What details needed for Tax Return non resident !

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jun 2013 11:39 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Can anyone outline what information is required to allow completion of a non residents Tax return in Spain ?

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2013 7:54 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

This is the online, in English, instructions for completing the 210 return:-

https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/static_files/AEAT_Sede/Ayuda/GF00/en_Instr_210.pdf

Like 0      
27 Jun 2013 2:21 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

much appreciated !

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2013 11:19 PM by Johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

what about that local tax for basura and stuff  been there a year and not had a bill

Like 0      
28 Jun 2013 8:13 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

John Mc    what about the local tax for basura and stuff

The thread question was about the tax return for non residents.

There are of course many other taxes and charges which may have to be paid in Spain, but they apply to residents too.  Such as basura, IBI, water, electricity, etc

Like 0      
28 Jun 2013 11:34 AM by Johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

I am a non resident but surely I have to pay this local tax too

Like 0      
28 Jun 2013 12:31 PM by Johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

So does anyone know about local taxes ?.......My national taxes are done by my lawyer but not the local ones for rubbish collection etc.

I expected a bill but so far have had nothing from the Town Hall...in fact my nearest town hall is in Sucina but I wonder how "local" are local taxes.

I don't really want the hassle of going up to Murcia. I'm not in a community and the building is not new. 

I can't understand why they haven't sent me a bill

Like 0      
28 Jun 2013 12:35 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I suggest you contact, of better still, go to the Town Hall for the area where you live and make sure you are registered for the payments.  It may be that the previous owner is still being billed and probably not paying,  in which case you may find your property embargoed and a court order for non-payment.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2013 12:41 PM by Johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

aaahhh....that's not what I wanted to hear........looks like I'll need to face town hall hassle next time I come over

mind you I did get a letter from the authorites acknowledging that I was the new owner of the place. but that was back in November last year

Like 0      
28 Jun 2013 4:15 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

If you bought the property last year, the local taxes are payable by whoever owns at the beginning of that year. Bills for this year are usually sent end of June, and payable by end of August.

Juan

Like 0      
28 Jun 2013 4:25 PM by Johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

ah right....so I'm not responsible for last  years tax then.

and I might still get a bill through the post. Then I can take it up to the town hall and pay it...that sounds easier than trying to explain what I want because I can't speak Spanish.

Has anyone got an on line account to pay these local taxes..........that might be easier still if I can set one up.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2013 4:25 PM by Johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

ah right....so I'm not responsible for last  years tax then.

and I might still get a bill through the post. Then I can take it up to the town hall and pay it...that sounds easier than trying to explain what I want because I can't speak Spanish.

Has anyone got an on line account to pay these local taxes..........that might be easier still if I can set one up.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2013 4:27 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Best if you take the bill to your bank to pay and set up a direct debit. Or somebody can take it in for you with your written authority.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2013 4:32 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

My son has two apartments and a separate garage space,  I have one apartment, plus a separate lock up garage. (that is five lots of town hall bills) I have lived in Spain 25 years and have owned and sold a number of properties.  .

My son and I have all that time paid by Direct Debit from one of our bank accounts.   I have always setup the payment at the town hall for the municipality where the properties were / are located.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 28/06/2013.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2013 12:01 PM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

John Mc .. I'm not sure about not being responsible for previous owners back town hall taxes/bills.

We have just bought a property and we deducted from the sale price the amount owed, but we had to go to town hall and find out what was owed.

Our TH were automatically inofmed we were the new owners, as we did everything above boad and legal with contracts (unlike last 3 times the property was sold on where they were just private Compraventas. So the bills were in a name of an owner from the 1970's!) We are getting there slowly :)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Divorce on the horizon for troika - 0 posts
Hello everyone - 0 posts
Winter Fuel Allowance - 269 posts
Bad management or just a total rip off! - 7 posts
UK Non resident Ltd - a better solution? - 0 posts
A good gestoria - 4 posts
Portugals Police BINGOING Mad... - 5 posts
Moving On - 7 posts
We are in the UK and our bank doesn't respond - 9 posts
Investors Chronicle article on retiring abroad - 0 posts
Mosquito Traps? - 6 posts
SIM Cards - 2 posts
What happens in Notary Office when selling - 28 posts
A clean room project - 0 posts
Maintenance charges on bank accounts used for paying mortgage payments ! - 0 posts
Becoming non resident in spain for tax purposes - 7 posts
Moving to Spain March 2014 - 2 posts
Spanish Banks - Who can we complain to - 6 posts
Sewing Machines - 5 posts
Old for new - 6 posts
moving to spain park life - 3 posts
Amazon... - 5 posts
Any feed back please "Firefly Rent a car" Murcia San Javier - 12 posts
Finca Parcs Testimonial - 7 posts
Car rental Spain to UK and back - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x