Hello from sunny Scarborough

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jul 2007 7:27 AM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

I am soo jealous !!!!   23 days over Christmas ...    I have to go to work still, so can only manage little tiddly holidays ... but i have a plan ... and a cunning one at that!

Thanks for the fishing info .... I will remind you cos Ken has all sorts of gear and wants to drag it with us when we come over in Sept !

regards

Auntie Em x

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 5:19 PM by brenjam Star rating in Renfrewshire Scotlan.... 11 posts Send private message

brenjam´s avatar

Hi AuntieEm,

We will be at our apartment in Jacarilla from 16 Sept until 2 Oct. Jacarilla is a lovely little Spanish town situated in the area you are thinking of. Feel free to come and say hello if you are over then.

Regards,

Brenjam

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 5:55 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Hi there

Thanks for the invitation - we will actually be in costa blanca from 24 Sept to 4th Oct so we would really love to meet up with you sometime (i will pm you).  Funnily enough just the other day i was looking at something about the Palacio de Jacarilla on the internet and thought how lovely the area looked.

Soooo be prepared for the onslaught of many questions .............

Auntie Em

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 8:44 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi Auntie Em

Good luck with your search - have fun!! I am near Gina (Candyfloss) on the Mar Menor - but am a bit nearer you in the UK (York). Think this is one of the few days that Scarborough has been sunny - A64 looked mighty busy this morning!!

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 8:55 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Hi Annie

Isnt it a small world!  And i do so hate that A64 - i was on it the other morning just after the milk tankar overturned .... how i wish i had my honey nut cornflakes with me!!!!  I was trying to find a road that DIDNT go to Harrogate

I am hoping to meet up with Gina later in the year when she is visiting Spain - are you going to be around? 

We could always meet up somewhere in sunny York if you think you could cope with the onslaught!  Its nice to have a day without that liquid sunshine that we've been having here ... mind you York tends to be even worse than Scarborough ...... oh no .... i cant believe im doing that British talking about the weather,  next i will be looking for some nice ankle socks to wear with my sandals !!!! (Ive just looked at my avatar ... yikes!  I need a lie down!)

Auntie Em x

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 9:13 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

I,m not sure I could cope with you two - i've just been reading about leg waxing??  - Nutters!! - you'll fit in well - esp with Candyfloss!!

Seriously - I,m off to my second home (my hubby says I half live over there - I wish!) in a week - stopping until end of August, so think I will miss you (you going out Sept right??) - back to 'sunny!!' York after that (oh joy). Stuck in the school hols at the moment but WILL  get over there full time eventually.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 9:32 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

You mean you get to go to Spain without your hubby ...... now why didnt i think of that !!! 

What a shame we will miss you ... but not to worry, we WILL catch up with you  (I am now doing one of my menacing sneers .... im not very good at them really cos im a pussycat!)

Enjoy your LONG holiday in Spain ... im really really jealous .... dont drink too much of that cheap wine, it makes you go blind you know .... well i think thats what does it !

Auntie Em

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 10:25 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Hi Auntie Em,

Welcome to this site, you seem to be making lots of new friends already. They are a really a really friendly bunch on EOS with lots of really good advice!

I have recently completed on Dream Hills 2 in Los Altos which is just up the road from the new public hospital at Torrevieja. People there were very friendly and helpful when I moved in. For peace of mind I decided to have an alarm fitted as I am in UK most of the time and I was really  pleased with one of the features on the system which was an SOS button which, if in the hopefully unlikely situation where someone needed an emergency service quickly, you press the button and someone speaks to you in English and will call the police or ambulance quickly for you. I just found that reassuring as I had occasion to try to ring the police regarding my friends purse which was pinched at a market and they kept putting the phone dwn on me. My pigeon spanish was obviously appalling!  

Good luck with your search and enjoy!

Regards Julia

Like 0      
14 Jul 2007 10:44 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

thanks Julia

I did see some Dream Hills apartments for sale on one of the sites i frequesnt and thought they looked very nice ... i wasnt sure where they were though, so am looking forward to my next trip in Sept when we can do a reccy of the area.

You sound happy with where you are, and sounds like its a friendly place .... that makes such a difference.  Do you find that you are able to visit much?

thanks for taking the time to tell me of your experiences ... its very much appreciated.

Auntie Em 

Like 0      
15 Jul 2007 1:13 AM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Hi Auntie Em,

I plan to go out for a couple of visits of approximately 2 months each per year to start with. Next visit in September - can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Glad i found this Site!! - 3 posts
Has anyone else lost their forums? - 15 posts
LAS NIETAS, SUCINA - 0 posts
New to Eye on Spain - 2 posts
New Irish - 9 posts
SOLICITOR FEES FOR SETTING UP UTILITY ACCOUNTS Etc - 10 posts
looking for long term rental property in costa del sol - 7 posts
HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY, EOS! - 43 posts
Calahonda area restaurants - - 5 posts
Your Help please. - 27 posts
Mazarron anyone? - 103 posts
Asturias, N332 Punta Prima, Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Adorable puppies urgently need a home please - 4 posts
El Ejército del Aire - Spanish Equivalent to Red Arrows - 8 posts
DOLORES - New to the forum. - 2 posts
El Pinet update on refunds! - 7 posts
Hacienda Casares - new to site - 5 posts
La Duquesa - 1 posts
Woody - 0 posts
Which Broadband - 3 posts
Phase Two will noty be ready by March - 1 posts
medical support - 2 posts
Looking for long term Rental URGENT!! from 08.08.07 - 9 posts
Algorfa - 82 posts
New features coming.... - 54 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 30

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x