Truth behind Magaluf - BBC Doc- Any Views?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jan 2013 4:55 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

I have just seen the doc by the BBC on Magaluf in Mallorca. It sort of reminded me of many areas in Spain during the summer but to be honest I was really surprised at the way the young Brits go so out of control. I haven't seen this behaviour amongst the Spanish and they go out every week and also go on holiday! I am also sure that the Brits don't behave this way ion the UK in general, but who knows, its beeen quite a while since I have been back. The documentary seemed to make out that it was Magaluf's fault that the alcohol was so cheap and that they should be doing something about it. Somehow I think it is more to do with how people behave and knowing their limits, and from the video it is clear that the Brits that go to Magaluf can only control their drinking arm, which also appears to be the last part of the body to dysfunction. Seeing how the Brits actually entice the other Brits into drinking binges and sex games I found quite shocking. I haven't seen anything like that before in Spain and I've been to Ibiza and many other holiday areas in the summer where yes, people loose control as well, but just not to that extent  and in such a concentrated area. So for those that saw it, any views? And for those that didn't I've attached it to the thread.

Do you think the Brits or the Spanish are more to blame? 

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
15 Jan 2013 4:59 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

I don't think it can be blamed on anyone else, they are responsible for their own actions. Didn't see the programme but it sounds like many big cities in the UK on a Friday or Saturday night unfortunately.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
15 Jan 2013 5:42 PM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

its just culture.

we know how to party hard and are good at it

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
15 Jan 2013 7:29 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Yes, sadly, the people who express surprise have not been out on the streets of our cities late at the weekend.  Respectable during the day they turn into no go areas at around 8 p.m on Fridays.   The difference is only in the open sexual behaviour they think is acceptable in Magaluf and they cannot get away with in UK cities (generally).  

The Spanish are to blame only in the sense they allowed certain areas to become ghettos.   In Magaluf, I think the Germans are about as bad as the Brits.   In my experience, young Spaniards do not behave in the same way, though they do congreate to drink of course.

Like 0      
15 Jan 2013 7:40 PM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

what do these bars in magaluf do as an alternative though?
if the hotels are offering all inclusive they need to do something to tempt the people out of the hotels and in the bars so i am very sure if you cam come up with a more profitable alternative solution to stack it high and sell it cheap they will embrace it.

this is all nothing new and its been the same for many years.

the one thing that can kill the entire resport though is rape

I rember a greek island i think it was there a certain area that was a hotspot for party people for about a decade ago.

everything was fine and good until some local greek chaps were raping a lot of the english girls.
this hit the newspapers hard and it was hot news for a while.
the place died immedialty and the tour operators moved onto another place.

The spanish arent the ones to blame.

The people wanting better value for money and all inclusive are to blame and the spanish are doing what they can to keep their island flowing with money.

Rember before the tourists there was nothing in spain.
if the tourists leave they will need a donkey again to pull their mercerdes round the islands because they wont have money for fuel.

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
15 Jan 2013 9:47 PM by trowell1 Star rating. 150 posts Send private message

They won,t be able to afford the carrot and the stick though.
Resorts like this make a fortune from young Brits , we all gon them in our teens and early twenty s , then get older and say oh dear look what's goin on

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Tolls for A-23 and AP7 - 6 posts
space in a van - 0 posts
Who can i get property at a reasonable price? - 0 posts
Hi to all. - 1 posts
where can i get a list of all Iberdrola's tarrifs and the standing charges etc - 13 posts
tax on uk property - 21 posts
Scottish power/iberdrola - 1 posts
Can anyone tell me why its so hard to find English sales people on the Coast? - 36 posts
Registering property for letting - 3 posts
Torresat in hot water yet again, €600,000 fines due - 0 posts
Translators - 4 posts
does anyone else have a septic tank that purifies the water for use in the garden? - 1 posts
Help Please! - Drawing on your pension from Spain for the first time - 6 posts
swop LHD car for RHD model - 1 posts
Family moving to Spain - 14 posts
Lawyer's liability - 8 posts
Spanish Citizenship Application Question - 7 posts
property to rent - 0 posts
Golf Lessons - Mar Menor Area - 2 posts
Loss of Community Fee discount for breaking community rules - 5 posts
Cheap and Cheerful for 3 months - 1 posts
spanish law - Retrospective planning - 5 posts
savings account without charges - 0 posts
Espana viva - 1 posts
Facts on Bank Debts to Communities - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x