Press fit plumbing systems

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Sep 2013 10:42 AM by JohnandCaroline Star rating in Alcala La Real. 12 posts Send private message

Hi

My place is plumbed with 16mm pex al pex with press fit fittings and i want to be able to maintain it myself. I am thinking of buying a manual  press fit tool but do not know whether all tools fit all brands of fitttings etc. If not, is there a better brand or a brand wihich is easy to get fttings for in Spain?

Like 0      
22 Sep 2013 8:31 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

Leroy Merlin stock 16mm push fit plumbing fittings, not sure if it is tha same as you want but I have used them and found the tube and fittings to be reasonably priced and easy to use. Normally I am a copper and solder man but these tubes and fittings are much easier.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2013 11:34 PM by spanishjonny Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello!
Our place is plumbed in 16 & 18mm pex al pex pressfit which has proved quite troublesome!

However I've managed to obtain from eBay 16mm pex al pex adapters (to 1/2" bsp male or female) which solve the problem. I can give you more precise info if you can't find it.

Jon- Puerto Lope

Like 0      
25 Sep 2013 7:05 AM by JohnandCaroline Star rating in Alcala La Real. 12 posts Send private message

What was troublesome about your press fit, it's meant to be a good system according to reports?

Like 0      
25 Sep 2013 3:35 PM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

There is only one system that can be relied on and that is HEP20 but I don't know if it is available in Spain. Only 'demountable' push fit systems should be used as the standard fittings are prone to faults. The leading  system in Spain is www.nuevaterrain.com (hope I am allowed to put this link on). I haven't had any experience of this system but there is a downloadable PDF on the website.

Have a look on good old Ebay for HEP20 - it would be worth it if you can't get it here.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Rental Investment - Apartment or Villa? - 3 posts
changing windows 7 language - 6 posts
Goldcar – even more ways to get us to part with our money. - 1 posts
Latest update Astra 20-09-2013 - 1 posts
Water Fines - 2 posts
PVA bonding - repairing a badly rendered wall - 1 posts
Planning permission - 9 posts
Things to know before moving to Spain - 2 posts
UK TV channels in Spain. - 17 posts
A host of questions - 41 posts
car age - 7 posts
Linkedin..... opinions welcome - 5 posts
210 TAX FORM ON LINE - 24 posts
sports bar - 0 posts
Revoking Power of Attorney - 19 posts
Are all the Banka Banks in Southern Spain Closing? - 8 posts
The simple solution to the Bank Guarantee Abuse - 21 posts
About a roof: to pitch or not to pitch - 9 posts
changing car ownership - 0 posts
Wanted Spanish property P/X - 0 posts
Astra 2E launch delayed....again... - 1 posts
Returning Resident Cert - 3 posts
Tribal Price Lists - 10 posts
Recession or Incompetence - 0 posts
online shopping - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x