legal advice

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 May 2013 10:13 AM by vulcanclassic Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I swapped vehicles with a friend 3months ago ,no cash involved,and we each have the documents for the vehicles we now have on the understaning that we will both change them when we can both afford it.both vehicles had problems on the exchange,andwhere accepted, he now whant to swap back as he has decided. He dos'ent want it anymore.the. exchage was a permenant swap and not on a trail basis. Can anyone shed some light on what i should do. Thank you

Like 0      
08 May 2013 12:25 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I swapped vehicles with a friend

Swap back and shake hands.  Or lose a friend and have a lot of hassle.

Like 0      
08 May 2013 3:10 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I did much the same thing with a friend once on a TV,  and he also wanted to reverse the swop some months later, he said my ex-wife i swapped for his TV didn't look half as good as the picture on his TV did.

Like 0      
08 May 2013 7:07 PM by Susanspain Star rating in Mijas, Malaga. 145 posts Send private message

Susanspain´s avatar

Vulcan, unfortunatly it seems the best way is just to swap back. It will leave a bad taste in the mouth, but at least that way you will know if you decide to sell your vehicle you can control the transfer process and not have future debts in your name. I know you have the power to withold changing their vechicle into your name, but you still run the risk of getting debt against yours.  You 'could' hire a lawyer to sort this out, but as it was a verbal agreement and no paperwork was signed, nor the transfers done at the time of the exchange, it is likely to prove expensive, and possibly not the outcome you want.

Probably not what you want to hear, but these things can cause a friendship to break up :( 

Like 0      
08 May 2013 8:09 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

You dont outline why your friend wants to change back ? Did you "stitch them up" with a heap of trouble and thats why they want out ?

If i was you I would agree change back unless you both signed a transfer agreement at Nil cost.  worded "Taken as seen."

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
09 May 2013 9:27 AM by Nostradamus Star rating in Dublin y Catalunya. 26 posts Send private message

There is an old saying that a verbal agreement "is not worth the paper on which it is NOT written" but in fact a verbal agreement MAY be regarded as constituting a contract provided the conduct of the parties,when examined,is consistent with the claim by one party that an agreement was made.It appears that you could reasonably claim that an agreement was made;however,it appears that the arrangement involved breach of vehicle registering regulations,in effect a breach of the law(I am not sure about this but it so appears from your description of position)and I would be confident that a court would not direct to enforce an agreement which was in breach of the law.In my opinion the legal route has nothing to offer you in this situation and I would commend the pragmatic advice of earlier posters

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Costa Calida - 2 posts
Spain still offers a lower cost of living - 10 posts
Claiming benefits in Spain - 1 posts
Reliable builders: villamartin/la zenia areas - 2 posts
Aloha Hill Club - 0 posts
whats wrong with people - 1 posts
Driving licence due to expire in a few months - 1 posts
disability benefits - 4 posts
Tax Form 210 - 10 posts
Mains gas - Los dolses/ villamartin area? - 3 posts
Plumbers merchants? - 10 posts
Dog walking - Costa Del Sol - 5 posts
Golf homes for sale - 11 posts
Need some advice of rights of USO FRUCTO inheritor - 17 posts
Looking for a good hair stylist in Quesada - 3 posts
GB versus Spanish Pensions - 73 posts
Sold your home in UK before moving to Spain ? CGT on it in Spain? - 3 posts
Looking for a good hair stylist in Quesada - 0 posts
Property Management - 1 posts
Hello guys - 0 posts
employees rights - 1 posts
MOVIESTAR BROADBAND AVAILABILITY - 1 posts
Pool Heating Advice Please - 6 posts
Where are the best golf courses in Spain? - 2 posts
TV COMPANIES IN BALCICAS (MURCIA) AREA!! - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x