Mooving To spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Apr 2013 6:47 PM by m00t Star rating in Mungry Land. 3 posts Send private message

i will go down to the benefits office.

i get a free house and a mobility car here but they have cut a bit of the money i get.

losing 20% is not good

i wonder if i can use my mobility car in spain

Like 0      
21 Apr 2013 6:49 PM by brotherjohn Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Britain's spending on benefits and state pensions will hit a new record high this year despite the Government claiming to cut the cost of welfare, official figures reveal.

Taxpayers will have to fund more than £208 billion in benefit payments during the 2012-13 financial year, according to an analysis of welfare spending released this week by the House of Commons library.

Almost one pound in every three raised in tax by the Government will be spent on the payments, which include state pensions.

Its no good spouting off that old age pensions are not a benefit,that they are special,worked all there lives,paid in etc etc.
many many sick and disabled have as well.
If this was truly about hard cash savings then why does the UK gov pay state pensions to old folk who don't Need it?
And as for winter fuel allow paid to UK folk in Spain.mad mad world. Bless u.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2013 7:02 PM by corblimey Star rating in snt javier. 23 posts Send private message

Some  people will probably not agree.But the winter in Spain is very cold . The houses dont have insulation so any heat

goes straight through the walls .I often sit with my blanket round me socks on & my heater as near as I can get to it .

Yes I worked all my life in the UK as did my husband paid in more contributions than was asked for ,have never been on the dole

or claimed any benifits in my life raised 3 sons who all work & have never claimed benefits . Had parents who fought & died for there country . NOW some people dont think we deserve our winter fuel allowance ..!!!!!! Just because we want to spend the rest of our days in a country of our choice .

Like 0      
21 Apr 2013 7:24 PM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

Moot - you will not be able to use your mobility car in Spain - this I know as my sister deals with these and I just asked her.

Brotherjohn - Of course pensions are not a benefit and I doubt  if anyone would agree that old folk don't need money. Anyone with a grasp of basic economics would know that.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2013 7:26 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

The OAP is not a benefit - it is a state pension, just what is says on the tin.   You work a certain number of years, you pay in, you get a pension out.    All the other stuff are benefits.  The state supports you when you are unable to support yourself.   Now, I would not necessarily disagree that the pension system needs an overhaul, but as set up, the state pension is not a benefit.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2013 7:42 PM by brotherjohn Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

We forget that the pensioners are part of the welfare system. Pensioners don’t like to think that their state pension is a benefit. But they are part of the overall cost of the welfare system.’

Competa anyone with a grasp of basic economics would know that.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2013 7:49 PM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

Part of the welfare system, yes. A benefit no.

As I have a Masters in Economics I would know this, brotherjohn.  What are your qualifications.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2013 7:56 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
Moot - the mobility car is leased, using your mobility allowance. It is highly unlikely that a leased mobiliy car could be exported abroad.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
21 Apr 2013 8:14 PM by brotherjohn Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Competa. Spotting pedantic Tory daily mail Readers.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2013 8:14 PM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

That's what my sister said - she works in the sector who deal with this.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2013 8:17 PM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

Wrong, brotherjohn.  I do not read the Daily Mail.  Obviously my level of education worries you.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2013 8:26 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

I'm wondering whether this whole thread is a wind up by the original poster.

Still no explanation re: why he/she could work in Spain but can't in UK because of health reasons, but has added another statement @ free house and mobility car.

The above aside, some of the other comments are entertaining!!!

This message was last edited by wend691 on 21/04/2013.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2013 8:27 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

yes I agree - a WUM.   There are a couple doing the rounds with the same question.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2013 8:58 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Of course it's a wind up.  And a sock puppet appeared with a very first post (under that name).  

Like 0      
21 Apr 2013 9:10 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

The OAP is not a benefit - it is a state pension, just what is says on the tin. You work a certain number of years, you pay in, you get a pension out. All the other stuff are benefits. The state supports you when you are unable to support yourself. Now, I would not necessarily disagree that the pension system needs an overhaul, but as set up, the state pension is not a benefit.

The UK government has now changed the status of the state pension, it is now called a benefit........So now i have to ask the UK government why do you tax the state pension, that you have decided to re-name as a benefit.....When you dont tax benefits

This message was last edited by baz1946 on 21/04/2013.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2013 11:01 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
Hahaha! Welcome back Mungry. But for how long?

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
22 Apr 2013 8:37 AM by davidjrowe Star rating in Casares Pueblo. 37 posts Send private message

After having an accident last year I am just starting to walk unaided I been without regular work for alomost 8 months. I have been self employed in Spain for 7 years and paying into the system, before that employed in Spain for 8 years on contracts. I have no help from the Spanish system. I suggest you stay in the UK.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2013 8:57 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Wow, Mungry, none of us noticed it was you, honest! 

Looking forward to this aw, some! site you're setting up.  Again, honest! 

Like 0      
22 Apr 2013 9:02 AM by brotherjohn Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

You sound like a contestant on x factor,with you're sob story.wo is me I don't get any help from the Spanish boo hoo.
So you tell this fictitious poster to stay away.not nice. Bless u.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2013 9:48 AM by davidjrowe Star rating in Casares Pueblo. 37 posts Send private message

Thanks BrotherJohn....you should also consider doing an x factor!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mini One - 0 posts
Support a Spanish foundation crowdfunding project. - 0 posts
External wall insulation grants and loans - 0 posts
Painting Balustrades - 4 posts
Looking for replacement umbrella canopy Nr. Torrevieja - 0 posts
Horse riding - 3 posts
Is Corvera airport now dead in the water? - 10 posts
Retail Knowledge - 0 posts
Internet help please. - 0 posts
Illegal to rent out? - 26 posts
Can anyone recommend a good Gestor in Torrox Costa area ? - 2 posts
CAMPOSOL new ownership ( formerly Gateway to India ) SPICE VILLA CAMPOSOL - 3 posts
I have bought a LHD Spanish Registered Car in the UK is it really that difficult to transfer into my name - 22 posts
Abortion reform in Spain : Madness! - 33 posts
Change of address - 5 posts
Expat Solutions - 19 posts
retail shop rental for florist business. - 12 posts
Will a cheap airline fly to cordoba? - 2 posts
hello - 21 posts
uk / spain - 0 posts
3G in Spain - 2 posts
New and seeking guidance - 10 posts
Medical insurance - 11 posts
Need a recommendation for a good restaurant in Malaga old town. - 3 posts
Does this happen to others ???? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 46

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x