Looking for long term Rental URGENT!! from 08.08.07

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by tjhooker Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi there

Professional couple looking for a long term rental in the costa del sol area from 08.08.07.
Could someone possibly point me in the right direction please for agents or individuals in the area that deal with long term rentals, as i have scoured the net but can only find a few places available and the rest just seem to be holiday lets.

I will check back every day to see if a nice kind person has left me a reply :D

Many thanks

TJ

Like 0      
10 Jul 2007 2:43 PM by Gevaudan Star rating in Málaga. 16 posts Send private message

Gevaudan´s avatar

Hi TJ,

Are you interested in a particular area of the Costa del Sol?

How long is the long-term that you need?

I have two apartments near the beach that I just normally rent for short periods, but I would be interested in renting them long-term to the right person or couple.

Regards

Like 0      
10 Jul 2007 2:46 PM by difi Star rating in Roda Golf . 146 posts Send private message

There is a "long term rentals" section under the "Members Properties to Rent" link on this website.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2007 2:48 PM by tjhooker Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi

Many thanks for your reply. I would be looking for long term, i.e. minimum of 11 months. As i say, we are looking to move out on 8th August, and my friend who visits marbella 8 times a year has many contacts for work. We will have enough funds to support ourselves for six months without work at least, but we both want to be working as soon as we get there. I have lived in spain before, and still have my spanish bank account. With both our skills in our different fields i would think we would get work very quickly would you agree?

Like 0      
10 Jul 2007 3:08 PM by tjhooker Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thankyou DIFI, i didnt see that.

TJ

Like 0      
21 Jul 2007 6:24 PM by tjhooker Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi everyone

Can someone please provide the "members property for rent" link, as i cannot seem to find it. I am desperately trying to find an apartment in the Torremolinos area to rent long term from 08/08/2007 but as yet have not found anything, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

TJ

Like 0      
21 Jul 2007 8:05 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 1:45 PM by tjhooker Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hey everyone

Well one thing sorted, i pretty much have secured a job for when i arrive which is great. Just one more thing.. i will get a taxi from malaga airport to Torremolinos and should arrive about midday next Wednesday.. where is the best place for me to ask the taxi driver to drop me, bearing in mind i want to either grab a cheap apartment for the night so i can dump bags and go scouting for a long term apartment or alternatively an area where their hopefully will be lots of Se Alquiler signs from balconies for long term rental? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

TJ

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 3:15 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Arriving in Torremolinos in August with no accomodation arranged doesn't strike me as the best way to begin your Spanish adventure. I suggest you try to reserve a room at least for the night you arrive, or you'll spend the entire afternoon trudging around in extreme heat, getting very exasperated. You could do worse than start here: http://www.theredparrot.net/ It's slap bang in the middle of town (ask the taxi driver for "Torremolinos centro, en frente de MacDonalds" - you'll find the hostal almost directly opposite Mickey D's), it's English owned and has OK rooms with A/C, a restaurant & more importantly, a bar!

Alternatively, if you specifically want an apartment, try http://www.lanogalera.es/ . (ask the taxi driver for "Torremolinos centro, la Nogalera" - if he doesn't know it, he shouldn't be driving a taxi - this is Ground Zero in Torrie! Alternatively, if you take the train from the airport, you'll emerge from the station pretty much in the middle of it.)  Look for the rentals office and ask for Manolo (You can even tell him Roberto sent you if you like, although it won't secure you a discount or special treatment of any kind - at least, not in August!) If he's not there, anyone else will do, but I'm not sure how good their English is. These are basically tourist apartments in a big complex with pools etc. Usually this time of year I would expect it to be pretty chocka, but it's always worth enquiring if you take an apartment for a month, if there's a discount available.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the move over.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 7:12 PM by tjhooker Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hey Roberto

Thanks every so much for the reply.. i have printed it off and will take it with me :D  Not sure if i have mentioned it, but i lived on the Costa Blanca before for about a year so kinda get the idea of what goes on n stuff, and my spanish isnt too bad either :D
Its just everywhere is different of course, and not having lots of cash (until i start my job etc) then i cant really afford to book somewhere for like 2 weeks at lots of money, i would rather as you say, stay in a hostel for a couple of nights while i find something long term.

If i find internet access then i will drop you a line to let you know how i got on, as i wont have internet here now from the morning until i arrive in Spain.

Thanks again

TJ

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Algorfa - 82 posts
New features coming.... - 54 posts
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY - 12 posts
just signed up - 7 posts
Out of pocket expenses for President - 11 posts
Marie Castro.....Baby? - 29 posts
Looking to rent 1month and 2 weeks - 5 posts
Has Any One Been To The Capanes del Golf Site Recently - 4 posts
New PGOU Marbella - 6 posts
astronomy in Torrevieja - 0 posts
Easyjet problems - 11 posts
A question about IVA for an estate agent - 12 posts
Rental needed with adsl - 5 posts
Spa Valley - 3 posts
City of Murcia - 4 posts
Taking a fridge from UK to Spain - 9 posts
flights for sale Doncaster Alicante + visa versa - 1 posts
restaurants near almoradi - 24 posts
Janet - 1 posts
Last 20 General Forum Posts - 0 posts
Commercial/Shopping Centre planned for Algorfa - 0 posts
How does the pm system work? - 30 posts
Spanish property scandal petition - 1 posts
computer video link - 2 posts
Names of Retailers of Musical Instruments, Amplification, Speakers etc - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x