decorative concrete

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 May 2013 11:43 AM by pac1 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi maybe this is the wrong place (who knows) ?

i am looking to get my drive etc done with decorative concrete  has anyone here had this done , what do you think of it and can you recomend anyone ?

pac1

Like 0      
09 May 2013 10:01 AM by carl9 Star rating. 136 posts Send private message

Hi, we've looked into the pressed concrete effect that i think you're talking about. It's quite expensive and from the research I've done, it seems that it does require maintenence over time as it discolours.

Personally, we;ve decided to use a simple standard cement and have a decorative brick edge border around it with expansion joints spaced within the terrace to allow for movement.

what quotes have you been getting for this out of interest. From memory i think the cheapest we had was about € 26 pm2 - sounds ok but when you add up how much you need it's a fortune (at least it is on a drive as large as ours.

Regards, Carl

Like 0      
09 May 2013 10:26 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Hi, yes it's not cheap but if it is done well the effect is excellent (hormigon impreso). One of the main reason why if fades over time is that the colour is not mixed properly with the cement  or sprinkled too thinly and it is eventually worn away with use. I have seen it used in places which get far more wear and tear than a drive way such as nighclubs and leisure centres. So if it is done properly you shouldn't have any problem even if you decide to use colour. Expansion joints are the main key here so go to an expert company that deals with this product as I have seen quite a few botch jobs and cracking from projects done by people who say.." yeah that's really easy I'll do that much cheaper for you...". Once you have a crack straight through your drive it suddenly isn't very decorative anymore. When done well the effect is spectacular and the colouring of the concrete has a level of skill to it as well. So choose carefully. There are several good companies in the Valencia area further out I couldn't help you..

regards

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
09 May 2013 10:50 AM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Our urbanization has this all over the place and it is a mess. Badly done in the first place, colour fading   and patchy it looks terrible and where repairs have been made the don't match. I'm sure when done well it is fine but I wouldn't consider it now.

Poppyseed

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

legal advice - 6 posts
Costa Calida - 2 posts
Spain still offers a lower cost of living - 10 posts
Claiming benefits in Spain - 1 posts
Reliable builders: villamartin/la zenia areas - 2 posts
Aloha Hill Club - 0 posts
whats wrong with people - 1 posts
Driving licence due to expire in a few months - 1 posts
disability benefits - 4 posts
Tax Form 210 - 10 posts
Mains gas - Los dolses/ villamartin area? - 3 posts
Plumbers merchants? - 10 posts
Dog walking - Costa Del Sol - 5 posts
Golf homes for sale - 11 posts
Need some advice of rights of USO FRUCTO inheritor - 17 posts
Looking for a good hair stylist in Quesada - 3 posts
GB versus Spanish Pensions - 73 posts
Sold your home in UK before moving to Spain ? CGT on it in Spain? - 3 posts
Looking for a good hair stylist in Quesada - 0 posts
Property Management - 1 posts
Hello guys - 0 posts
employees rights - 1 posts
MOVIESTAR BROADBAND AVAILABILITY - 1 posts
Pool Heating Advice Please - 6 posts
Where are the best golf courses in Spain? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x