Are you happy with spain, how long you lived here and where?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Mar 2013 5:55 PM by fighter2 Star rating. 237 posts Send private message

Hi Camposol

Sandra and Mungry sum it up nicely, I think dying here could be a very lonely experience at a time when you need support, sympathy, help and a familiar system and language.

I don't expect to die anytime soon and as long as I have that expectation have no desire to return to the UK but I am being utterly serious now, if I was as unhappy with my lifestyle as you appear to be I would be off like a shot, house sale or no house sale, the UK is a better place to be if you are that unhappy and the house only represents money that you can't utilise anyway if you are here and can't sell.

A housing association will find you a perfectly respectable place to live and your income stream will not be different from here... I would not live with the unhappiness that you transmit on these forums under any circumstance especially as we approach our last or later years.

I would still like to understand clearly your reasons for continuing an unhappy life in a country you have little regard for...it really puzzles me.

Regards

Barry

Like 0      
05 Mar 2013 9:29 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I would still like to understand clearly your reasons for continuing an unhappy life in a country you have little regard for...it really puzzles me.

Perhaps their's no forum in the UK to groan on.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2013 9:57 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Mungrey, Baz and Camasol .

This whole subject is a waste of time and space  . You have probably cheesed off thousands of EOS regulars... so do us all a favour end it now 

If you dont like where you live go somewhere else....

Not a good night for MU is it.

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2013 10:05 PM by eileen66 Star rating in Glasgow. 67 posts Send private message

I would be interested to hear Campasols reply to Fighter 2's question.  My friends dad lived there for many years and loved it.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2013 5:14 AM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

aliton

why would i have cheesed off many regulars?

i asked a question

99% of them were civil and constructive answers

obviously there is the 1% but i am sure you are not as bad in real life as you come across on here.

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
06 Mar 2013 9:55 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Mungrey, Baz and Camasol .

This whole subject is a waste of time and space . You have probably cheesed off thousands of EOS regulars... so do us all a favour end it now

If you dont like where you live go somewhere else....

Not a good night for MU is it.

Kindly read my post again.....i stood up for you....or cant you see that!

Like 0      
06 Mar 2013 10:26 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

BUT what a FANTASTIC week for Real Madrid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  oeeeeeeeee

Like 0      
06 Mar 2013 2:34 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Fighter 2-where did I say I had little regard for Spain? I might well have little regard for some of the people who come here and think they can live without regard to the laws in Spain!

I am not desperately unhappy-I just wear my realistic specs, not my rose coloured ones.

aliton, (alitone)  who are you to say our posts are cheesing off other EOS regulars? I seem to remember some Camposol  forum members being very cheesed off by posts  ?  allegedly from you  or someone with a similar name a few months ago regarding the Bridge collapse! Or was that someone else ? If so, I apologise.

eileen66 -just because your friend's Dad loved it here doesn't mean a thing-everyones circumstances and experiences are different.

If people don't like what some of us are posting, it's simple-go to another topic or even another forum.

This message was last edited by camposol on 06/03/2013.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2013 3:00 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

Camposol: "If people don't like what some of us are posting, it's simple-go to another topic or even another forum."

That'sabit steep! Your remark could equally apply to you!

Some, nay many, posts from certain members are infuriating to say the least, but the object of a forum is to speak your mind and receive the backbites engendered, no?

Like 0      
06 Mar 2013 3:02 PM by eileen66 Star rating in Glasgow. 67 posts Send private message

Well if my friends dad loving it there "doesn't mean a thing" then you hating it doesn't mean a thing either. I mentioned his experience because I was interested to know why your experience has been so negative compared to his. Both are valid.

The interesting thing is that when it didn't suit his circumstances anymore he sold up and moved back to the UK with no bad feelings about his time in Spain. It would just be nice to hear you say some positive things as well as your "realism". After all, you have chosen not to come back to the UK.  

Like 0      
06 Mar 2013 3:09 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Where did I say I hated Spain? As I said before. circumstances and experiences differ.. The fact your Dad likes it doesn't make my views any the less relevant.

marc bernard- exactly I DO speak my mind , receive backbites and comment on them!

Like 0      
06 Mar 2013 3:14 PM by eileen66 Star rating in Glasgow. 67 posts Send private message

I apologise, you have never said you directly hated Spain, but I think many people would make that assumption when they read your posts. It's my friends dad not mine. As I said, the occasional positive comment would be nice. There must be good things that keep you there and would be good to hear about that side sometimes.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2013 3:19 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Surely the point of a forum is to express your views and spark some debate. See Positves of living in Spain, if you want to read my nice comments!

