Mooving To spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Apr 2013 5:48 PM by colinfish Star rating in Birmingham. 7 posts Send private message

Yes Dave maybe Brother John can replace Simon ** EDITED - Against forum rules **ignore these people David as there only life is come on to eye on spain and slag off people. 

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 22/04/2013.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2013 7:05 PM by ElviriaDreamer Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

ElviriaDreamer´s avatar

Sorry to correct you Roly but lifetime awards of disability are not being removed from the terminally ill like myself. They automatically receive the middle rate of allowance until they have 6months to live. Once they have 6months to live they automatically move to the higher rate. That's how mine works anyway. In 2015 it will change to PIP instead and I will be slightly better off.

The only ones who are being removed from lifetime awards are the non genuine claimants and rightly so. The workshy scroungers and cheats...not the genuine ones.

To the OP no you cannot use your disability car in Spain LOL! It is not transportable. Why would you want to when you already have a nice cabriolet.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2013 7:35 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

I did not say that  they were.  I purposely did not mention terminally ill as this is so obviously a special case,    and I am sorry to hear that you are in need of this benefit.   

I do stand correct over the benefit of the state pension however.  I have been away too long.    It still is not really a benefit though - it is a pension like any other, which benefits its members ie those who have paid in.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2013 7:46 PM by ElviriaDreamer Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

ElviriaDreamer´s avatar

Sorry I do apologise Roly. I read your comment :  

"The disability allowances are being changed, and people are being reassessed with a view to moving away from an entitlement for life".

I mistook that comment as you thinking it applied to all.

Just wanted to clarify not everyone is being removed from lifetime awards...in case it worries people unecessarily.

I know nothing about pensions so would never question you who knows  :)

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mini One - 0 posts
Support a Spanish foundation crowdfunding project. - 0 posts
External wall insulation grants and loans - 0 posts
Painting Balustrades - 4 posts
Looking for replacement umbrella canopy Nr. Torrevieja - 0 posts
Horse riding - 3 posts
Is Corvera airport now dead in the water? - 10 posts
Retail Knowledge - 0 posts
Internet help please. - 0 posts
Illegal to rent out? - 26 posts
Can anyone recommend a good Gestor in Torrox Costa area ? - 2 posts
CAMPOSOL new ownership ( formerly Gateway to India ) SPICE VILLA CAMPOSOL - 3 posts
I have bought a LHD Spanish Registered Car in the UK is it really that difficult to transfer into my name - 22 posts
Abortion reform in Spain : Madness! - 33 posts
Change of address - 5 posts
Expat Solutions - 19 posts
retail shop rental for florist business. - 12 posts
Will a cheap airline fly to cordoba? - 2 posts
hello - 21 posts
uk / spain - 0 posts
3G in Spain - 2 posts
New and seeking guidance - 10 posts
Medical insurance - 11 posts
Need a recommendation for a good restaurant in Malaga old town. - 3 posts
Does this happen to others ???? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 46

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x