Spain Sucks

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Dec 2013 4:32 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

This must be the reason that there no expats running a bussiness in Spain

Another expat wants an easy life.

The estate agents had a very hard time  did they, I think not

Like 0      
16 Dec 2013 4:42 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

There has to be two Spains in the world because of all the dealings I have had with the "Other" Spain I haven't had any problem's, but then to be fair I do use what I believe to be a good solicitor / accountant which also doesn't cost the earth.

Like 2      
17 Dec 2013 1:51 PM by christos1980 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

I have just been reading about the new licences etc for people who rent out property in France and Spain, Germany will most likely follow suit.  They say at the moment their may be a fee for this, maybe are they joking!  I will ay 2 words Data Mining, and this is now being used across Europe.  No-one will be able to hide a penny without Governments knowing.  People who moved to Spain as pensioners and maybe left over €50,000 (i think that's the figure) has to declare this and failure to do so will result in heavy fines.  This is wrong.  If someone retires to another country, pays their dues and leaves a little "nest egg" from their years of hard work,  and makes a prudent decision to leave some money in a UK account fo emergencies, just in case they need to return to the UK for whatever reason or may need their own money for another reason ie health related this is morally and legally wrong.  I will take my chances and stay in the UK I think and have holidays abroad.

http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.com/2013/04/01/spain-targets-expat-assets/

This message was last edited by christos1980 on 17/12/2013.

Like 1      
17 Dec 2013 2:22 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

Your choice Christos. Personally I have to say I moved to Spain 5 years ago and just wish I had done it sooner.We really enjoy life here.I might add that we use the Spanish health system which has been good for us, and we pay our Spanish taxes and have had no problem with residencia or NIE etc.

We are not fat cats trying to hide money away, just ordinary folk who know they are better off financially and health wise over here in Spain.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 3      
17 Dec 2013 3:24 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Christos, I think you have misunderstood. Yes if a person has assets in one of (I think) 4 groups, one of which is bank accounts of 50,000 euros, then yes they have to declare that they have it but at present anyway, they do not pay any tax just for having that 50,000.  They are taxed on income from deposits,  but that is nothing new. 

Before the asset declaration,  when one declared the income from say another country, it was abundantly clear to Hacienda that one had sufficient  assets to provide that income, in that other country. 

Like 0      
17 Dec 2013 3:44 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

I think you will be much happier in the UK Christos, so please do stay there and enjoy life in your own way.

Like 1      
03 Mar 2014 9:02 AM by jimmyjjohn Star rating in Arizona . 14 posts Send private message

** EDITED - SPAM - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 3/3/2014 9:59:00 AM.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2014 11:53 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Any country will try and live by any means it can. Only because of a climate do thousands of northern Europeans willingly pay up for that privilege. It’s a financial resource that is right to exploit. In exactly the same way as mineral deposits, or fossil fuels also provide income for the state elsewhere. Spain has few natural resources and foreigners are relatively far richer than Spanish people so they should bare a greater burden.

Some countries provide tax free havens in the belief they will benefit from inward investment. Spain is not doing anything any other state does. Try living in France.

The Spanish NHS provides free care in exchange, wonderful roads and a stable government where it’s safe to live. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

In reality most people, Spanish or not do their level best to avoid tax and that’s part of the problem. If you had an efficient tax system like Germany or France it would recover much more revenue leveling off the high end costs. That takes of course an effective civil service which Spain utterly lacks because it cannot afford to pay talented, educated people the going rate. 

Like 1      
03 Mar 2014 6:56 PM by christos1980 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

ffs why do people (roly in particular) have to be so personally rude.  This is a place to express opinions in a general way, and not to personally attacked.  May I suggest you eat a good breakfast before trying to share on a forum in a civilised manner, rather than express personal anger. But yes as I said I plan on staying in the UK so you need not lose any sleep.

Like 1      
04 Mar 2014 10:08 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Examples of my rudeness please?    Suggesting someone who is expressing serious reservations about Spain should remain in the UK  does not seem too rude to me.   More examples please?  I watch, and contribute to these forums with mild amusement.   Trust me, nothing anyone says on any forum would ever make me angry - I am afraid I am much too cynical to get uptight about it all.  Mild irritation at best.  

Like 3      
04 Mar 2014 12:40 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Christos having looked at your previous posts, I really must agree with Roly, 

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Backward Spain - 10 posts
Form 211 - 2 posts
Peter presentation - 2 posts
Help with WIFI and Phone wanted - 6 posts
Contacting Movistar - 8 posts
The TV Sharks are circling - 0 posts
‘Second homes tax’ for residents on worldwide property - 13 posts
Estate in Pilar De la Horadada - 2 posts
Ford Iveco 7500kg Truck For Sale - 1 posts
Tile Painting - 4 posts
Flamenco Dresses - 2 posts
Online Spanish Food - 6 posts
Au Pairs for CostaLuz Lawyers team - 0 posts
Starting a scooter hire business - 5 posts
Non resident cif number - 26 posts
Press fit plumbing systems - 4 posts
Rental Investment - Apartment or Villa? - 3 posts
changing windows 7 language - 6 posts
Goldcar – even more ways to get us to part with our money. - 1 posts
Latest update Astra 20-09-2013 - 1 posts
Water Fines - 2 posts
PVA bonding - repairing a badly rendered wall - 1 posts
Planning permission - 9 posts
Things to know before moving to Spain - 2 posts
UK TV channels in Spain. - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x