Advise on area much appreciated

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jan 2013 2:00 PM by kat09 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

My husband and I currently live in Cyprus and have done so for the past 10 years.

We are considering a move and are interested in the Playa d Aro area on the Costa Brava.

Any advise on this area would be much appreciated and is it consdiered suitable for year round living.

We did visit for a short time last year and are visiting again soon.

We would not be looking for full time jobs so employment is not really an issue.Nor do we have children so again schools are not a issue.

Any information or view s would be great many thanks in advance.

Kat09

Like 0      
17 Jan 2013 6:01 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Costa de la Luz!

Sotogrande

Campo de Gibraltar

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
18 Jan 2013 5:27 AM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

I agree with Mariadelcasto.

But it all depends on what you are after.

If you cultured and sofistikated with some edukation like i am
Sotogrande and the costa del luz is the best place.

Polo and bigg ass houses for silly low prices now.

And gibraltar is very close so you can go and buy pie and mr kipling cakes in morrisons while you pick up cheap duty free drinks, cheap smokes and fill your car with petrol for a few pounds.

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
18 Jan 2013 11:19 AM by honeywater Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Hello Kat

Regarding your post on EOS, although you specify the area, I thought I'd recommend Torre de la Horadada ("Torre"  for short), further north, 15 minutes from Murcia airport. We bought our two villas there 10 years ago and have never regretted it. 

Torre has beautiful promenades, manicured parks and plenty of amenities. It is very flat, so easy to get around on foot or bike. We've always had people staying in our villas over winter and for their spring/summer holidays for the last 8 years.

Please disregard this message if of no interest to you.

Best wishes

Marina

Like 0      
18 Jan 2013 11:25 AM by Rossetti Star rating in Oxford and Zurich. 124 posts Send private message

As others have indicated Sotogrande has some good properties with good gardens and privacy.

We are locating to Alto Sotogrande after living in the South of France for some 30-years and compared to France Sotogrande is very low cost. When we looked around it was interesting that some of the properties had been built and never lived in. The owners had been trying to sell or rent for a while so were prepared to deal on the price - we are renting as getting a resident permit for a US passport holder who has lived in France for 30-years seems beyond the Spanish officials our lawyers have been dealing with.

We viewed several properties that seem to have suffered neglect, some even looked like they had been abandoned.

The area has good golf, horse riding and some excellent eating places.

Can't comment much more as we don't move in 'till 1st Feb, but our search led us to Sotogrande so your may too.

Good luck with your search, there are lots too choose from.

Like 0      
18 Jan 2013 8:21 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Soto as the locals call it is very seasonal we know the area very well and its a bit boring post polo season pringle sholder wrap ypu get the picture

Would be better further east Mijas/Marbs much more lively more to do and all year round

Enjoy

Like 0      
20 Jan 2013 6:11 PM by kat09 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Many thanks again for the info and help given.

Rosseti we wish you well in your move and hope you enjoy your new adventure.

Lots of new areas to explore now before making any final choice.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

interest only mortgage - 1 posts
Truth behind Magaluf - BBC Doc- Any Views? - 5 posts
Tolls for A-23 and AP7 - 6 posts
space in a van - 0 posts
Who can i get property at a reasonable price? - 0 posts
Hi to all. - 1 posts
where can i get a list of all Iberdrola's tarrifs and the standing charges etc - 13 posts
tax on uk property - 21 posts
Scottish power/iberdrola - 1 posts
Can anyone tell me why its so hard to find English sales people on the Coast? - 36 posts
Registering property for letting - 3 posts
Torresat in hot water yet again, €600,000 fines due - 0 posts
Translators - 4 posts
does anyone else have a septic tank that purifies the water for use in the garden? - 1 posts
Help Please! - Drawing on your pension from Spain for the first time - 6 posts
swop LHD car for RHD model - 1 posts
Family moving to Spain - 14 posts
Lawyer's liability - 8 posts
Spanish Citizenship Application Question - 7 posts
property to rent - 0 posts
Golf Lessons - Mar Menor Area - 2 posts
Loss of Community Fee discount for breaking community rules - 5 posts
Cheap and Cheerful for 3 months - 1 posts
spanish law - Retrospective planning - 5 posts
savings account without charges - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x