Mazarron anyone?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I have been looking at some properties in the Mazarron area (Urbanization Camposol)  as I am keeping my options open. They seem to be very cheap down there, is that a bad sign?

Mark

Like 0      
11 Jul 2007 4:19 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Mark,

Please stay away from Camp Arsole unless you enjoy heartache.

There are some nicer areas in Mazzaron,its a little bit cheaper because it is a little bit behind with it's infrastructure.

Although it's one for the future as it will catch up.

Gillespie is the expert on this area.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
11 Jul 2007 4:29 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Thanks Georgia. I have just found a Google group about the committee (one of them anyway) and it does seem as though there is an awful lot of bickering going on.

Mark

Like 0      
11 Jul 2007 4:41 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Ummmmmm,there seems to be a lot of bickering down there,it was a MASA development and thay have had loads and loads of problems.

There are far better places to spend your hard earned on.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
11 Jul 2007 5:56 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Mikefish, Camposol as georgia said is probably not the best place to look for a property. They are around 3-6 years old on average and pre-fab construction and little or no foundations. They are already falling to pieces and the town hall will not accept them for rates and urb. The builders haven´t put in proper roads and well blah blah blah.....I can only sum Camposol up as "Twinned with Cracatoa" Nuff said!!

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
11 Jul 2007 6:23 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

That explains why they are so cheap!!

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
11 Jul 2007 10:02 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

I spent a long time looking at Campsol , there are issues with "settlement" they call it, the builder did not keep to the building liecence and there is a dispute with the local townhall most of phase 4 has been given only holiday status on the habitation cert, a lot of houses are without deeds, all the builder problems means the townhall will not adopt roads etc, and the last time I looked at the residents community web site they had a group lawer fighting the case and had the builders and townhall up in front of the european courts, I just found it to problimatic to go through with.

Jonty

Like 0      
22 Jul 2007 4:45 PM by dringman Star rating in www.Condadoexcursion.... 772 posts Send private message

dringman´s avatar

Polaris Condado De Alhama  only up the road  , 1 bed from 55k  . 2 and 3 bed apartments available

I am buying a 3 bed  and a 1 bed  if you need info  send private message .  There are some construction photos on Jardines and Condado forum

This message was last edited by dringman on 7/22/2007.

www.condadoexcursions.com   Airport Transfers Day Trips Alhama de Murcia Taxi No 10  
tel +441212881323   +34 622714979

Like 0      
06 Sep 2007 7:58 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

There is much more to the area than Camposol Thank goodness!!!. We live in the campo about 25 mins from Puerto de Mazarron near Fuente Alamo. There is Hacienda de Alamo which is a golf resort and has quite a good reputation I believe. They are also building another resort Altos de Las Palas in the area. Also plenty of new builds and resales in the port and the country areas. The infrastructure is also much improved with new motorways and shopping facilities nearby. We originally bought in Torrevieja but moved to this area a few years ago. Can give you further info if you need it..

Like 0      
13 Sep 2007 1:10 AM by shar Star rating in Campo in Albatera, C.... 36 posts Send private message

shar´s avatar

long story but basically we bought off plan on camposol before we decided to move over full time, that was 5 years ago, we decided for various reasons, another long story that it was not the place for full time living with a young family and so bought in Albatera which suits us down to the ground, it so happened that because the builder grupomasa did not deliver when supposed to we took them to court and won money back plus interest, however we still like it down there and have friends who have a place there so visited this summer to see cracks in many properties on the phase we would have bought C14 at least! Properties have not gone up there since we bought so it would have been a really bad investment, we were lucky and because we were here managed to get a result! Anyone contemplating a purchase should do their homework vey thoroughly, anyone who has a place off plan which is late please email me I will put you in touch with others in the same boat and give you should you require this the details of the solicitor we used to win the case!!!

