getting nie number for schools

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Oct 2012 6:04 PM by supremeclean1 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

hi has anyone got any information on getting the nie number and had any problems getting it.

I am currently in spain and need to get the kids into schools so need to get the required paperwork asap.

Could anyone give advice and tell me how quickly this can be sorted out..........

Like 0      
31 Oct 2012 12:32 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - you need to apply to the National Police for an NIE number and each area handles it differently.  At the moment in Orihuela, it can take a month just to get an appointment to make the application!

If you go to your local National Police office and ask, then they should tell you their procedure and what paperwork they require.  You will need to show either that you own or rent a property here or that you have paid a deposit to buy one.  Don´t rely on them speaking English!

If you tell us where you live then perhaps someone who lives in that area could tell you the local practice.

Good luck!

Like 0      
31 Oct 2012 12:49 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I assume that if you are going to send your children to school in Spain, that you now live here.

If you have, or intend to live, PERMANENTLY in Spain then you are required to register on the EU foreign Citizens Register.  When that is issued it will have a number which is the NIE.

If you explain the urgency when are there,  then you should get the Cert that day. If you do not, ask for the complaints form. That will probably work like magic and the cert will appear !!.

Like 0      
31 Oct 2012 9:08 PM by supremeclean1 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

We have appointment with the police this Friday.its at fuengirola police station and is urgent as need kids in school.we live here now.will they give nie that day ?
The school in la Cala have places for our kids we have seen the headmaster.what documents will I need ?

Michael

Like 0      
01 Nov 2012 6:53 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Michael, see private message

Like 0      
01 Nov 2012 11:41 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Michael

This is the latest info regarding the requirements for EU Citizen Registration. 
At present I have no knowledge how the system is or will work in practice,

DOCUMENTACIÓN ACREDITATIVA PARA CERTIFICADO DE REGISTRO
 1. Copia de pasaporte o documento nacional de identidad, válido y en vigor, del solicitante o copia de los mismos caducados y de la solicitud de renovación. 2. Tasa pagada (10.30 euros)
3. Los documentos que a continuación se detallan según los casos:
TRABAJADOR CUENTA AJENA.- Uno de los siguientes documentos: - Declaración de contratación del empleador
 Incluyendo nombre de la empresa, C.I.F. de la empresa, Código Cuenta Cotización en la SS de la empresa.
- Certificado de empleo
 - Contrato de trabajo registrado en el S.P. Empleo - Alta en la SS
 O bien consentimiento para la comprobación de datos en los ficheros de la Tesorería General de la Seguridad Social.

TRABAJADOR CUENTA PROPIA.- Uno de los siguientes documentos:
 - Inscripción en el censo de actividades económicas.
- Inscripción del establecimiento mercantil en el Registro Mercantil. - Alta en la SS
 O bien consentimiento para la comprobación de datos en los ficheros de la Tesorería General de la Seguridad Social.

NO TRABAJA.- Todos los documentos siguientes:
 - Seguro de enfermedad con cobertura durante su período de residencia equivalente a la proporcionada por el Sistema Nacional de Salud (pensionistas será suficiente con documento que acredite que tienen derecho a asistencia con cargo al Estado que le paga la pensión).
- Prueba de recursos suficientes (mínimo 5.007,81 euros)
 ESTUDIANTES.
­Posibilidad 1:·         Matrícula
·         Seguro de enfermedad o tarjeta sanitaria europea válida durante todo el período de residencia.
·         Declaración de que posee recursos suficientes.

Posibilidad 2:      Acreditación de ser participante en UE de intercambio educativo

ENGLISH TRANSLATION  (by Bing)

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION
1. Copy of passport or national identity card, valid and in force, of the applicant or copy of the same expired and the application for renewal. 2 Rate paid (10.30 euros) xx
3. The documents listed below as appropriate:

WORKER  employed
-one of the following documents:-20th employer recruitment statement
 Including company name, CIF of the company code account trading on the SS of the company.
-Certificate of employment
-Contract work registered in the employment S.P. - high in the SS
Either consent to the verification of data in the files of the General Treasury of the Social Security.

WORKER, self employed .-    one of the following documents:
-Registration on the Census of economic activities.
-Registration of the mercantile establishment in the mercantile registry. -High in the SS

Either consent to the verification of data in the files of the General Treasury of the Social Security.

NOT working.-all of the following documents:

-Health coverage during their period of residence equivalent to that provided by the national system of health insurance
(pensioners will be accepted with documentation that certifies they are entitled to medical assistance, paid by the State which pays the pension).

-Proof of sufficient resources (minimum 5.007,81 EUR)

ESTUDIANTES.

Possibility 1:
 • Registration
• Insurance of sickness or European health insurance card valid throughout the period of residence.
Declaration that he has sufficient financial resources.

Possibility 2:
Accreditation to be member in EU educational exchange

And also,  this may help:-

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-spain/residence-req/residency-requirements-translation

This message was last edited by johnzx on 01/11/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fitted Gas Fires - 4 posts
Thanks to Costa Luz Lawyers - 1 posts
what I can't find in Mercadonna - 0 posts
what I can't find in Mercadonna - 21 posts
Cranes back in the Skyline...I was amazed - 45 posts
Purchasing a Property - What are the Essentials & the Pitfalls !! - 44 posts
Samsung Galaxy wanted - 2 posts
Photos of Spain - Share some great views! - 3 posts
OLD SEWING MACHINE MANUALS - 0 posts
Advice Please - 1 posts
Camposol, properties without papers (C & mainly D) - 5 posts
Spanish succession law/ New European regulation - 16 posts
EVERGREEN ELECTRICA - 0 posts
Spanish Income Tax - 3 posts
New to site and Spain - 2 posts
I agree - have waited for telephone and internet for nearly two years - 13 posts
Could you help me to expand my business? - 22 posts
Buyubg a car. - 1 posts
buying a apartment in santa pola - 4 posts
water charges Murcia - 2 posts
New agers - 7 posts
Suma - 5 posts
Discount electrical items in/near Albox - 3 posts
Knocked over by revolving door at Alicante airport! - 0 posts
New to Costa Tropical - Almuñécar - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x