PRICE OF PROPERTY IN MIJAS PUEBLO and AYAMONTE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Feb 2013 8:40 PM by eileen66 Star rating in Glasgow. 67 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone,

I'm off to Ayamonte next week for my house sit. Looking forward to it as I had  not considered that area when resaerching property to buy , so should be interesting. Hoping to get over to Mijas village in the summer so have been looking at properties in both areas.

I get the impression that Mijas village is far more expensive than a lot of areas in Southern Spain. Is this true and does it mean that you wouldn't expect to be able to negotiate the prices down as much as in some "less desirable" areas.

Also, it drives me mad that estate agents go on about how much properties were worth in the boom etc. This is completely irrelevant and I'm sure no one is fooled into thinking that they are getting a fabulous bargain. A house is worth what it is worth now so.

My previous home dropped in value by 40k from one year to the next but I didn't constantly remind viewers how much I would have gotten for it and how lucky they were to not be paying what was an overinflated price in the first place. I'm finding it very difficult to judge what I would actually be expected to pay for houses that I see on the internet.

Any thoughts?

Like 0      
01 Mar 2013 6:35 PM by eileen66 Star rating in Glasgow. 67 posts Send private message

I spoke to some agents today and they said that buyers in Mijas are accepting at least 20% less, and in some cases a lot more, than the advertised asking price. I guess there are no areas in Spain that it would be safe to buy without taking the chance that prices will fall further.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2013 7:13 PM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

mijas is a bit older

so the costa del sol problems of houses badly built ot still in questionable legality have somewhat beensorted out.

but its still in frefall and dont belive the agents. of course

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Deposit contract, watch out! - 0 posts
MAZARRON MINES - 2 posts
moving at the start of 2014 (hopefully) - 26 posts
When is a bank in Spain not a bank and won't take my money - 4 posts
Hola from Algorfa, Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Income tax threshold - 11 posts
CAR HIRE FROM FARO - 0 posts
Living in an Almacen ..... is this legal? - 9 posts
Utilities - 26 posts
Pool Safety - suggestions please - 9 posts
Sun - satellite outages - possible interruption to signal - UK TV Costa Blanca - Calida - 2 posts
Lowest Price Wireless Internet - 0 posts
In the Alpujarra - 0 posts
Summer Car Hire - 0 posts
can anyone help - 1 posts
can anyone help please - 0 posts
can anyone help please - 0 posts
hi can anyone help please - 1 posts
Car tax 2013 - 3 posts
Buying Fish in the Supermarket - 8 posts
Living in El Galan - 2 posts
Kristina Szekely Real Estate filing for Bankruptcy - 0 posts
Whats the "Coolest solution" to Air Con - Inverters or Non Inverters - 5 posts
Bacchus on the Oasis estate, Los Alcazares. Great food - 13 posts
Capital Gains Tax - 37 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x