Butano/Propano GAS wall mounted boilers

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 May 2013 8:19 AM by Nels Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Could someone please advise on a RELIABLE make of boiler, after 10 yrs and 4 replacements, I am faced with yet another change.

Despite the filtered, de calcified water supply all seem to breakdown, they never seem repairable, or parts cannot be bought!  And labour installation costs can be as much as half the boiler cost!!!!

Is it normal to have these SUB STANDARD models in MED countries?

Like 0      
11 May 2013 9:55 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I think you have been unlucky or been taken for a ride by the plumber.

I had the same gas water heater in a property for over 10 years, then I moved.  No problems during that time.

My son has two apartments.

I fitted a new heater 10 years ago in one of them  (the pilot lights on water demand,  a very big saving which surprised me ) and the other apartment has been owned by him for 8 years, still with same water heater and no problems.

Like 0      
11 May 2013 10:31 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I second Johns answer, had these and never a problem, last one looked like a dirt cheap model, no whistles and bells and I know for a fact  it might have been at least 14 years old, perhaps that's the answer, get a cheap one with just the minimum controls so less to go wrong.

Couldn't even say it was over heavy on bottled gas, most of the time about  3/4 weeks a bottle maybe longer, sometimes it went so long it caught me out and it ran out.

Like 0      
16 May 2013 8:16 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

If your so called plumber was a British expat he was probably milk man back in the U.K I am a gas safe engineer and from what I have seen over in Spain all you have is cowboys installing gas equipment the multi point water heater you are referring to can be repaired by a competent engineer the parts are widely available on the web but it would be easier for someone that does not know how to repair the appliance to just to fit a new one. 

Like 0      
17 May 2013 12:37 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

I have no idea what is wrong with your boiler or why it is giving you so many problems, but I know what you are going through. I once had a dodgy boiler and eventually had to chuck it out and have it replaced. I didn't mess around and went for one i knew would last for years and years, one of the best brands is JUNKERS in my opinon. Never had a problem. Touch wood. 

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spain Officially insolvent get your money out - 9 posts
So Fergys retirement is official - at last - 0 posts
2 Cool Ikea Loft Beds for quick sale €30 each or €50 for the two - Fuengirola - 0 posts
Local Impartial Solicitor Needed for Property Law - 0 posts
embargos - 4 posts
Renewing passport - 7 posts
EHIC Problems? - 19 posts
Where On The Costas? - Phil From Belfast - 1 posts
the plot thickens - 4 posts
Holiday house swap Spain - U.K. - 1 posts
moving to Spain - 11 posts
decorative concrete - 4 posts
legal advice - 6 posts
Costa Calida - 2 posts
Spain still offers a lower cost of living - 10 posts
Claiming benefits in Spain - 1 posts
Reliable builders: villamartin/la zenia areas - 2 posts
Aloha Hill Club - 0 posts
whats wrong with people - 1 posts
Driving licence due to expire in a few months - 1 posts
disability benefits - 4 posts
Tax Form 210 - 10 posts
Mains gas - Los dolses/ villamartin area? - 3 posts
Plumbers merchants? - 10 posts
Dog walking - Costa Del Sol - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x