Falling pound, but a silver lining

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Feb 2013 2:56 PM by Rossetti Star rating in Oxford and Zurich. 124 posts Send private message

Campo,

answer thr questions I put to you.

I'm just a long term visitor, just like a person on holiday, except instread of 2-weeks in July or August I want to stay 12-months with a little time spent else where.

It might be that I have to register if here for more than 6-months in the year. I tried to do that but as a non EU passport holder the authorities couldn't come to a common view as to what I needed to do. So I'm here spending money into the local economy harming no one.

Get after the residents who take from the Spanish system without paying into it.  Could be wrong but most seem to be from the UK or Ireland not France.

Maybe I need to ask the restrante later if they will pay tax on my cash payment for my cash payment?

Rossetti

Like 0      
23 Feb 2013 2:59 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Whats this a quiz?  How do you get from 1.25 € to the pound........to not paying tax in Spain...

By just using five easy moves....

Like 0      
23 Feb 2013 3:10 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Apologies Baz, but I started the thread as a joke, now appears we have a joker who thinks we can pay whilst he swans around at our expense.

Rossetti,
                          I am sure you know full well, as several here have also pointed out, that if you are here for a total of 183 days in any year (probably even 90 days permanently)  you are tax resident in Spain and must declare and pay tax on your worldwide income (but as amended by any double taxation agreement between Spain and your country)

That you are not an EU citizen has no effect on your tax position, but it may have implications on your legal right to stay in Spain. (My wife is non EU too, but she pays her tax in Spain)

Like 0      
23 Feb 2013 3:23 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

No need for apologies John, in fact you might have started it of as a bit of a joke on your part, but to be honest you are correct in what you said, i am now leaving my house money in Spain until the € drops...hopefully...like you said.....no doubt their is an expert out their that tells me it wont. 

Forget what anyone tells you about any exchange rates on any websites or bank sites, or even what the daily rate is because if you go to the right people at the right time you can very often beat the so called set rates.....no doubt their is an expert out their that tells me you cant.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2013 9:23 PM by Star rating. 0 posts

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 24/02/2013.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2013 2:04 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Sanchez1 -aah but we do understand how things work in Spain.Socially acceptable it may be and look where it's got them. We try to do things legally, but end up getting milked-cash cows. This new law is meant to deal with tax avoidance-all it will do is make the tax evaders laugh even louder!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

A building not conforming to current standards, what does this mean? - 6 posts
Looking for second airconditioning unit. - 3 posts
Lack of Response by Spanish entities. - 1 posts
Car Insurance in Spain - 4 posts
Out of the blue Social Security Bill for 7.5k - 13 posts
Longer term Car Rental on Costa Del Sol - 0 posts
Empty Van travelling to Ireland on 21st March 2013 - 0 posts
Has The Classifieds been invaded by nutters? - 2 posts
Do I get my own civil servant ? - 14 posts
EZGO Electric Golf Buggy for Sale - 0 posts
IBI After Selling - 3 posts
Caravan Parking Place Wanted - 0 posts
legal 'larger style'taxis from AlicanteAirport to Torrevieja - 1 posts
British citizens in Spain urged to make correct use of European Health Insurance Cards (EHICs) - 10 posts
The UK Mortgage rates might help your Spanish property dream. - 2 posts
Infant Schooling here in Spain - 2 posts
El COTO VERA - 1 posts
BBC 2 HD on it's way to satellite - 0 posts
Changes to Eutelsat 28A UK & English TV Costa Blanca & Calida - 0 posts
Car Hire Spain.. Whens the best time to book ? - 2 posts
Southern Spain - 2 posts
IBERIAN AIRLINE STRIKES - 1 posts
Astra 2E & 2G - upcoming UK satellite TV changes. - 1 posts
Legal tip 901. Grazalema-- our family hometown--mentioned among best in Spain by FT - 0 posts
Lecture on New Foreign Laws - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x