Goldcar – even more ways to get us to part with our money.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Sep 2013 7:36 PM by paddyw Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Goldcar – even more ways to get us to part with our money.

I booked two cars with Goldcar over the summer.  The first booking was straightforward and I had a nice diesel car for three weeks.  My second booking was mid-August and I was asked whether I wanted a diesel vehicle to which I replied yes as usual.  I was then told that this would incur an additional charge of 44 euros.  They stated that diesel was more economical and would save money but if I did not want it then I would be issued with a petrol car.

I booked  through Carjet and there was no mention of this additional charge for diesel vehicles in their terms and conditions.  I mentioned this to the agent at the airport and was told that it was set out in the Goldcar website.  I responded that having booked through a broker, it was their terms and conditions that I read – why would I go on to Goldcar’s website?

I paid the money as I needed a diesel car but stated that it was on the condition that I was going to seek a refund through the broker.  We use brokers to be the intermediary and expect them to look after us – their customers and to fight our corner.  Carjet have raised this with Goldcar and we are awaiting a response.

I don’t know whether any others have been presented with this same ultimatium.

Finally, I think that the Goldcar staff seem to be more hostile in their attitude than in the past.  There is of course less of them which leads to longer queues.

PaddyW

Like 1      
20 Sep 2013 10:11 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Last May / June was the only time ever that I was asked if I wanted a diesel car, I said no,   no mention was made that if I did the cost would be higher, I can see now that the cost would have been more otherwise why ask, in the past I have been given diesel cars with no extra cost only the mention don't put petrol in this one, or vise versa.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Latest update Astra 20-09-2013 - 1 posts
Water Fines - 2 posts
PVA bonding - repairing a badly rendered wall - 1 posts
Planning permission - 9 posts
Things to know before moving to Spain - 2 posts
UK TV channels in Spain. - 17 posts
A host of questions - 41 posts
car age - 7 posts
Linkedin..... opinions welcome - 5 posts
210 TAX FORM ON LINE - 24 posts
sports bar - 0 posts
Revoking Power of Attorney - 19 posts
Are all the Banka Banks in Southern Spain Closing? - 8 posts
The simple solution to the Bank Guarantee Abuse - 21 posts
About a roof: to pitch or not to pitch - 9 posts
changing car ownership - 0 posts
Wanted Spanish property P/X - 0 posts
Astra 2E launch delayed....again... - 1 posts
Returning Resident Cert - 3 posts
Tribal Price Lists - 10 posts
Recession or Incompetence - 0 posts
online shopping - 0 posts
S1 Early Retiree - loophole maybe - 5 posts
RENEWING PADRON - 6 posts
Quimbombo - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x