Contacting Movistar

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Sep 2013 1:40 PM by stonover Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Having spent the last few days wasting my time phoning Movistar on 1004  ( the phone number they tell us to contact them on )  I have not once been able to speak to anyone !!  I have looked for any other numbers to contact them but could not find any , so does anyone know of any other contact number or e-mail address.?.  Thanks.

Like 0      
25 Sep 2013 1:48 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

What about calling one of their shops, any good? all the listings seem to have phone numbers

http://www.movistar.es/particulares/atencion-cliente/buscador-de-tiendas/

Like 0      
26 Sep 2013 12:22 PM by stonover Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Thanks Team GB , I will try that.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2013 4:59 PM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

We tried that number without success then found the nearest Movistar office and although it took a long while, we got complete satisfaction

Daveil

Like 0      
26 Sep 2013 5:53 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

You were lucky - the shops are private firms acting as agents to sell Movistar products (for a commission), they are not actually Movistar - and they gain nothing from offering customer service to existing clients, so you found a rare one!

Stonover, not sure why you 've not been able to speak to anyone on 1004 - are you trying to get someone to speak English? You get a quicker response in Spanish - but having said that, you are unlikely to get any satisfaction either way. You didn't say what the nature of your call was. If your Spanish is up to it (or if you have someone who can assist) it may be worth trying their online chat facility. I've sometimes (not always) found that to be more effective when trying to get some attention. You can access it vias this link:

https://www.movistar.es/particulares/atencion-cliente/ficha-ayuda/ci.Telefonos-de-atencion.ayudaLinks

Good luck!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Sep 2013 1:00 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Contacting Movistar...

Voice calls from fixed landlines...Calls  to 1004 are initially answered in Spanish of course by means of the usual recorded message and options choices; at the first break in the message simply say 'English'... if this fails to work repeat it at the next break in the message. Sooner or later you will get an English recorded message 'If you wish to be attended to in English, please press 1' (Making this selection before the English message will not get you an English speaking customer service rep.) When you are connected to an English speaking rep your number and account details come up on their information screens. You may be asked to confirm your NIE number or Passport number as an identity check. With this out of the way simply ask your question. Subsequent calls made from your landline phone will be answered by the English voice message without having to go through the Spanish options first.

Note that if your query is about ADSL and you make the call on 1004, the rep is a little limited in the information he/she can supply, if there is a general failure of the ADSL in your area they will know about it and will advise you accordingly. If it is a technical question however you may be asked to phone 900-357000; The person answering this number probably will not speak English...

After the call to 1004 is complete you will get a call on your phone...a rapid-fire-Spanish recorded message asking you to rate the advice given on a scale of 1 through 5 (I think). You record your score via the number pad on your phone.

I recently had a query reference my Movistar mobile phone account and asked Movistar via my landline on 1004. The English speaking rep put me through to an English speaking rep who deals with mobile queries...

Email addy for movistar... try 'atenciononline2@telefonica.es'  Response time is normally within 24hrs except at weekends. Although they will accept queries in English (or German French or Dutch) they much prefer that queries are made in Spanish , since it makes for a better response time. Quick Hint if using this email addy... keep the questions short and simple, use Google translate if necessary.

Another quick suggestion for Movistar clients looking to stay in contact with the rest of Europe cheaply... Movistar have an International Tariff that gives 500 minutes of 'free' calls per month 24/7. This tariff cost an additional 7.99€ per month... I set this up on my phone about 3 months ago and have since made calls to the UK which would normally have cost me well over 250€... all for less than 24€. My OH in the UK has a similar package with Virgin costing £8.99, but each call is limited to 1 hour, if the call goes over one hour, the whole of the call is charged at the standard rate for that particular time of day. No such limitation with the Movistar package...

Hope some of this is of use...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 1      
28 Sep 2013 10:47 AM by stonover Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Roberto, Thanks for info re - Movistar shops,  this confirms what I have suspected for a long time and also for the online chat link.

foxbat , Excellent informative post , I followed your info on 1004 saying English during a break in the recorded message and lo and behold got through to a real live English speaking operative - you have saved me from tearing out what bit of hair I have. !!! .  I have also taken all the other info on board.

Like 0      
28 Sep 2013 11:37 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

stonover... no problema!

When we first came here we had a lot of problems with our landline and ADSL service from Telefonica / Movistar, but we have stuck with them and they are generally better than most other ISP's. If I have cause to speak to them nowadays my landline phone number automatically generates the English version of the recorded message.

Hope you managaed to get your problem sorted out.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
29 Nov 2015 8:34 PM by apollo13 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

some agents also sell TV Boxes to watch UK TV via your Adsl or Fibre broadband connection in Spain, hope this helps

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

The TV Sharks are circling - 0 posts
‘Second homes tax’ for residents on worldwide property - 13 posts
Estate in Pilar De la Horadada - 2 posts
Ford Iveco 7500kg Truck For Sale - 1 posts
Tile Painting - 4 posts
Flamenco Dresses - 2 posts
Online Spanish Food - 6 posts
Au Pairs for CostaLuz Lawyers team - 0 posts
Starting a scooter hire business - 5 posts
Non resident cif number - 26 posts
Press fit plumbing systems - 4 posts
Rental Investment - Apartment or Villa? - 3 posts
changing windows 7 language - 6 posts
Goldcar – even more ways to get us to part with our money. - 1 posts
Latest update Astra 20-09-2013 - 1 posts
Water Fines - 2 posts
PVA bonding - repairing a badly rendered wall - 1 posts
Planning permission - 9 posts
Things to know before moving to Spain - 2 posts
UK TV channels in Spain. - 17 posts
A host of questions - 41 posts
car age - 7 posts
Linkedin..... opinions welcome - 5 posts
210 TAX FORM ON LINE - 24 posts
sports bar - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x