Like 0      
06 Mar 2013 3:33 PM by Fighter2 Star rating. 237 posts Send private message

Implicit in very many of your posts is the fact that you are one very unhappy bunny with many things that are Spain.... my only question to you is why do you stay.

That is not a request for you to go back just a very perplexed person who cannot understand why you stay here, I am not going to get into a verbal slanging match with you as there is no point to one I just would like you to answer my single question with some clarity......if you don't want to do that fine don't do it.

Barry

Like 0      
06 Mar 2013 3:41 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

I have already answered your question in previous posts. No one is going to just walk away from their house. If we have to wait so be it .I am not desperately unhappy. Just because I question or criticise some things in Spain, which I have a right to do, instead of constantly going on about how much less stressful, cheaper etc some people think it is does not mean I would just take the next flight to the UK. Everyday I meet people with smilar views-they just don't go on Forums to air them, that's all.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2013 3:54 PM by eileen66 Star rating in Glasgow. 67 posts Send private message

I did not join this forum to personally attack people. I would have just liked to hear some positives about your time in Spain but if you don't wish to share your thoughts on why life in Spain can be good, not Utopia, then that is your prerogative. 

Like 0      
06 Mar 2013 5:39 PM by Rossetti Star rating in Oxford and Zurich. 124 posts Send private message

well said Eileen66

There are usrs of this media who think it smart to be negative or attack people who dont share their views.

I am new to this forum and have welcomed the advise I received from members when we came to Spain earlier this year to try something different during my sabbatical year.

Campansol always has words of wisdom for us newies and I for one welcome her views. Thats not what I can say about the 'know alls' and those that clearly have took much to smoke or drink before entering their thoughts.

It would be great if the moderators actually took action rather than allow abuse to go ahead.

Rossetti Hall

Like 0      
06 Mar 2013 5:59 PM by Spanishtogs Star rating in Gales. 174 posts Send private message

Well said Rossetti Hall!  I also take issue with the moderator or webmaster because when I put my thoughts on this subject  of "Are you happy with spain" last week, I thought it was an official survey for the EOS.  If I'd known then what a shambles it would turn into, I'd not have got involved.  In addition, I have sent 3 messages to the technical section (because to just ask a question they now charge!!) requesting to  unsubscribe and to remove my blog.  The messages have been ignored completely and it appears there is  nothing I can do to unsubscribe or delete my blog - unless, of course, someone knows how?!

Like 0      
07 Mar 2013 4:22 AM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

i start some awesome threads

brings out all the nutcases

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
07 Mar 2013 8:46 AM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
Hi SpanishTogs -

Only you can make blog posts in your own name! So if you don't want your blog to appear on Eye onSpain all you need to do is not publish it here! There doesn't appear to be a system for automatically importing a blog published elsewhere on a blog-site (if there was I would use it for mine,) so you have to actively post your blog here.

As for taking down previous posts in your blog, I think you go to My Account, then My Blog, then Blog Options. It will lixt all your blog posts, and I think there's a delete option.

As for unsubscribing from the forum, you just need to stop coming here!!! Though I suspect what you mean is that you want to stop getting email notifications of responses ...... then you just need to change your notifications settings. Basic unsubscribing would simply mean NOT opening Eye on Spain every morning or whatever.

Hope that helps.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

air con - 2 posts
Legal tip 905. Is it Gratuity? - 0 posts
camposol bridge - 3 posts
Asset Declaration 50,000 Euros - 17 posts
Inflation hits the medical market! - 3 posts
orcrosa - 0 posts
Satellite channel update: True Entertainment +1 - 1 posts
Before you buy in a community ask to see the community accounts - 7 posts
Listed Buildings( Zona Protegida) - 3 posts
PRICE OF PROPERTY IN MIJAS PUEBLO and AYAMONTE - 2 posts
Deposit contract, watch out! - 0 posts
MAZARRON MINES - 2 posts
moving at the start of 2014 (hopefully) - 26 posts
When is a bank in Spain not a bank and won't take my money - 4 posts
Hola from Algorfa, Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Income tax threshold - 11 posts
CAR HIRE FROM FARO - 0 posts
Living in an Almacen ..... is this legal? - 9 posts
Utilities - 26 posts
Pool Safety - suggestions please - 9 posts
Sun - satellite outages - possible interruption to signal - UK TV Costa Blanca - Calida - 2 posts
Lowest Price Wireless Internet - 0 posts
In the Alpujarra - 0 posts
Summer Car Hire - 0 posts
can anyone help - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 65

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x