Ryanair Cash Passport News

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Nov 2012 8:19 PM by Daveline Star rating in Lancashire & Orihuel.... 44 posts Send private message

Received this today so they must be giving in to the OFT !

Cheers

Dave

Dear Cardholder,

Firstly we would like to thank you for purchasing a Ryanair Cash Passport card. We have seen thousands of our cardholders benefit from the offer of avoiding the admin fee charge on Ryanair.com since the launch of the card on 1st October 2011. We thank you for your continued support.

It is with regret that we write to inform you that, as a result of decisions by the UK Office of Fair Trading, Ryanair Cash Passport card users will no longer benefit from avoiding the £6 admin fee for transactions made on Ryanair.com from 1st December 2012. While we are disappointed at this development, Ryanair is obliged to honour the decisions of the UK Office of Fair Trading.

We are committed to providing you, the cardholder, with further updates on card promotions and intend on notifying you shortly on our planned changes in the card offering.

Like 0      
06 Nov 2012 10:31 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

I have not seen this from Ryanair yet. Does this mean NO free payment cards at all.

This message was last edited by hugh_man on 06/11/2012.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2012 2:44 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Slightly off thread-but about Ryanair. In this week's Costa Blanca News, there is a story about a woman who was bundled off the plane because she was carrying a document too big for her hand luggage plus a book.In theory only one piece of hand luggage is allowed.I would like a euro for every time I have seen a passenger on a Ryanair flight carrying a handbag, duty free bag or other items into the y They are also inconsistent with the regulations on dimensions of the handluggage, measuring some to the nearest mm, yet allowing other bags which are obviously too big. I wrote to Ryanair about this-No reply-What a surprise.

I try not to fly with them unless there is no other flight available, eve though they are sometimes cheaper. I wish another airline would start up,give them a run for their money and wipe the smug smile off O'Leary's face!

Like 0      
09 Nov 2012 4:01 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

Jet2 are starting a new service to Murcia from Glasgow (not Presteick) in May so that'll give them a bit of competition on that route...hopefully Murcia will still be San Havier but it might be Corvera by then

Like 0      
10 Nov 2012 10:21 AM by lijaloo Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Ryanair blaming the OFT for having to charge all card holders the same admin fee - not quite what the OFT actually said about hidden charges.  The free payment method was only ever a way of flouting the advertising laws so that a lower headline price could be legally advertised.  They and any other airline for that matter must now include all costs so that the consumer can compare prices.  If Ryanair wanted to they could always offer a discount to cash passport holders.  I wouldn't hold your breath though!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Beware unfair fuel policies car rental companies - 6 posts
VETS IN ALICANTE AREA - 0 posts
Import rules for used clothing - 3 posts
charity help and information needed - 2 posts
How to register a charity help and information needed - 0 posts
DHL + Buying From Abroad - BEWARE OF IMPORT TAXES AND KEEP ALL YOUR RECEIPTS - 2 posts
Removals from UK to Spain - 4 posts
New NIE Number - 4 posts
What happens if AGM minutes are not adopted at the next AGM. - 1 posts
Must the AGM be called On tome within the anniversary date? Not longer. - 0 posts
Pre-retirement and got our S1 forms but where to take them? - 2 posts
english electrician wanted in the barcelona.area: urgent - 3 posts
Beware: Pet transport companies travelling from Spain to UK - 0 posts
Car - to buy or not to buy? - 11 posts
Duplicate Vehicle registration papers - 4 posts
Nota Simple - okay if a current mortgage shows up?? - 1 posts
Should Spain have one centralised Government? - 19 posts
Spain plans to privatise more healthcare- is this the way forward? - 52 posts
IBI - local tax - 6 posts
CAR EXCHANGE. SPANISH FOR ENGLISH - 1 posts
Norman Sands: Where are you? - 28 posts
PERSON WITH A VAN WANTED TO TRANSPORT GOODS TO ENGLAN - 5 posts
Kitchen Units / Doors / sink - 0 posts
Wrougt Iron Headboard for 5ft bed - 0 posts
Where to buy chemicals in bulk? - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x