Nota Simple - okay if a current mortgage shows up??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Nov 2012 3:28 PM by Chloeinspain Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello,

This may seem like a basic question and I hope I am not repeating this question.

I have made a verbal offer on a second hand apt and it has been accepted. Before signing a contrato de arras I want to check that everything is in order.

The nota simple indicates that the current owner has a mortgage on the property. How does this work moving forward?

Also, there is a phrase that I just don´t understand:

- Affecion: afecta la posible revision por la autoliquidacion del Impuesto de Transmisions Patrimoniales y Actos Juridicos Documentados por el plazo de CINCO años, a partir del 19 de Octubre de 2012. Habiéndose Liberado la cantidad de TRESCIENTS TREINTA y OCHO CON SESENTA Y CUARTO euros. Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks for your help!

Chloe

Like 0      
02 Nov 2012 4:02 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Chloe

It is common in Spain that a new owner can take over the existing mortgage.  In which case a representative of the Bank will be present at the Notary office when you sign the contract  and buy.

If you do not want or need the mortgage, the representative will sign off the debt  as cleared when the funds are paid by the new owner.

When you complete before the notary (which is the only way to do it) the Notary will have obtained a ‘Nota Simple’ of the escritura, I believe within the maximum of 24 hours before. He/she will not allow the sale if there are outstanding claims registered in the property at the Property Registration Office.

The part you posted in Spanish,  I think is just a warning that the Nota is correct at the time it was issued but that it could change in the future.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Should Spain have one centralised Government? - 19 posts
Spain plans to privatise more healthcare- is this the way forward? - 52 posts
IBI - local tax - 6 posts
CAR EXCHANGE. SPANISH FOR ENGLISH - 1 posts
Norman Sands: Where are you? - 28 posts
PERSON WITH A VAN WANTED TO TRANSPORT GOODS TO ENGLAN - 5 posts
Kitchen Units / Doors / sink - 0 posts
Wrougt Iron Headboard for 5ft bed - 0 posts
Where to buy chemicals in bulk? - 5 posts
New low cost airline from January 2013 - 0 posts
Factura advice - 11 posts
New Gatwick to Alicante route - 0 posts
letter from town hall - 2 posts
Just Bought on Condado - 1 posts
Cupcakes anyone?! - Canadians in need of need love - 17 posts
looking for long term rental - 0 posts
Solicitor asking for part payment in cash - 28 posts
HELP! JOB PLEASE! AN HONEST DAY'S WORK FOR AN HONEST DAY'S PAY - 5 posts
SEWING MACHINE OIL - 1 posts
Legal tip 845. Dation and balance V: Property outlets - 0 posts
Best time to buy - worst time to sell! - 29 posts
getting nie number for schools - 5 posts
Fitted Gas Fires - 4 posts
Thanks to Costa Luz Lawyers - 1 posts
what I can't find in Mercadonna - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x