Asset Declaration 50,000 Euros

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Feb 2013 7:42 PM by eyeforsi Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Regarding the new asset declaration law for residents.

Does the 50,000 Euros apply to the net or gross value of the asset?
e.g. a 200k house with a 190k mortgage - declare or not?

Also, is it per asset class, per asset or for the whole lot?

Advice appreciated.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2013 8:06 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Yes you declare the houseat the value purchased. then put in the mortgage amount , then the % of the property owned by you.

Everything per asset class.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2013 8:08 PM by eyeforsi Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Not quite sure which way that answer falls.

So a 200k house with 190k mortgage means you have to declare?

Like 0      
04 Mar 2013 1:16 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Surely you would only have to declare the property if the equity was worth more than 50,000 euros?

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2013 3:48 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sanchez, that would certainly be logical, but I have lived I Spain long enough never ever to trust logic !

Like 0      
04 Mar 2013 4:06 PM by rolley Star rating in Torrevieja . 41 posts Send private message

Where do you get the form and is there a translated copy?

Like 0      
04 Mar 2013 4:06 PM by rolley Star rating in Torrevieja . 41 posts Send private message

Where do you get the form and is there a translated copy?

Like 0      
04 Mar 2013 4:47 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Does the 50,000 Euros apply to the net or gross value of the asset?
e.g. a 200k house with a 190k mortgage - declare or not?

Are you thinking that you only have to declare the 10.000€ part of this 200.000€ house you own, because the mortgage lender owns the rest like as in 190.000€?

Surely if that's the case then a person that owns a paid for outright house of 51.000€, has a tax liability of 51.000€ while a person that owns a 200.000€ mortgaged house only has a tax liability of 10.000€ ....is that correct?

Like 0      
04 Mar 2013 4:48 PM by Kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

Its nothing to do with equity. If you paid over €50,000 for the property then its declarable, whther your equity is €50,000 or 50 cents. There is no paper form (or translation), you can only complete it online via the Hacienda website.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2013 8:22 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Just read this which I thought may concern some, if it is correct !

British people living in Spain must declare all their assets held outside the country to the Spanish authorities under new rules designed to target tax evasion. (That evidently includes Spanish properties registered in the name of companies in other countries, the UK included, since that makes them a “foreign” asset for this purpose.)

This message was last edited by johnzx on 07/03/2013.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2013 9:01 AM by kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

Well, you have to declare shareholdings in overseas companies, and if its not a traded company (i.e on the stock exchange), then the value is based on the blance sheet, which, assuming the property is correctly shown, would mean it could be over €50,000, and then would be reportable. 

Like 0      
07 Mar 2013 4:12 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Legal tip 907. Obligation of Information of Goods and Rights Located Abroad 
06 March 2013 @ 13:53 

Royal Decree 1558/2012, of the 15 November, Obligation of Information about Goods and Rights Located Abroad.

This will introduce an obligation to report certain assets located abroad and whose value exceeds € 50,000 on December 31st each year, to all natural and legal individuals resident in Spanish territory, to permanent establishments, heritages and civil communities or partnerships.

While in the future this statement shall be filed between January 1st to March 31st, the 2012 statement must be submitted between the 1st February to the 30th April 2013, in accordance with the Sole Additional Provision of Royal Decree 1715 / 2012, of the 28th December.

You are subject to this obligation if:

- You are a Spanish resident (this includes any citizen or foreign national residing in Spain, Business entities, Inheritances , Partnerships, etc.), or have a permanent establishment in Spain.

- Value of your assets abroad exceed a value of 50,000 € (individually)

-  3 different groups of assets  subject to this obligation:

1. Accounts and deposits with financial institutions located abroad 

Information to be provided:

- Bank name and address

- Swift code, Iban code and account number

- Name of account holders and third parties with access to the account

- Date account was opened or closed

- Date in which any third parties were given access or had their access cancelled

- Balance of the account dated 31st December of the previous year

- Average account balance of the last quarter of the previous year

2. Values, rights, insurances and annuities deposited, managed or obtained abroad.

This group has to be subdivided again into another 5 subgroups:

a. Values located abroad: Information to be provided:

- Company name or full name of the legal entity

- Confirmation of registry details of the company or entity

- Value of the shares dated 31st December of the previous year

- Vale of the share capital or equity capital dated 31st December of the previous year

- Number and class of shares you hold

b. Rights located abroad: Information to be provided:

- Confirmation of registry details of the company or entity

- Value at 31 December of the securities transferred to third parties for capital or securities contributed to the legal instrum ent

- Value, number and class of securities or the securities provided by such shareholder.

c. Shares in the share capital or endowment of collective investment institutions located abroad:

- Confirmation of registry details of the company or entity - Value at December 31 shares held, number and type

d. Life and disability insurance when the insurer is located abroad: Inform action to be provided:

- Confirmation of registry details of the company or entity - .Surrender value at 31 December.

