Registering property for letting

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jan 2013 3:55 PM by laflauta Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

Does anybody know if it is necassary by law to register a property that you let long term with Hacienda? There seem to be a lot of different opinions about this .I have never heard of anybody that has done this.

Like 0      
14 Jan 2013 4:03 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

http://www.euroresidentes.com/Property/property_rent_spain.htm

has useful info.  I believe you do not need to register for long term lets, but you will of course, have to pay tax (I am laughing as I type because I know that the majority of English people letting property think they can do it without paying tax.  While that may have been true in that they have the brass neck to do it,  I think/hope that things will be tightened up so that appropriate tax can be identified and collected.)

Like 0      
14 Jan 2013 4:15 PM by laflauta Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

Hi Roy, I do actually pay tax on the rental income, but my tenant claims that I am obliged by law to register my property with Hacienda, so I really wanted to find out if this was correct. Do you know?

Like 0      
14 Jan 2013 4:24 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I understand that you need to ensure, if you are in a community, that there are no statutes, which prohibit letting.

Then you need to ensure that the property is ‘designated’ for letting under planning regs (or similar) some properties are not.

Then you need the Regional approval.

Then you will need to declare the income, maybe charge IVA,  and if you do, then make several IVA tax returns very year.

I also understand that you will need safety certificates for each new let, electric and gas.

Then you may get a tenant who damages the property, is a problem to the neighbours, does not pay the rent etc.

And there may be more.

That said, I believe from observation and experience that most people let illegally, even agents.

But even that has increasingly potential problems.  As there is a story (maybe be true or not) that the utility services providers  must supply details of usage to the Hacienda. If they do that then it is apparent that an ‘empty’ property is being let !!

Good Luck !!

PS I gave up renting years ago,

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Torresat in hot water yet again, €600,000 fines due - 0 posts
Translators - 4 posts
does anyone else have a septic tank that purifies the water for use in the garden? - 1 posts
Help Please! - Drawing on your pension from Spain for the first time - 6 posts
swop LHD car for RHD model - 1 posts
Family moving to Spain - 14 posts
Lawyer's liability - 8 posts
Spanish Citizenship Application Question - 7 posts
property to rent - 0 posts
Golf Lessons - Mar Menor Area - 2 posts
Loss of Community Fee discount for breaking community rules - 5 posts
Cheap and Cheerful for 3 months - 1 posts
spanish law - Retrospective planning - 5 posts
savings account without charges - 0 posts
Espana viva - 1 posts
Facts on Bank Debts to Communities - 8 posts
Anyone else lost BBC channels this morning? - 9 posts
Winter Fuel Allowance, back years - 28 posts
BAD BANK DEBT - 2 posts
Apartment Reduced from 112k to 34k in Andalcia - 22 posts
BUG ON THIS SITE - 4 posts
Golf share in Guadalmina for sale - 1 posts
Congratulations to Think Spain Sl and Well done to Justin for the EOS Sale - 9 posts
Another success for Costa Luz Lawyers - 7 posts
Two bikes for sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x