Thinking of moving to Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jan 2014 1:52 PM by Natasharedo Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi guys

Me and my family are wanting to move to Spain we just don't know what area would be best for us my partner is a qualified and well experienced joiner I have level 3 in business also I have studied and completed a airline cabin crew course, we have 3 children one aged 7 and twin boys 17 months does anybody have any suggestions or ideas to go about our move I don't know where to start we just want a better life oversea thank you.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2014 2:49 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Search the many threads on EOS forum on all the different aspects of living in Spain.

Then research :

Health

Education

Taxes

Finance

on specific forums such as UK in Spain, Anglo info etc.

Then make your mind up!

Your request is simply too general to get specific answers here, although you will get many experiences and opinions-confusing, but based on the info you have already given,  I don't think many would recommend the move unless you are very wealthy!

Like 2      
06 Jan 2014 4:56 PM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

I feel the answer is simply no problem if you have a private income and can fund yourselfs certainly for the first few years. If your not in that category and need to work A.do you speak the language, B.50% % un employment of youngsters an 25 to 30% unemployed in general what do you offer that they dont? Are you a cash buyer? Looking at the age of your children you would be dare I say on the young side so what about ozz or NZ.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2014 6:44 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

A simple question (Why are you considering Spain ) ??????

Like 0      
06 Jan 2014 6:54 PM by Bookerhall Star rating in Mojon Hills. 27 posts Send private message

By all means have your dreams, though listen first to the educated advice given by frontline expats before making your decision. Whatever you decide we wish you well.

Best regards

Andrew and Geoff

Like 0      
06 Jan 2014 8:07 PM by Natasharedo Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi thanks for your comments we chose Spain for a couple of reasons mainly it's not too far from the U.K. I have an interest in Spanish and the culture I'm currently studying it at the minute I'm not sure what to do now as a lot of people are saying there is not much work out there. We was looking to rent it looks like my dreams won't be happening at this rate 😔

Like 0      
06 Jan 2014 8:09 PM by Natasharedo Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thank you Andrew and Geoff

Like 0      
07 Jan 2014 9:13 AM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

Dont give up your dreams perhaps temper them a little, if it was just yourself and your partner then maybe a risk is worth taking but with very small children that changes the game. You say renting is this because your not sure about commitment or your not able to purchase but the best and only way without a firm employment strategy is to purchase and have no mortgage or other debts then you can concentrate solely of life or have a lump sum to cover all costs and rent for at least two years.

Like 1      
07 Jan 2014 11:27 AM by Natasharedo Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

We wanted to rent to test the waters do to speak, my partner has a good trade job just in Spain there isn't many joinery/carpentry jobs with wood being expensive we wouldn't move unless we found a job first we may have to look at somewhere different maybe Gibraltar I have friends already there that live in Spain and work in gib it's just finding the work now so fingers crossed it happens I'm not giving up I'm determined to give my kids a better life. Thanks for the advice much appreciated 😃

Like 0      
07 Jan 2014 1:10 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I think your husband may struggle to get work and what he can get will be low paid and or illegal. Sorry to be harsh but that is the facts there are plenty of tradesmen in similar positions. Many husbands (and some wives) commute back and forth to UK for work which wil give you and your family health care via S1

As for your children perfect age but for the 7 yr old start Spanish lessons now and when you arrive get extra private lessons. Education in general is very good and if you qualify for healthcare it is also very good.

Some people will have negative views and whinge and moan but they would do that wherever they live!!

be patient things do not happen quickly in Spain

Good luck and do your research in as much detail as you can as when you get it right spain is a great place to live

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What do you thing traveling can provide us happyness ? - 2 posts
installation of air conditioning units in Murcia what should I expect to pay - 1 posts
Villa PAC's - 4 posts
Feliz Navidad - 0 posts
electronic submission of form 210 - 5 posts
Spanish private lessons or conversation - 0 posts
A place in the sun tv - 7 posts
Private Buyer looking to buy Spanish Property asap - 0 posts
Returning Sales goods - 0 posts
Outpatient drugs to be funded by patients from January onwards - 0 posts
Happy New Year. - 1 posts
costaluz lawyers - 7 posts
Putting Spanish plates on UK Reg vehicle - 12 posts
UK looks after the rest of the world - 23 posts
Same Sex Paedophilia Legal in Spain? - 6 posts
Money with menaces or just a joke? - 4 posts
Britain 'will be Europe's top economy by 2030' - 7 posts
San Javier Cycling Club , help please - 1 posts
Firefox V26.0... Bah, Humbug... Total rethink necessary... - 0 posts
Paying 600 euros cash to traffic police - 19 posts
ITV on a British car - 2 posts
For sale LHD Blue Seat Ibiza 1.4 Diesel 06 - 19 posts
Good year or good riddance? - 2 posts
For Sale of Seat Ibiza 06 1.4 Diesel - 3 posts
Where to eat in Spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x