can you move to spain with no UK or Spanish bank account

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 May 2013 11:41 AM by deesam56 Star rating in Stafford. 31 posts Send private message

The question is as above. Can you move to Spain with no UK or Spanish bank account?  I have a savings account here in UK but no money saved as yet. Do you need a good credit history and funds in a UK or Spanish bank to be allowed to move to Spain as a resident?

Like 0      
12 May 2013 12:00 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

There should be some info on gov.uk website under the Foreign Commonwealth Office section

Like 0      
12 May 2013 1:39 PM by 2littletinkers Star rating in Naranjos 5. 549 posts Send private message

I believe in the last 12 months it has changed so that you must have 6000 Euro and private health cover......

www.condadokidsclub.com

12 Months' Keyholding with weekly checks, just €99!!! Email condadokey@gmail.com

Like 0      
12 May 2013 4:22 PM by deesam56 Star rating in Stafford. 31 posts Send private message

thanks for replies - I may have at least  6000 euro but will have to look into health cover

Like 0      
12 May 2013 5:02 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

This is what the police say you require to register on EU Citizens Register (Sometimes  incorrectly called Residencia)

DOCUMENTACIÓN ACREDITATIVA PARA CERTIFICADO DE REGISTRO
1. Copia de pasaporte o documento nacional de identidad, válido y en vigor, del solicitante o copia de los mismos caducados y de la solicitud de renovación. 2. Tasa pagada (10.30 euros)
3. Los documentos que a continuación se detallan según los casos:
TRABAJADOR CUENTA AJENA.- Uno de los siguientes documentos: - Declaración de contratación del empleador
 Incluyendo nombre de la empresa, C.I.F. de la empresa, Código Cuenta Cotización en la SS de la empresa.
- Certificado de empleo
- Contrato de trabajo registrado en el S.P. Empleo - Alta en la SS
O bien consentimiento para la comprobación de datos en los ficheros de la Tesorería General de la Seguridad Social.
TRABAJADOR CUENTA PROPIA.- Uno de los siguientes documentos:
- Inscripción en el censo de actividades económicas.
-              Inscripción del establecimiento mercantil en el Registro Mercantil. - Alta en la SS
O bien consentimiento para la comprobación de datos en los ficheros de la Tesorería General de la Seguridad Social.
NO TRABAJA.- Todos los documentos siguientes:
- Seguro de enfermedad con cobertura durante su período de residencia equivalente a la proporcionada por el Sistema Nacional de Salud (pensionistas será suficiente con documento que acredite que tienen derecho a asistencia con cargo al Estado que le paga la pensión).
- Prueba de recursos suficientes (mínimo 5.007,81 euros)
ESTUDIANTES.
­Posibilidad 1:
·         Matrícula
·         Seguro de enfermedad o tarjeta sanitaria europea válida durante todo el período de residencia.
·         Declaración de que posee recursos suficientes.

Posibilidad 2:
Acreditación de ser participante en UE de intercambio educativo

ENGLISH TRANSLATION (by Bing)
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION
1. Copy of passport or national identity card, valid and in force, of the applicant or copy of the same expired and the application for renewal. 2 Rate paid (10.30 euros) xx
3. The documents listed below as appropriate:
WORKER employed-one of the following documents:-20th employer recruitment statement
Including company name, CIF of the company code account trading on the SS of the company.
-Certificate of employment
-Contract work registered in the employment S.P. - high in the SS
Either consent to the verification of data in the files of the General Treasury of the Social Security.

WORKER, self employed .-    one of the following documents:
-Registration on the Census of economic activities.
-Registration of the mercantile establishment in the mercantile registry. -High in the SS
Either consent to the verification of data in the files of the General Treasury of the Social Security.

NOT working.-all of the following documents:
-Health coverage during their period of residence equivalent to that provided by the national system of health insurance (pensioners will be sufficient to document that certifies they are entitled to assistance with charge to the State which pays the pension).
-Proof of sufficient resources (minimum 5.007,81 EUR)

Students.
Possibility 1:
• Registration
• Insurance of sickness or European health insurance card valid throughout the period of residence.
Declaration that he has sufficient financial resources.

Possibility 2:
Accreditation to be member in EU educational exchange

Like 0      
12 May 2013 5:18 PM by deesam56 Star rating in Stafford. 31 posts Send private message

@ John

so, as my hsband will be on state pension but  I am too young yet (57), we show passports, entitlement to pension plus any entitlement to assisted health care?

Like 0      
12 May 2013 5:20 PM by deesam56 Star rating in Stafford. 31 posts Send private message

sorry forgot to add, is a EHIC card sufficient?

Like 0      
12 May 2013 5:31 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Your husband’s OAP should be sufficient.   

I would assume that he may be getting a higher rate as you are shown as his dependant. (my wife is below retirement age) 

I would suggest you take whatever paperwork you have to prove the pension to the National Police Station where you will make the application and see if they will accept it as it is,  or if they need it in a modified form.

EHIC is not sufficient. it only covers people on holiday.

Contact DWP Newcastle and they will send you a form 121 (or it may have a new number now) which will show that your husband and you, as his dependant, are entitled to cover.  (The DWP pay around £3,500 p.a. for each person so covered).  You can then register with the Spanish Health Service.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 12/05/2013.

Like 0      
18 May 2013 9:41 AM by Feeg Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Is the Euros 5007.81 a capital amount-or an amount a person must have on a yearly basis?

Like 0      
18 May 2013 11:29 AM by fredjansen25 Star rating in Denmark. 1 posts Send private message

Yes. There should be some info on gov.uk website under the Foreign Commonwealth Office section.

Like 0      
18 May 2013 12:19 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Feeg,  Either should apply, Either you have that sum in an account or that is the income which you will have in a year.

I see not that one could  borrow the sum, deposit it in their account, make the application and then withdraw it and repay the loan.  Yet another example of a poorly thought out regulation.  The same could apply to medical cover.  Cancel it after you get the registration cert.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Relocating to Murcia - 4 posts
Can I get free advice on starting a business - 7 posts
Taking your Laywer to Court In Spain - 6 posts
Transforming finance - 0 posts
Looking for my pool architect from 2006..(or a new one) - 2 posts
Butano/Propano GAS wall mounted boilers - 4 posts
Spain Officially insolvent get your money out - 9 posts
So Fergys retirement is official - at last - 0 posts
2 Cool Ikea Loft Beds for quick sale €30 each or €50 for the two - Fuengirola - 0 posts
Local Impartial Solicitor Needed for Property Law - 0 posts
embargos - 4 posts
Renewing passport - 7 posts
EHIC Problems? - 19 posts
Where On The Costas? - Phil From Belfast - 1 posts
the plot thickens - 4 posts
Holiday house swap Spain - U.K. - 1 posts
moving to Spain - 11 posts
decorative concrete - 4 posts
legal advice - 6 posts
Costa Calida - 2 posts
Spain still offers a lower cost of living - 10 posts
Claiming benefits in Spain - 1 posts
Reliable builders: villamartin/la zenia areas - 2 posts
Aloha Hill Club - 0 posts
whats wrong with people - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x