
Putting Spanish plates on UK Reg vehicle - 12 posts
UK looks after the rest of the world - 23 posts
Same Sex Paedophilia Legal in Spain? - 6 posts
Money with menaces or just a joke? - 4 posts
Britain 'will be Europe's top economy by 2030' - 7 posts
San Javier Cycling Club , help please - 1 posts
Firefox V26.0... Bah, Humbug... Total rethink necessary... - 0 posts
Paying 600 euros cash to traffic police - 19 posts
ITV on a British car - 2 posts
For sale LHD Blue Seat Ibiza 1.4 Diesel 06 - 19 posts
Good year or good riddance? - 2 posts
For Sale of Seat Ibiza 06 1.4 Diesel - 3 posts
Where to eat in Spain - 1 posts
SPANISH POLICE BRUTALITY - 50 posts
Funny video thread! - 1 posts
Confused about the 'Big Switch Off?' - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x