- The policyholders personal details

e. On temporary or lifetime income obtained as a result of the delivery of a capital in money, or economic rights of real or personal property:

- Company name or full name and address of the insurance company - Value of income capitalization at 31 December

- Identification of the beneficiary

3. Immoovable property or rights in immovable property situated abroad: Information to be provided:

- Country or territory in which you are located. - Address

- Acquisition date

- Acquisition value

* Note: The obligation extends to any taxpayer who had been the holder or beneficial owner of securities or rights during 2012 but no longer is on December 31st, and must provide the information on the date on which such term ination occurred.

Last day for filing the information (Form 720) for 2012 will be on the 30th April 2012.

Penalties? 

The penalty consists of a 5,000 Euros fine per item or set of data on the same account, asset or Real Estate property, which should have been included in the statement or had been provided incomplete, inaccurate or false, with a minimum of 10,000 Euros.

The penalty shall be 100 EUR per item or set of data on the same account, asset or liability or property with a minimum of 1,500 Euros, when the declaration was filed after the deadline without prior notification from the Tax Office. Likewise, if the filing of the annual statement is not done electronically via the internet or via written communication it would also be sanctionable.

The Observer

"The Observer", Sacromonte, Granada, South-east of Spain, by Landahlauts, at flickr.com

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Mar 2013 4:44 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

How can you have a 5000€ fine if it is not possible to pay it ?  How can the minimum fine be 10000€ if the fine is 5000€? I personally cannot see that the above can be legal under EU rules.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2013 4:56 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Gus.,read it again, it is clear that its a minimum of 5,000 PER ITEM,  So twop items would be 10,000.three 15,000 etc,  But if its just one item, then it will be 10,000

The penalty consists of a 5,000 Euros fine per item or set of data on the same account, asset or Real Estate property, which should have been included in the statement or had been provided incomplete, inaccurate or false, with a minimum of 10,000 Euros.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2013 5:38 PM by kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

The minimum is €10,000, buts what more, if you report a bank  account for example, and some of the data is wrong (false or incorrect) or incomplete  then the fine is also €5000 per item minimum €10,000. So if you report three accounts, and make three errors, thats €15,000. This is really serious stuff. Being fined for not reporting is one thing, but being fined for reporting and making an error, is another. 

During my research I discovered a savings account that I had, where I had transferred the balance, and I thought I had closed it, but it was credited with about £1 in interest and is still open. I am now going to declare this, even though I haven't used it for over a year, because its just not worth it.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2013 5:51 PM by eyeforsi Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Regarding bank accounts I imagine some expats will choose to relocate their money to jurisidictions that don't have a TIEA with Spain. Off hand I don't know which countries these are but I should think now people will want to know!!

Like 0      
07 Mar 2013 5:59 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Eyeforsi, 
                          Regarding bank accounts I imagine some expats will choose to relocate their money to jurisidictions that don't have a TIEA with Spain

Bit late now, It was what was in the accounts on 31st December 2012.

And in any case, at present it is just declaring what one has. 

It was always the case that one had to pay tax on one's worldwide income (except as exclude by the various Double Taxation Agreements).  So interest from accounts etc. should have been declared in earlier years.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2013 6:28 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

I am fortunate that it does not affect me as I made the decision years ago that I live here then that is where the money is. In addition as I don't do ,nor ever have , unearned income then I don't have to worry.

If I did ship it out of the country it certainly wouldn't be to accounts that were in my name.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Inflation hits the medical market! - 3 posts
orcrosa - 0 posts
Satellite channel update: True Entertainment +1 - 1 posts
Before you buy in a community ask to see the community accounts - 7 posts
Listed Buildings( Zona Protegida) - 3 posts
PRICE OF PROPERTY IN MIJAS PUEBLO and AYAMONTE - 2 posts
Deposit contract, watch out! - 0 posts
MAZARRON MINES - 2 posts
moving at the start of 2014 (hopefully) - 26 posts
When is a bank in Spain not a bank and won't take my money - 4 posts
Hola from Algorfa, Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Income tax threshold - 11 posts
CAR HIRE FROM FARO - 0 posts
Living in an Almacen ..... is this legal? - 9 posts
Utilities - 26 posts
Pool Safety - suggestions please - 9 posts
Sun - satellite outages - possible interruption to signal - UK TV Costa Blanca - Calida - 2 posts
Lowest Price Wireless Internet - 0 posts
In the Alpujarra - 0 posts
Summer Car Hire - 0 posts
can anyone help - 1 posts
can anyone help please - 0 posts
can anyone help please - 0 posts
hi can anyone help please - 1 posts
Car tax 2013 - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x