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 11:44 AM by Diketh Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi we are in the process of buying on ALmanzora - the same builder as Mazarron, I believe.  (HUMA)

After 2 years nothing has happened so we are in the process of pulling out.  Our solicitor does not seem to be doing muc.  Can you recommend a good english speaker solicitors.  Glad to hear you got money back plus interest.

Any advice or info you may have would be much appreciated.

Diana

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 3:31 PM by dringman Star rating in www.Condadoexcursion.... 772 posts Send private message

dringman´s avatar
cc
c.jurado@aldeaadvisors.com, aldea@aldeaadvisors.com

These are lawyers in vera   Aldea have branches throughout region

www.condadoexcursions.com   Airport Transfers Day Trips Alhama de Murcia Taxi No 10  
tel +441212881323   +34 622714979

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 10:56 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar
See the ACC threads for full info but  if you want more  get in touch

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 8:35 AM by Chip W Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

It's a shame that so many people have taken a wholly negative view of Camposol.  It's a huge new town and it has certainly come with a few problems but overall it's a great place to live with loads of really nice people with lovely homes.

We have now moved into our second home on Camposol, being fortunate enough to have sold our first house at a good price and moved into a large beautiful villa with a good sized garden and a huge pool..  We have lovely neighbours and though we have looked around in various parts of Southern Spain, we are more than happy with our purchase.  Its great value for money.

Most of the houses are of a pre-fab design but this is not uncommon in many parts of Europe including Germany and Norway. The word pre-fab should not be confused with the poor and cheap designs of temporary housing produced for the UK during and just after the war.   The pre-fab houses on Camposol are solid and built like bunkers, they should last for many many years.  They do come with foundations, its a lie to suggest that they don't.  There are several types of designs around on Camposol and the types of foundations varies too.  I know as I have watched many of them being built.  My own villa sits on huge concrete piles with a further concrete base some 12 feet below ground.  Some are based on a floating base.  The type depends very much on what sort of ground the house sits on.

There are conflicting messages coming from the Mayors office and the offices of those who have set themselves up in committees.  I am not sure which versions are correct but I can say that for the majority of Camposolers, the issues talked about are of little interest and do not affect most.

Would I advise anyone to buy on Camposol?  Most certainly!!!    I would add though, that like any major purchase, the buyer should do their homework.  Find the areas that have experienced subsidence and keep away.  Problems can be found on every estate built in every part of the world.  A little time to look and ask questions will ensure that you get a great house and avoid any heartache.

Come to Camposol, I did and love it.

Chip

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 9:01 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Everyone must make their own minds up about Camposol but:

Condada de Alhama new developemnt is nearby and going to be the best in the area with lots of opportunities for LIfe Style Buyers not forgetting all the facilities No problems and 2 bed apartments start form 119.800 €.....difficult for other developments in the area to compete with

Like 0      
09 Nov 2007 12:59 AM by CaroleM Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Don't slag off Camposol until you've tried it.

We bought our villa two years ago and have never once regretted it. The views are spectacular of the open countryside and mountains. It is not a concrete jungle like some urbanisations. It is a huge place and does have its problems, however I am confident that it will all be sorted out eventually....after all..Rome wasn't built in a day.

CaroleM

Like 0      
09 Nov 2007 1:12 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Nice to hear you are happy!

And good luck with sorting out the ' problems'

I tend to agree with you that ' in due course' they will be sorted

Bit of stress! .....but that is life for a new 'Life style' 

Like 0      
09 Nov 2007 9:10 AM by qualitywheat Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

We live in Puerto de Mazarron, we bought here 4 years ago, and moved permanantly 18 months ago, and we love it, El Alamillo is lovely too, the thing we love here the most is the fact that as yet it isnt over ridden, its very quiet out of season, so we get the best of all worlds, its absolutely manic in summer, the Paseo is packed for about 2 months, cant park etc, but it all adds to the attractions, I wouldnt want to live anywhere else.

