Cheap and Cheerful for 3 months

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jan 2013 12:31 PM by SarahF Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Guys,

To all expats living in Spain, or people who've studied there, I'm hoping you can help me.

I am going to live in Spain from Feb-may. Only three months as that's all my Visa will allow (I'm Aussie). My requirments for a place to live are as follows:

Immersion: I speak pretty good spanish but want to improve it even further.

Cheap - I have money saved but I'm doing a world trip after the three months, so Madrid and Barcelona are out for me.

Easy to make friends - The reason I put this is because I lived for one month in San Sebastian. While I loved it, I also found that the people there were a little colder or more difficult to make friends with than the people I met in Barcelona or Madrid.

Interesting - I'd like to be able to go out and do a dance class, maybe a good night life, festivals etc. 

I was considering Sevilla, Granada and the canary islands - but cannot decide which is better, and any other places you could suggest would be welcome.

Thanks so much!

Sarah

Like 0      
12 Jan 2013 3:00 PM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

Hi Sarah,

I have a house which may be available for the period you require as advertised on this site. http://www.eyeonspain.com/rentals/longterm/rp5104.  Cost is 250 euros per month pluse 80 euros per month electricity and water.  Competa is a very friendly village 30 mins from the coast at Torre del Mar, and about an hour from Malaga.  There are language classes and other courses available in the village.  There are clubs and bars for evening entertainment, and you would be able to enjoy the authentic Spain at Xmas, far from the usual tourist sites.  Send me a private message if you are interested.

Kind regards.

Tina

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

spanish law - Retrospective planning - 5 posts
savings account without charges - 0 posts
Espana viva - 1 posts
Facts on Bank Debts to Communities - 8 posts
Anyone else lost BBC channels this morning? - 9 posts
Winter Fuel Allowance, back years - 28 posts
BAD BANK DEBT - 2 posts
Apartment Reduced from 112k to 34k in Andalcia - 22 posts
BUG ON THIS SITE - 4 posts
Golf share in Guadalmina for sale - 1 posts
Congratulations to Think Spain Sl and Well done to Justin for the EOS Sale - 9 posts
Another success for Costa Luz Lawyers - 7 posts
Two bikes for sale - 0 posts
Road bike 58 cm wanted - 0 posts
Bank Account Translation - 2 posts
Car hire spain - 2 posts
What Documents Should be Kept In the Car - 15 posts
Reporting of Assets Outside Spain and UK Rental Income. - 355 posts
Car Hire in Murcia area - 7 posts
Justin Aldridge have you left the Building?? - 2 posts
What happens if I do not collect a Burofax??? - 9 posts
AUAN Press Release: Ex-pat homeowners take Spain to European Court of Human Rights - 11 posts
Netball in Seville? - 0 posts
Ian and Angie Calling - 4 posts
Registering a car in spain - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x