Lack of Response by Spanish entities.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Feb 2013 2:24 PM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

Is anybody more successful than I in getting a response out of Spanish (particularly Government) entities?  In December I wrote 4 letters (in Spanish) to the Tax people (2), the bank, and the Spanish Ombudsman.  I still await a reply from any of them, with the exception of the Ombudsman who wrote to tell me that he was waiting for a reply from the Tax people before he could deal with my complaint.  This has been par for the course in my experience of Spanish bureaucracy, which seems to exist only for its own benefit.  In the recent request for suggestions about the improvement of Spanish Government procedures, I did suggest that they should impose an obligation on their employees to reply to communications to them.  I have had no reply to that either.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2013 7:16 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Sounds like par for the course - the Spanish don't seem to go in for letter writing.  I've bought and sold several properties without once receiving anything in writing other than emails.  Sorry but I think you're flogging a dead horse...mmm that expression takes on a new meaning these days .

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car Insurance in Spain - 4 posts
Out of the blue Social Security Bill for 7.5k - 13 posts
Longer term Car Rental on Costa Del Sol - 0 posts
Empty Van travelling to Ireland on 21st March 2013 - 0 posts
Has The Classifieds been invaded by nutters? - 2 posts
Do I get my own civil servant ? - 14 posts
EZGO Electric Golf Buggy for Sale - 0 posts
IBI After Selling - 3 posts
Caravan Parking Place Wanted - 0 posts
legal 'larger style'taxis from AlicanteAirport to Torrevieja - 1 posts
British citizens in Spain urged to make correct use of European Health Insurance Cards (EHICs) - 10 posts
The UK Mortgage rates might help your Spanish property dream. - 2 posts
Infant Schooling here in Spain - 2 posts
El COTO VERA - 1 posts
BBC 2 HD on it's way to satellite - 0 posts
Changes to Eutelsat 28A UK & English TV Costa Blanca & Calida - 0 posts
Car Hire Spain.. Whens the best time to book ? - 2 posts
Southern Spain - 2 posts
IBERIAN AIRLINE STRIKES - 1 posts
Astra 2E & 2G - upcoming UK satellite TV changes. - 1 posts
Legal tip 901. Grazalema-- our family hometown--mentioned among best in Spain by FT - 0 posts
Lecture on New Foreign Laws - 0 posts
What is the best thing for damp ? - 9 posts
Looking for King Billy! - 1 posts
Job available in Valencia - no replies so far! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x