Camposol ? Personally I quite like it, its different to any other Urb you might visit, the problems there are soley down to the builder, why he hasnt been taken to task by the council is beyond me, (Money ? Bribes ?) Who knows, but we all know it goes on, One thing will be for sure, the builder will have to "finish" it and thats for certain.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2007 1:13 PM by sithering Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

In my opinion the only problems on Camposol are caused by sad individuals who seem to have nothing better to do than think up things to complain about. I used to live in a nice village in Yorkshire and it was EXACTLY the same.

I spent about two years researching Spain before arriving at the conclusion that this was the right area for us, and unlike some of the people posting opinions we actually visited the place before arriving at a decision. Wherever you go there are going to be elements that don't meet with ones complete approval, but you have to be realistic in your expectations.

Camposol has the appearance of a large Spanish village, built on rolling open countryside and surrounded by mountains. The people are very friendly and there is an air of peace and serenity throughout the entire urbanisation.

The nearest town is about 8km, but we have a couple of commercial centres onsite, making a car an option rather than a necessity. There are also now several large shopping centres within easy reach. The beaches are about fifteen minutes drive away, with the spectacular Sierra Espuna about 20 minutes in the opposite direction.

House prices are very reasonable, with a one bedroomed villa available for as little as €50,000, or maybe up to half a million for the most luxurious properties. Generally speaking people tend to take advantage of the cheap prices and customise their homes to meet their individual needs, as it is fair to say that the houses are pretty basic in unmodified form, although perfectly adequate as they stand.

We chose Camposol because of the area, the prices, and more importantly, we could see the potential. Sadly some others are unable to grasp the latter, but then again that's their problem, not mine.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2007 6:22 PM by macki62000 Star rating in Lanarkshire Scotland.... 15 posts Send private message

My husband and myself bought on Camposol fairly recently having looked into various places around that part of Spain. What takes your breath away are the fabulous views. It is absolutely peaceful and for the most part relaxing. There are no apartments on Camposol, just various styles of villas from small to quite large and a lot of people have customised their houses so that it doesnt look like a concrete jungle. Even uncustomised though the style of the houses is undoubtedly spanish with each differing type with its own particular character. There have been problems, granted, but as other posters have mentioned these are being addressed and are no worse than anything seen on any other large urbanisations. To state a general "the houses dont have foundations" is quite frankly mince. The commercial centres are not the prettiest you will come across but are functional and friendly. The great mix of nationalities is an absolute bonus. As with any other town or village anywhere in the world you get the usual bickering back and forward  but on the whole we personally love it as do any of our family or friends who have visited. There are also many  towns and villages around which are well worth exploring. The Port is lovely and there are lovely beaches around the area if you care to travel a few km. In short, dont let people put you off if you are considering buying, take some time out, rent out a villa for a few days and check the area out for yourself. We think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Asturias, N332 Punta Prima, Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Adorable puppies urgently need a home please - 4 posts
El Ejército del Aire - Spanish Equivalent to Red Arrows - 8 posts
DOLORES - New to the forum. - 2 posts
El Pinet update on refunds! - 7 posts
Hacienda Casares - new to site - 5 posts
La Duquesa - 1 posts
Woody - 0 posts
Which Broadband - 3 posts
Phase Two will noty be ready by March - 1 posts
medical support - 2 posts
Looking for long term Rental URGENT!! from 08.08.07 - 9 posts
Algorfa - 82 posts
New features coming.... - 54 posts
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY - 12 posts
just signed up - 7 posts
Out of pocket expenses for President - 11 posts
Marie Castro.....Baby? - 29 posts
Looking to rent 1month and 2 weeks - 5 posts
Has Any One Been To The Capanes del Golf Site Recently - 4 posts
New PGOU Marbella - 6 posts
astronomy in Torrevieja - 0 posts
Easyjet problems - 11 posts
A question about IVA for an estate agent - 12 posts
Rental needed with adsl - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 104

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x